Login

russian armor

Bring back Sniper in an M3

15 Sep 2020, 13:37 PM

Bring back volks Panzerschreck,,,
16 Sep 2020, 07:33 AM

i suggest a fun patch with all units having their powerspike stats (e.G. release Tiger ace, release churchills, Katyusche with megaton rockets...)

who do you think would win
16 Sep 2020, 11:36 AM

Lets give sniper 60 munition upgrade to get second model as well Kappa
16 Sep 2020, 12:47 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

i suggest a fun patch with all units having their powerspike stats (e.G. release Tiger ace, release churchills, Katyusche with megaton rockets...)

who do you think would win

Bugs and glitches non included, taking into account current teching costs and adjusting units/abilites only to what they were at certain patches (so no mixing stats from 1 patch with another), the answer is simple. We don't include beta content.

Games will never pass the 10 min mark.

At it's peak on 1v1, the strongest faction will be OH/USF. Maybe Soviets IF T70 at 320HP holds against 222 spam.

OH: March deployment Grens (with passive suppression like current Obers) and Pio spam by default. And that doesn't get even close to first week release Osstruppen/Assault Grenadiers. Transition into mini KV8 FHT and 10f 222 spam. Not sure if OG MG42 is even needed.

SU: they have plenty of things which will be broken on teamgames and if they can "breath" at all. It's just that they get dragged down by tech costs + CPs + munition. The only thing that MIGHT hold on, it's maxim spam into T70s (320HP with crush) when using Soviet Industry.

OKW: it has great mid to late game units but no game breaking units for early game. Truck push (the unit has a cost now and doesn't come at the beginning of the game) exist but it will be arriving later and Kubeljesus is not enough. MG34/Flak HT are strong but not game ending.

USF: i think this is the only faction which can rival OH at all and compete for first place. RE volley fire and Ass Engis should be able to hold against OH. While M20 + Stuart does the same against 222 + FHT. Not worth mentioning other options like Elite Rifles, cause i think only Ass Engies can compete with Ass Grens.

UKF: it's pretty much similar to OKW.

If the game makes it to the 20 min mark, i think Soviets auto win. T3476 ram with main gun destroy + engine dmg/destroy is auto win when combined with fully upgraded infantry or maxim spam.
16 Sep 2020, 21:26 PM

snip

I remember the days when Grens were 240 mp obers. Shit was disgusting to play against.

Theres also the double m1919 terminator rifles and ost/usf having the 81mm mortar of doom.
17 Sep 2020, 00:36 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I remember the days when Grens were 240 mp obers. Shit was disgusting to play against.

Theres also the double m1919 terminator rifles and ost/usf having the 81mm mortar of doom.

Broken CP 0 call in infantry which was nerf in less than a week > everything else.
17 Sep 2020, 01:33 AM

We all forgotten bout the 250mp JLI that spawned from buildings with g43 snipers as well?
17 Sep 2020, 12:01 PM

Broken CP 0 call in infantry which was nerf in less than a week > everything else.

What about 1CP call-in guards and shocktroops, after CP rewamp. When 1 CP was essentially 0.5 CP.
17 Sep 2020, 14:21 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

What about 1CP call-in guards and shocktroops, after CP rewamp. When 1 CP was essentially 0.5 CP.

I think you are a little confused. WE ARE living in the 0.5 CP era. 1 CP of old was current 2 CP. Guards/Shocks were pushed to 1 CP but they are far from been at their strongest IMO.

Even at their peak, they would be arriving too late and be expensive AF (though worth it).

I've checked and it only took 24hs for them to give AG a munition cost to deploy, cause they didn't know how they could balance them. Couple that with T1 skip into 4min 210mp 15f 222 spam.

I'll give you a reminder, Assault Grens had the same durability (they had armor) as current Shock troops. Let that fact sink in.
17 Sep 2020, 15:05 PM

I think you are a little confused. WE ARE living in the 0.5 CP era. 1 CP of old was current 2 CP. Guards/Shocks were pushed to 1 CP but they are far from been at their strongest IMO.

When Shock troops/Guards become CP 1 the game was simply broken. Ostheer could simply not stop Soviet elite infantry.
17 Sep 2020, 18:02 PM

You didnt get me right. After rewamp, where 1 CP became 0.5, shocktroops and guards where left at 1 CP, meaning that you could have had them almost after getting 1 building and 1 firefight. Roflstomping Ostheer.

Also at least Ass.grens were bandage fixed fast, while it took quite a while to fix 2-3 min shocktroops\guards call-ins.

Yeah and I belive that Ass.grens were added later on, its a different story with them.
17 Sep 2020, 20:01 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2020, 15:05 PMVipper

When Shock troops/Guards become CP 1 the game was simply broken. Ostheer could simply not stop Soviet elite infantry.

Read context. Units was strong in that specific patch, but i don't think it was it's strongest state in the game life. Too expensive.

You didnt get me right. After rewamp, where 1 CP became 0.5, shocktroops and guards where left at 1 CP, meaning that you could have had them almost after getting 1 building and 1 firefight. Roflstomping Ostheer.

Also at least Ass.grens were bandage fixed fast, while it took quite a while to fix 2-3 min shocktroops\guards call-ins.

Yeah and I belive that Ass.grens were added later on, its a different story with them.

Sigh. Read what DonnieChan asked. We are not talking about the performance of units in different patches. He asked what would be the state of the game if we were to put the BEST performance a unit had in the game's life in a single patch.

Shocks in that patch were +400mp (i still think close to release shocks which require buying PPSH were better cause they were cheaper) and Guards would still require 60muni to be useful. In fact, while they arrive fast, they were deemed UP outside of button.

1 CP is around 3 mins. You build around 4 units by that point. Back then, the game was slower as you started with less mp + units arrived from the edge of the map. That's why you could get away with going for expensive elites that early while floating mp.

OP Guards came on another patch. When they were buffed in several aspects. So here you have to opt between Guards OP because button or Guards OP because PTRS sniping infantry (which i argue is the strongest Guards have ever been). In either case, they were at 2CP.

17 Sep 2020, 23:07 PM

I wasnt speaking about this context or anything else. Also shocks didnt requare ppsh up at that time, they already had them by default.

And no, it was bad shit OP by that timing. Not guards, but shocks in particular if you didnt go for sniper. On paper, yes it doesnt sound like much but in context of when it was, they were OP.

But to put it in your context, then it was strongest state for shocks during that time.
17 Sep 2020, 23:22 PM

Post-rework Partysans were pretty wild for a week before they realised their mistake.
I believe their PPSHs had higher firerate, but lower damage. Then they gave them shocks level damage without changing the firerate.
What could go wrong?B-)
18 Sep 2020, 00:22 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I wasnt speaking about this context or anything else. Also shocks didnt requare ppsh up at that time, they already had them by default.

And no, it was bad shit OP by that timing. Not guards, but shocks in particular if you didnt go for sniper. On paper, yes it doesnt sound like much but in context of when it was, they were OP.

But to put it in your context, then it was strongest state for shocks during that time.

Of course they were batship OP at that time but we are talking about what were their strongest stats during the whole game cycle. Is that hard to understand?

360mp, 30 reinforce, 60 muni, ±10% more dmg, 2 CP, question mark regarding vet value
vs
440mp, 36,6 re, 1 CP
18 Sep 2020, 00:29 AM

Bring back volks Panzerschreck,,,

You can technically still shrek blobs with Panzergrens. Just locks you to a commander is all and they don't get snare which sucks.
18 Sep 2020, 00:30 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Post-rework Partysans were pretty wild for a week before they realised their mistake.
I believe their PPSHs had higher firerate, but lower damage. Then they gave them shocks level damage without changing the firerate.
What could go wrong?B-)

That was basically, i click a button and wipe a support weapon. Deadly specially if you combined it with T70 to wipe paks.

I'll say i would give the 0CP Dhska a honorable mention for single handly carrying a whole doctrine which was trash, as it was able to compete with OG Maxim spam.
18 Sep 2020, 07:31 AM

Of course they were batship OP at that time but we are talking about what were their strongest stats during the whole game cycle. Is that hard to understand?

360mp, 30 reinforce, 60 muni, ±10% more dmg, 2 CP, question mark regarding vet value
vs
440mp, 36,6 re, 1 CP

Think you under estimate the timing impact.

Regardless if a unit had a stronger version or not, its impact has also to do with its timing.

For instance Panzer grenadier have become allot more impactful because they have become available earlier.

In addition the weapon profiles where not introduced at the time so Shock did not actually use SMG at the time so they are not comparable with happened after the weapon profiles.

As far as I can remember during the patch Shock troops where simply unstoppable so although their stat might be lower than today the stat of what their facing where also lower and their impact was bigger.

I do not remember Shock having more impact in the game than at that time.

18 Sep 2020, 10:18 AM

Makes me laugh how people talk about the broken shit of the past, as if to imply the current state of the game is anything but a steaming pile of cancerous shit.

Psst. The balance team just replaced the broken shit from relic with slightly less broken shit of their own, but made it ok by spreading it among all the factions and then to top it off made every faction the same so no one could complain...

Well done team.

18 Sep 2020, 10:32 AM

Every faction is the same?

Not every faction has:
A stock heavy let alone superheavy.
2 inf units stock.
A light tank stock.
Stock ai upgrades.

Just saying.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #