Login

russian armor

Lend Lease Assault Regiment More Proper Setup

29 Aug 2020, 04:54 AM

Permanently Banned
Ah screw it. Is it even possible to delete threads?
29 Aug 2020, 08:25 AM

Mobile forward reinforcement (which works in enemy territory too!), 2 new units with smoke and vehicle self repair, basicly you can have a near permanent frontline presence. In my book this doctrine is quite viable for larger team games too.
29 Aug 2020, 11:03 AM

The M10 TD is a lackluster unit, with its purpose just as easily done by the Firefly or AEC Armored Car. Surely, at least it needs to be replaced with a comparable unit or ability.

Hardly. The AEC is a light vehicle, with the low penetration and health that implies. You don't build them past the midgame.

The Firefly is a 140ish fuel, slow-firing, slow-turning, brittle long range sniper tank. The M10 is a fast, 90 FU anti-tank brawler that's deliberately tuned up statwise so it can compete with the Jackson.

Sure, if you like laney atrrition-based teamgames then a tank based around speed and flanking isn't going to impress you much. But in 1v1, this thing's great.
30 Aug 2020, 01:57 AM

Permanently Banned
Go ahead Hannibal. LOCK ALL MY THREADS AND BAN ME FROM COH2 MULTIPLAYER BECUASE YOU ARE JUST AS TOXIC AS A LOT OF THE COMMUNITY! WHAT NEXT? ME THREATENING THE COMMUNITY AT GUNPOINT?
30 Aug 2020, 02:31 AM

I don't know, maybe? I think you should be banned from the forum at least, because that's just weird af.
30 Aug 2020, 07:15 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Go ahead Hannibal. LOCK ALL MY THREADS AND BAN ME FROM COH2 MULTIPLAYER BECUASE YOU ARE JUST AS TOXIC AS A LOT OF THE COMMUNITY! WHAT NEXT? ME THREATENING THE COMMUNITY AT GUNPOINT?

Or, you know, just follow the site rules like 99% of this forum's members somehow manage to do. Funnily enough I did not have anything to do with the most recent locks/invises because you were necroing and defaming.

Although this post is usually a clear invis, I'll leave it up for the rest of the community to make up their minds. As well as this thread

https://www.coh2.org/topic/106408/cache-costs/page/1#post_id832884

That you just edited today to insult even further.
1 Sep 2020, 16:26 PM

And despite all the time since then it's still an awful idea as it brings nothing at all to the faction except a slightly different cromwell. It doesn't allow alternative teching, it doesn't give more anything except overlap.

Then the logical alternative would be to allow the dozer upgrade for the M4A3 or add the 76mm Sherman instead. That being said I don't see how the M4A3 is the samething as the Cromwell. The M4A3 has the AP/HE shells, a .50 cal, seems like a much better tank.
1 Sep 2020, 17:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2020, 16:26 PMCODGUY

Then the logical alternative would be to allow the dozer upgrade for the M4A3 or add the 76mm Sherman instead. That being said I don't see how the M4A3 is the samething as the Cromwell. The M4A3 has the AP/HE shells, a .50 cal, seems like a much better tank.

Doctrinal units shouldn't be straight up better replacements. That's shitty design. The Sherman and cromwell are quite alike but the Sherman is frankly better because of the reasons you mentioned. This is OK being in another faction due to faction differences but slapping it in where it would straight up replace and make a core unit obsolete is undesirable.
There is no instance in the game where a doctrinal unit is a straight up by every metric better version of the core unit for the same price. All tanks either offer something different or a different cost/performance ratio. All infantry either fills a different role or if they fill a similar role they do so with trade offs. The Sherman would be a flat out better cromwell where now the m10 offers an alternative to what some call a Brit issue, a slow, expensive TD. it's not flashy but it's a GOOD design. A Sherman would not be.
1 Sep 2020, 19:03 PM

Doctrinal units shouldn't be straight up better replacements. That's shitty design. The Sherman and cromwell are quite alike but the Sherman is frankly better because of the reasons you mentioned. This is OK being in another faction due to faction differences but slapping it in where it would straight up replace and make a core unit obsolete is undesirable.
There is no instance in the game where a doctrinal unit is a straight up by every metric better version of the core unit for the same price. All tanks either offer something different or a different cost/performance ratio. All infantry either fills a different role or if they fill a similar role they do so with trade offs. The Sherman would be a flat out better cromwell where now the m10 offers an alternative to what some call a Brit issue, a slow, expensive TD. it's not flashy but it's a GOOD design. A Sherman would not be.

IDK pfusies are kind of just an upgrade past the first couple engagements over volks.
1 Sep 2020, 19:33 PM

IDK pfusies are kind of just an upgrade past the first couple engagements over volks.

Even then though you have some reason to build volks as they can build and burn cover as well as being cheaper. They are overshadowed for sure, but not completely replacable.
But even at that id argue that there's a bit too much overlap

To the point:
If you had an m4 and a cromwell available at the exact same time for the same price would you ever build a cromwell?
1 Sep 2020, 22:27 PM

It have to do more with in general bad OKW tech tree and volks being frontline inf without properly being one, against anything but cons.

Same way Fallshimjaegers or JLI is better then obersts, not because of their perfomance, but because Obests are just arrive too late to make an bigger impact which Fallsh or JLI can do.
2 Sep 2020, 02:23 AM

It have to do more with in general bad OKW tech tree and volks being frontline inf without properly being one, against anything but cons.

Same way Fallshimjaegers or JLI is better then obersts, not because of their perfomance, but because Obests are just arrive too late to make an bigger impact which Fallsh or JLI can do.

I mean sure but the point I was making still stands. Pfusies are a straight upgrade over volks in every way except certain types of utility.
2 Sep 2020, 02:43 AM

I mean sure but the point I was making still stands. Pfusies are a straight upgrade over volks in every way except certain types of utility.

But they ARE more expensive and still don't COMPLETELY overlap.
Cromwell and Sherman are the same price, but Sherman is flat out better and can do everything the cromwell can, including smoke without even requiring vet.

SOME reason to pick a unit over another is better than none whatsoever.
But you have a point in that the fussie/volk dynamic might need more attention.
2 Sep 2020, 02:59 AM

Pf are upgrade because of how volks are presented in the meta. If snare was awaible after track arrival, if over-all damage and scaling was better for volks and their match up vs other mainline inf, it would have been debatable.

But as it is right now, yes. Because PF provide you with snares, better upgradable weapons and better scaling.

Thats is the point, if balance is working correctly then call-ins should be an optional, debatable chose which gives you more ways to play with the faction, when core units or faction is not working properly, then we have meta\no-brainer\pick-or-lose commanders and call-ins. Either that or its elite armor on release.

2 Sep 2020, 17:22 PM

Pf are upgrade because of how volks are presented in the meta. If snare was awaible after track arrival, if over-all damage and scaling was better for volks and their match up vs other mainline inf, it would have been debatable.

But as it is right now, yes. Because PF provide you with snares, better upgradable weapons and better scaling.

Thats is the point, if balance is working correctly then call-ins should be an optional, debatable chose which gives you more ways to play with the faction, when core units or faction is not working properly, then we have meta\no-brainer\pick-or-lose commanders and call-ins. Either that or its elite armor on release.

The issue is that okw has 3 inf units stock. And their strenghts or roles need to be devided.

Volks imo work fine in the faction. They are cheap and durable enough and act as basic rifles build and deney cover snare etc. You cant have them going around being at fully upgraded rifle and section level when they are cheap to upgrade and field. you have elite obers down the line as well.

14 Sep 2020, 22:01 PM

Permanently Banned
JUST DELETE THIS THREAD. IT'S GOING NOWHERE.
14 Sep 2020, 22:04 PM

JUST DELETE THIS THREAD. IT'S GOING NOWHERE.

weren't you banned ? ...

the mods really need to start reconsidering who they unban and who not ...

This thread was dead anyways, no point in necroing
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS