Login

russian armor

Lower the price of the Stuka to foot or buff it

7 Sep 2020, 06:30 AM

stuka is insanly good, dunno what youre talking about.
sure you get unlucky sometimes, or an opponent thats very good at dodging them but when you seriously think its bad... well maybe you should blame the player thats using it and not the unit

To me it just seems that Katjuscha and especially Panzerwerfer are so much better.
Stuka in 2 vs 2 only works decently when the enemy doesn't dodge and / or on maps which are already cancerous to begin with ( and are probably going to be removed ) and even on those maps a Panzerwerfer would still do well if not better in comparison. In a lot of matches in which I get 2 Panzerwerfers I have 100 kills with them or more ( 2 vs 2 ) . Can't say the same about Stuka. It is just so much easier to get kills with Panzerwerfer / Katjuscha probably also because they can be used for VP/ Point denial and even against teamweapoons a Panzerwerfer / Katjuscha does fine. I had enough games in 2 vs 2 as allies where one Panzerwerfer barrage instawhiped my Mortar. I also had a lot of matches where 2 or 3 Panzerwerfers actually caused a decent amount of trouble to us and our teamweapons , can't remember anything like that with Stukas; in fact I can't even remember when I saw the last Stuka to foot ( let alone two of them ) being used by a OKW player in 2 vs 2 in the first place( But ofc this all is just from the perspective of a Lvl 13 2 vs 2 player ) .
7 Sep 2020, 07:09 AM

I would test replacing the HE barrage with an incidiary or WP one. That would make the unit less "all or nothing" and provide OKW with a rilaible counter to garrsion/emplcement when going T2.

HE barrage could require further tech or MU.

(actaully similar change could be doe to all rocket arty)

Changes to time and cost could include requiring enginner unlock or second truck with lowering the cost accordingly.
7 Sep 2020, 16:47 PM

my main complaint with the axis rocket arty, is their longer flight time, anyone with ears and half a brain knows what to do when the launching starts, and is mostly useless against the majority of players anyway, no matter the dmg you do, unless you hit something, its useless.

with quicker allied team weapon set-up and tear-down speeds, even less so
7 Sep 2020, 17:37 PM

It has different role. I wont consider and compare it to any other rocket arty.

In direct complacent its kinda lackluster, considering the fact that any other rocketarty is much more efficient at denying ground or wiping spreadout blobs due to the scatter.

However, stuka is much more effective against support weapons and against any ambient garrisons, also it can destoy LVs and any type of scout cars quite good, aswell as finish or damage enemy armor.

For me personally, I try to use it on retreath paths, this is where it shines. Because player has no countroll over it and cant doudge it. If you know the maps and retreat paths then stuka really become quite potent.

Its much harder to use it effectively then any other rocket arty, but again when it works it works much better then other rocket arty.

On the other hand is it have a good unit desing that is the question.
Vaz
8 Sep 2020, 11:19 AM

I've taken severe losses from rockets on the retreat path
9 Sep 2020, 03:00 AM

I've been told that "good players" in team games prefer to fire their rocket artillery at longer ranges rather then closing in for the shotgun effect. Im primarily a 1v1 player where often it IS better to get close if you can, but due to a low amount of playtime in larger modes I can't speak for them. Can you shed some light on this?

Unless something radically changed since I last played, this is not true for rocket artillery in team games. I'd argue its easier to close range arti in team games since you can rely on teammates to back you up and the relatively static nature of 3v3+ means you likely wont get dove.
10 Sep 2020, 14:48 PM

Seriously? I main OKW as axis and play allies. It's one of the best artys in the game. Love it as OKW, hate it as allies
10 Sep 2020, 16:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2020, 14:48 PMTomDRV
Seriously? I main OKW as axis and play allies. It's one of the best artys in the game. Love it as OKW, hate it as allies

For me it is quite the opposite. Love it when my enemy gets it and regret it when I get one. Just today had a match against rank 13 axis players where the enemy Stuka to foot did literally 0 damage.

Also it appears that your perspective is mainly coming from a 3 vs 3 / 4 vs 4 PoV. In those gamemodes Stuka might be decent, but I am mainly complaining about its performance in 2 vs 2 / 1 vs 1
10 Sep 2020, 18:16 PM

Meanwhile USF and UKF cry in the corner and wish they had non-doc rocket arty. Stuka could use some quality of life changes like buffing the incendiary ability (Vet1 w/ tweaks) and maybe adding a circular pattern barrage as a vet 3/4 ability or something. Otherwise it's hardly bad in the hands of a skilled player.
10 Sep 2020, 19:10 PM

Not sure if it can be done, but if its barrage ability had a proper circules markers for each rocket instead of a strate line, it possible would make it much userfriendly.

Its a common sutiation to miss with it and have an enemy init in between two rockets taking 0 damage, because you wrongly planced its salvo.
10 Sep 2020, 20:36 PM

Not sure if it can be done, but if its barrage ability had a proper circules markers for each rocket instead of a strate line, it possible would make it much userfriendly.

Am excellent idea imo. Much more user friendly and, above all, suggesting what to expect which leads to less frustration.

Its a common sutiation to miss with it and have an enemy init in between two rockets taking 0 damage, because you wrongly planced its salvo.

I have similiar experience - seems that more seasoned players just somehow count the distances from the first rocket but they seem to know how to do that. Still, I've seen top players miss with it a lot (due to those holes between rockets - they rarely draw the line wrong).
11 Sep 2020, 18:09 PM

+1. The stuka doesn't need buffs, it just needs to be easier to use.
11 Sep 2020, 20:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2020, 18:09 PMSpoof

If it becomes easier to use its rockets will need to be toned down somewhat. Cuz when it hits it really hits currently.
11 Sep 2020, 23:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2020, 18:09 PMSpoof

Stuka is already easy to use and the most accurate to fire at targets. It's not in need of buff it has a very specific use. It can kill team weapons far better than the suppression of the werfer and the firepower of the Katy.
12 Sep 2020, 17:27 PM

Are you srsly saying that the Best rocket arty in the game SUCK!!!!
GIT GUD DUDE!!!!
I will admitted IT HAS THE HIGHEST SKILL CEILING, So too NOOBS it's totaly useless but to experienced players and pro it is better than any else.
12 Sep 2020, 17:55 PM

Are you srsly saying that the Best rocket arty in the game SUCK!!!!
GIT GUD DUDE!!!!
I will admitted IT HAS THE HIGHEST SKILL CEILING, So too NOOBS it's totaly useless but to experienced players and pro it is better than any else.

Ah yes. A rank 4000 guy who didn't play axis in ages ( and never had a match as OKW ) tells others to git gut.
12 Sep 2020, 18:02 PM

Stuka is already easy to use and the most accurate to fire at targets.

Not really. You can only really tell where the first round will land.

And easy to use? With Panzerwerfer, Katjuscha , etc. all you have to do is one leftclick , with stuka you have to leftclick , angle it, and click again ( and this is a perfect scenario where your 3rd arrow is already on the right position on your first try ) . To me this seems to be more micro consuming than Werfer and Katjuscha

It can kill team weapons far better than the suppression of the werfer and the firepower of the Katy.

It is not like the panzerwerfer only has suppression and no damage. In fact a panzerwerfer can even be better at killing a Team weapon squads than a Stuka , due to the fact that 5 and 6 men squads are usually spread out and thus usually survive the stuka rounds, the circular werfer barrage seems to fair so much better against those squads in comparison

Also you haven't played OKW in at least a month, so how do you know that it is really that easy to use ?
12 Sep 2020, 20:20 PM

"Stuka to foot" lol
12 Sep 2020, 22:08 PM

So many ppl got triggered, not by buff but by suggestion to change firing marker #feelsgood.
12 Sep 2020, 23:51 PM

Not really. You can only really tell where the first round will land.

And easy to use? With Panzerwerfer, Katjuscha , etc. all you have to do is one leftclick , with stuka you have to leftclick , angle it, and click again ( and this is a perfect scenario where your 3rd arrow is already on the right position on your first try ) . To me this seems to be more micro consuming than Werfer and Katjuscha

It is not like the panzerwerfer only has suppression and no damage. In fact a panzerwerfer can even be better at killing a Team weapon squads than a Stuka , due to the fact that 5 and 6 men squads are usually spread out and thus usually survive the stuka rounds, the circular werfer barrage seems to fair so much better against those squads in comparison

Also you haven't played OKW in at least a month, so how do you know that it is really that easy to use ?

Response #1: The OKW rocket artillery requires more micro to be effective due to how it works that's what makes it unique. Good micro will ensure you get good hits along the line in which you are firing it. The mice consuming is a given. Its harder to use but has the most consistently amongst all of the rocket artillery which is more unpredictable in nature of their design. Its a creeping barrage and will follow the path you assign to it. If you want the katushya and werfer to be more accurate you will need to get closer to get a more accurate shot similar to the stuka. This seems more like a learn to play issue than anything else. Also, remember there Katushya at VET 1 has a similar creeping barrage effect which is rather lackluster compared to the Stuka and should receive some attention compared to the Stuka in my opinion.

Response Regarding OKW Playtime: Just because I haven't played it in a month does not mean I have forgotten how it functions. The Stuka still functions similarly to how it did when it first came out the only difference being is that the damage output has been altered over time due to the nature of balance. Also, there haven't been any major balance changes to the Stuka in particular in the past month making any difference than it was when I last played it. In addition, consider that you could always mess around with the rocket arty and etc in offline custom matches with Ai which I like to do from time to time that will not show up in the leaderboards because it's not a ranked match.You present nothing more than a strawman in this situation.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★