Login

russian armor

Bring back vet.3 +33% barrage range maybe?

27 Aug 2020, 10:14 AM

just for these 3 mortar variants : M1 81mm. , granatenwerfer 34 , pm-41 82mm.

increase another options to counter :

- ISG / Packhowi / Mortars pit
- Wall of ATs/HMGs

doesn't share extra range with (SOV)flare ability , (OST) Counter barrage ability

27 Aug 2020, 12:24 PM

No that's bullshit, u have to micro your mortar and no sit it in the back and outrange everything
27 Aug 2020, 12:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2020, 12:24 PMmadin2
No that's bullshit, u have to micro your mortar and no sit it in the back and outrange everything

pack howi ,120mm. can do the same with vet.0 with better scatter
27 Aug 2020, 13:25 PM

120mm is doctrinal and honestly rather poor, pack howi is another problem for another thread.

Try again. Cheap mortars do not need a autofire range boost at vet.
27 Aug 2020, 13:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2020, 13:25 PMA table

120mm is doctrinal and honestly rather poor, pack howi is another problem for another thread.

Try again. Cheap mortars do not need a autofire range boost at vet.

+33% barrage range

27 Aug 2020, 14:09 PM

i don't think this is bad idea honestly.
27 Aug 2020, 14:19 PM

Counter barrage from the ostheer mortar already has extra range..

If you need to decrew support weapons I think the mortars already have enough range, and if it doesn't meet your need I suggest you get yourself some rocket artillery.

Also, the USF indirect fire is already really strong with the Pack howi and the Scott in their stock loadout.
27 Aug 2020, 14:34 PM

Counter barrage from the ostheer mortar already has extra range..

If you need to decrew support weapons I think the mortars already have enough range, and if it doesn't meet your need I suggest you get yourself some rocket artillery.

Also, the USF indirect fire is already really strong with the Pack howi and the Scott in their stock loadout.

I get it, if having problem to deal with packhowis / ISGs just build a rocket artillery..

I better not see people crying about OP packhowits here in the future.
27 Aug 2020, 15:06 PM

Then its a howitzer issue and not a mortar issue
27 Aug 2020, 15:18 PM

50/50 could be a good change. While it's a nice bonus for keeping your mortars alive and would reward good micro you might have to increase long range scatter to compensate. It also could be stupid obnoxious on some small maps where a Vet 3 mortar could basically sit in your base and barrage a good portion of the map.
27 Aug 2020, 16:12 PM

50/50 could be a good change. While it's a nice bonus for keeping your mortars alive and would reward good micro you might have to increase long range scatter to compensate. It also could be stupid obnoxious on some small maps where a Vet 3 mortar could basically sit in your base and barrage a good portion of the map.

But it would be barraging a spot on the map, meaning a targeted ability with a cooldown. The counterplay would be just to move. Micro for micro.

I think the return of a longer barrage would be acceptable
27 Aug 2020, 16:35 PM

that is my main goal , keeping this fragile unit alive to the late-game not just to be a smoke maker unit

But it would be barraging a spot on the map, meaning a targeted ability with a cooldown. The counterplay would be just to move. Micro for micro.

I think the return of a longer barrage would be acceptable

and yes it should be a separate ability "long range but also longer cooldown or higher scatter"
28 Aug 2020, 06:47 AM

I better not see people crying about OP packhowits here in the future.

There are already other threads about the pack howi in which we all agree the unit is OP, not for it's range though.
1 Sep 2020, 06:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2020, 12:24 PMmadin2

you mean..like the Pack howie which work exactly you describe here? this think is insane.

and he talk about barrage. not the autofire modus
1 Sep 2020, 14:50 PM

that is my main goal , keeping this fragile unit alive to the late-game not just to be a smoke maker unit

and yes it should be a separate ability "long range but also longer cooldown or higher scatter"

Meh. You already got the thing to vet 3 I don't se any issue with it being better as a barrage only tool. It makes its ceiling higher without raising the floor. Rewards good management
2 Sep 2020, 03:23 AM

+33% barrage range

Don’t mind them they only see what they want to see
And they want to see red
2 Sep 2020, 12:54 PM

+33 barrage range seems reasonable.

It still requires micro.

It helps with high veterancy vs new mortar squads survival

It makes some vet3 mortars more useful for rather tight situations, the ideal scenario for fully vetted units.

It should be taken account of the barrage dispersion and aoe though, because if you increase the barrage range it will also increase the spread and that means the barrage will be close to useless with the current settings
3 Sep 2020, 14:44 PM

+ 10% would be enought to give vetted units a real benefit.
4 Sep 2020, 18:49 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Mortars are really on the weaker side of performance improvement between vet 0 and vet 3 units. So i wouldn't mind a BARRAGE range improvement at that point.

On a somehow unrelated kind of buff to mortars what if:

-Vet 3 mortars instead got a -20% dmg modifier making them a bit more resistant to late game rocket artillery/heavy indirect fire. Similar to Grenadiers.

Or

-Mortars still require 2 guys to operate but they won't no longer decrew when at 1 man.
5 Sep 2020, 02:21 AM

Just give it to the Ost and Soviet mortars. The US don't need it since they have the pak howy. Not to mention their mortar is in the HQ
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS