Login

russian armor

Allied INF Team Games

20 Sep 2020, 14:00 PM

Ok, this may be considered a bit of rant but I think its very true when it comes to team games. I noticed as axis, the early game is a complete struggle in team games. when volks and grens have to go up against, riflemen, Infantry sections and/or penals, its a complete mis match and my team just gets completely steam rolled in the first 5-10 minutes. The only time I've managed to stem the tide is with the ostheer mg42 play, but even then thers only so much it can do. I simply do not know what to do, especially as OKW. Previously, you could outspam the enemy with volks, but after the nerfs you cant, you either have the same amount of inferior inf or less.

Now idm how riflemen are, since they have no access to early MG but there is no reason for IS to the way that they are, completely annihilating axis inf at all ranges. For people that play axis in team games (i'm talking 3s and 4s) what is that you can reliably do in the early game?

Before, some bafoon comes in and says its team games who cares blabla, most of the playerbase plays it and many changes have been in patches to compliment team games. I've put this in balance because I believe its a balance issue.
20 Sep 2020, 17:41 PM

Neft stumpio and section, rifle, vicker can be nefted, Volk stating power can be buff and okw can have affordable repair unit.
20 Sep 2020, 17:44 PM

Neft stumpio and section, rifle, vicker can be nefted, Volk stating power can be buff and okw can have affordable repair unit.

Basicly a double buff for volks and a nerf for allies across the board.

This is just over the top buff for okw early on. Rifles sections vickers will become cheaper and volks more expensive or what?
20 Sep 2020, 17:50 PM

Basicly a double buff for volks and a nerf for allies across the board.

This is just over the top buff for okw early on. Rifles sections vickers will become cheaper and volks more expensive or what?

Im not mean to do all of that together. The case will be stumpio tuned down alongside a sections and rifle tuned down and volk untouched or stum neft along with a small volk buff and the others untouched. What i prefer is tuned down stum and sections/rifle and leave volk alone, it will benefit ost as well.
20 Sep 2020, 17:53 PM

I have a mod which make stumpio stat with 2 stg abd 2 mp40 at cost of 280mp while Volk come with 1 stg pre upgrade. After that stum can be upgrade with another 2x stg or at package and volk will have 3x stg upgrade.
22 Sep 2020, 11:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2020, 14:00 PMAlphrum
Ok, this may be considered a bit of rant but I think its very true when it comes to team games. I noticed as axis, the early game is a complete struggle in team games. when volks and grens have to go up against, riflemen, Infantry sections and/or penals, its a complete mis match and my team just gets completely steam rolled in the first 5-10 minutes. The only time I've managed to stem the tide is with the ostheer mg42 play, but even then thers only so much it can do. I simply do not know what to do, especially as OKW. Previously, you could outspam the enemy with volks, but after the nerfs you cant, you either have the same amount of inferior inf or less.

Now idm how riflemen are, since they have no access to early MG but there is no reason for IS to the way that they are, completely annihilating axis inf at all ranges. For people that play axis in team games (i'm talking 3s and 4s) what is that you can reliably do in the early game?

Before, some bafoon comes in and says its team games who cares blabla, most of the playerbase plays it and many changes have been in patches to compliment team games. I've put this in balance because I believe its a balance issue.

All depends what are you up against, but as axis its defenetly hard early game. A lot also comes down to the map, but as ost you need a good mg play, and constantly move and reposition it, play defensive around it and conserve mp. against brits use indirect fire. and brumbär is always your best friend.

Also i think USF is forced into Caliop + Rangers, because they dont have anything else lategame.
22 Sep 2020, 21:07 PM

Just don't try, don't play 4v4 as Axis alone. Maybe you have a chance if one of them goes afk, or they have a much lower skill, but other things being equal there are no chances. The same will always happen.

OST example:
1)-you build a MG and grens -> spend a few minutes and you are overshadowed by 3 or 4 allied squadrons (blobs) and you lose the positions.

2)-If you are lucky and managed to conserve one of the fuel points, you get a pz IV and push a little -> the allied TDs arrive.

3)- it's mid-game the blobs and TD's dominate the field and you don't have the capacity to make a counterattack, your allies goes afk GG.

Conclusion, play premade with your friends, or you won't have a chance. If you don't have premade and are too masochistic to go into 4v4, then the best thing to do is follow your ally's movements at all times as if you were a support. Maybe it will prolong the game long enough for one of the enemies to lose connection haha, or simply play as allies.
23 Sep 2020, 12:27 PM

OKW struggle hard vs mg spam, since they have no early anti MG mechanic...unless u think flanking is a viable mechanic. A smart enemy will deny this flanking try hard.

A mg, sniper, mortar, lv is a anti MG mechanic....but even a fu*** mg crew kill alone a kubel
23 Sep 2020, 12:36 PM

OKW struggle hard vs mg spam,

What MG spam?
Maxim is dead unit at level better then 4 digit rank on any game mode and people who struggle against MG spam will also struggle against gren spam, volk spam or con spam, because they have no idea how to deal with spam in general.

since they have no early anti MG mechanic...unless u think flanking is a viable mechanic. A smart enemy will deny this flanking try hard.

If cons can flank HMG42, so can volks flank a lesser arc HMG that has much lower suppression and arrives later.
They also have completely stand alone counter, but they are too busy rushing mechanized to even look at bg.

A mg, sniper, mortar, lv is a anti MG mechanic....but even a fu*** mg crew kill alone a kubel

You really need to improve your kubel micro. Maybe not keep it on hold fire in front of weapon crew could help?
23 Sep 2020, 12:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2020, 12:36 PMKatitof

What MG spam?
Maxim is dead unit at level better then 4 digit rank on any game mode and people who struggle against MG spam will also struggle against gren spam, volk spam or con spam, because they have no idea how to deal with spam in general.

If cons can flank HMG42, so can volks flank a lesser arc HMG that has much lower suppression and arrives later.
They also have completely stand alone counter, but they are too busy rushing mechanized to even look at bg.

You really need to improve your kubel micro. Maybe not keep it on hold fire in front of weapon crew could help?

We know you are the biggest troll here, but let me give your some reminders...it seems you forgett alot about this game in the last 4 years you didnt played this game...so lets start:

1. Did you know, that maxim is not dead? And did u know that are more faction with mgs?
2. cons have more easily life with flanking, since the can oraah, which help alot. they are cheaper and 6models
Soviet by themself have enough tool to deal with mg. Here are some examples: m3, sniper, mortar, mg
3. kubel is killed by mg crew models alone before it is possible to get a MG crew retreat. u can test it by yourself, install the game and flank a maxim crew and try to kill it with kubel...kubel will lose. ...
23 Sep 2020, 13:25 PM

OKW struggle hard vs mg spam, since they have no early anti MG mechanic...unless u think flanking is a viable mechanic. A smart enemy will deny this flanking try hard.

i would rather play vs MG spam, then deal with hoards of penals and clown car, which i think is way worse.
23 Sep 2020, 14:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2020, 13:25 PMAlphrum

i would rather play vs MG spam, then deal with hoards of penals and clown car, which i think is way worse.

but m3 and penals are easier to counter as okw than mg spams in my opinion
23 Sep 2020, 14:43 PM

We know you are the biggest troll here, but let me give your some reminders...it seems you forgett alot about this game in the last 4 years you didnt played this game...so lets start:

1. Did you know, that maxim is not dead? And did u know that are more faction with mgs?
2. cons have more easily life with flanking, since the can oraah, which help alot. they are cheaper and 6models
Soviet by themself have enough tool to deal with mg. Here are some examples: m3, sniper, mortar, mg
3. kubel is killed by mg crew models alone before it is possible to get a MG crew retreat. u can test it by yourself, install the game and flank a maxim crew and try to kill it with kubel...kubel will lose. ...

Maxim is undeniably the worst mg in the game. It's not as bad as it was but it is not good. What's more it requires 160mp just to get access to.
2. Soviet do have a number of tools. But your deflecting. Volks are better at countering mgs than cons are, except maybe ppsh cons as the flame nade can often nuke em frontally and the stgs have more power than a nagant on the flank. Oprah is handy but without a follow up all you are doing is getting out of suppression.
3. Of course you have proof to back up this claim right? Because if memory serves me all weapon crews are worse than tommies, by a long shot, and a kuble will win every time against tommies if they are not benifiting from the cover damage reduction. Flank. Play the game properly and stop bitching that the game isn't tailored for a team of you and hellen Keller where it's unclear which of you is the mvp. Kuble costs dick all and punches way above that if you try ileven a little bit.
24 Sep 2020, 00:14 AM

ullu, let's be honest, you are a bigger troll. Furthermore, katitof is anything but a troll. Objectively, he's more correct than 90% of this forum. Every post from you is bashing on allies and stating incorrect facts constantly or deflecting and using whataboutisms. So, you know.... check yourself.
24 Sep 2020, 08:15 AM

3. Of course you have proof to back up this claim right?

its easily proofable and even the devs from here said that is true and the thinking about to lower the dps per shot from maxim models.

if you would read this forum active, you would see it often that a kubel lose vs a flanked maxim crew, since they crew model hit and pentrate everytime the kubel with every shot. Must be new for you, if u dont know it...so i recommend you to test it by yourself.
24 Sep 2020, 08:32 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

its easily proofable and even the devs from here said that is true and the thinking about to lower the dps per shot from maxim models.

if you would read this forum active, you would see it often that a kubel lose vs a flanked maxim crew, since they crew model hit and pentrate everytime the kubel with every shot. Must be new for you, if u dont know it...so i recommend you to test it by yourself.

I don't know if this is true or not, judging by how CoH2 works there might be an oversight with yet another unit and the crew never got properly nerfed.
Still... How exactly does this proof that the Maxim is in a good position? With the same logic we could say that a (hypothetical) Raketenwerfer with only 20 penetration is fine because it can still deal with a Scout car and UC. So let's better start focusing on what the Maxim is supposed to do: suppression.

And in that regard it is highly unreliable, especially late game when more yellow cover is around, but also in the early phase against units in green cover. If the Maxim targets the wrong model that just happens to be in cover (and a small crater can be enough sometimes), the MG might not suppress. Also, the Maxim is the only MG that basically cannot suppress units in green cover. While other MGs might need a few burst, it is impossible to move your unit out of cover since every additional burst will suppress when they move. Impossible with the Maxim, and since it got nerfed the whole MG spam meta vanished into nothing. I think I have not seen an MG spam for the last two years, even though my rank is shite and I would not wonder too much getting matched to someone just trying it out to test if it is viable.
24 Sep 2020, 08:44 AM

I don't know if this is true or not, judging by how CoH2 works there might be an oversight with yet another unit and the crew never got properly nerfed.
Still... How exactly does this proof that the Maxim is in a good position? With the same logic we could say that a (hypothetical) Raketenwerfer with only 20 penetration is fine because it can still deal with a Scout car and UC. So let's better start focusing on what the Maxim is supposed to do: suppression.

And in that regard it is highly unreliable, especially late game when more yellow cover is around, but also in the early phase against units in green cover. If the Maxim targets the wrong model that just happens to be in cover (and a small crater can be enough sometimes), the MG might not suppress. Also, the Maxim is the only MG that basically cannot suppress units in green cover. While other MGs might need a few burst, it is impossible to move your unit out of cover since every additional burst will suppress when they move. Impossible with the Maxim, and since it got nerfed the whole MG spam meta vanished into nothing. I think I have not seen an MG spam for the last two years, even though my rank is shite and I would not wonder too much getting matched to someone just trying it out to test if it is viable.

my intention was: OKW lack any good anti MG mechanic for early game. its super easy to push back okw when you play smart with your mgs and see what comes from flanks. okw is in trouble than. that why you have no nice time on lane maps when u have only okw in your team. you have no smoke, no sniper, no mortar, no mg, no carrier, and your kubel is not able to win a fight vs a flanked mg crew
24 Sep 2020, 08:49 AM

the maxim is a joke... if anything it needs a good deal more suppression instead of these halfass buffs...
24 Sep 2020, 10:27 AM

Well, I have tested it myself, well something similar to dispute the claim that the kuble is useless... Unless the men on a maxim are stronger than a rifle despite their larger target size and lower rof imma call bullshit.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★