Login

russian armor

US vs OST - Critique

15 Sep 2020, 03:59 AM

In this replay I'm playing as the US. I've got over 200 hours and I'm ranked 900.

I find that I can often get a good push going in the early/mid game, but by late game everything seems to crumble.

Any suggestions welcome. I can't quite figure out how to keep a solid front intact.

Thanks in advance!

28 Sep 2020, 03:25 AM

In my opinion, you lost the game at the 27 minute mark when those PG's nuked 3 units and stole one of your AT guns. You had your AT guns to far forward with no protection.

Punctuated it at the 43 minute mark wrecking your armor by using shot blockers to block your AT guns.

You took too long to build a Jackson.

If you go AA Halftrack, your first tank is delayed, so have good AT when the PIV comes out first.

You were too aggressive with the MG42 you stole. Should've kept it in a more defensive role. That's something that would give PG's trouble. Same with the AA halftrack; keep it supported because it's armor is made of mashed potato. That AA halftrack was asserting your dominance into the mid game.

Guy built a lot of PG's against you, preserved them and vetted them up.

Get rid of the Pershing bulletin and substitute it for 'Infantry Gets 10% more experience'. USF's core strength is their infantry. Preserve them, vet them and concentrate using Double BAR's on them.

Don't bother putting AT on your rangers. Make them anti-infantry killers. Your opponent went DOuble PG blobs, you could've went double Ranger Tommies and wrecked his face.

You started bogging down in the mid game. Leave your portable AT work to your RE troops with double zooks. When you had all the victory points and there was a lull in the action, that's when you lay mines and shore up your defenses.

If you ever feel like playing, I'm an OST/OKW exclusive player. Would be happy to duel you sometime. :)
10 Oct 2020, 22:12 PM

Hey Snake, thanks a lot for the reply!

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you I've been busy as of late.

Thanks for the advice man, I see what you mean. I think handling my AT guns has been a real weakness for me up until now, something I'm really trying to work on.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight