Login

russian armor

"Error Writing File" when Trying to Publish Maps

12 Sep 2020, 10:05 AM

Hey all!

So I just finished my achievement maps and I was going to release them all to the Steam Workshop. There are 76 of them in total, but after publishing the 46th map, there is a yellow triangle next to the "Unpublished" status which means I can't publish it. There's no error code or something there, and I consulted to MonolithicBacon about it and he suggested to go here.

Any enlightenment on this issue, everyone?

I look forward to your answers and solutions.

Thank you :) :)
12 Sep 2020, 12:02 PM

In the past I recall that there is a limit to how many maps you can publish to steam. You may have found that limit. I thought Mono had hit that limit before, so maybe you have not yet? Or the limit/limit message has changed since then.

At one point I would get Error Writing File with a code like #2 or something. But I found if I published from a different PC, the map would publish fine. The fix was to reinstall steam on the problem PC (which I would only do as a last resort cause you may lose everything, games, etc).
13 Sep 2020, 16:35 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2020, 12:02 PMRosbone
In the past I recall that there is a limit to how many maps you can publish to steam. You may have found that limit. I thought Mono had hit that limit before, so maybe you have not yet? Or the limit/limit message has changed since then.

This is true, I did as well, had to use secondary steam accounts to continue to upload in both cases.

Also didn't OP just start mapping in like... august. There is no conceivable reason you should have 46 maps uploaded that all NEED to be published. Recommend un-publishing some of them.
6 Oct 2020, 10:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2020, 16:35 PMTric

This is true, I did as well, had to use secondary steam accounts to continue to upload in both cases.

Also didn't OP just start mapping in like... august. There is no conceivable reason you should have 46 maps uploaded that all NEED to be published. Recommend un-publishing some of them.

Heya. The maps I made are achievement maps for the completionists.
21 Feb 2022, 01:02 AM

I was having same issue. Could not publish new maps, but could delete older maps from steam workshop and then republish them. Weirdness? Did a lot of searching. DuckDuckGo finally found a russian thread I hadn't read. They said go to Steam\userdata and delete the folder for COH2. Russian Steam ID number is different than United States Steam ID. For U.S. it is: 231430. Now mind you, I have more than one Steam directory and more than one Steam\userdata directory; several drives full of steam items. The original Steam directory ...\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata is where I found the COH 2 cache I had to delete. If you go to the drive where you installed the Steam App and search for 231430 you will find it. Delete EVERYTHING in the directory 231430. You must then EXIT Steam completely and restart it. Then restart COH 2, Modding Hub, filter for Unpublished, click on the item you want to publish, click Publish and it will work.
4 Apr 2022, 10:18 AM

Well i have 176 uploads at steam.So believe me when i say that i am from those that really have try everything.
Times to times i had that problem too.
Is steams problem and there is nothing you can do.Believe me.
When first time had that problem was weird cause i couldnt upload but i could update my maps but not all to some maps i couldnt even update.Too weird to be able to update only some of my uploads.

Then create second account and could upload to my new second account.After months without to change anything i could upload to my main account.Then after months i couldnt for once again to upload or either to update my maps.
Then after months i could and since then didnt had problem again.
What others suggest it isnt solution.

There is no limit to what you can upload.

Even if you delete the userdata folder you will have again this problem very shortly.It may work for few days only.

It doesnt matter what region you select to steam.

Steam has many time problem with cookies and with the 64 bit coh2 edition.

For sure i can tell you this.If you upload while you using 64bit in your workshop you wont have preview image.
Use 32 bit edition if you want to have preview image.

For error writing file there is no any solutin cause is steams problem not yours.

You can waste your hours days months by searching.
My advice.
You can do something creative and stop waste your time searching for solution.

I spend months (really months everyday for hours) searching for solution.Believe me.176 uploads that also need updates was extremely critical for me to make it work but there is no solution.Is not in your hand.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★