Login

russian armor

Penal Spam

20 Aug 2020, 08:43 AM

Guys what is your pref tactic against Penal Spam Early?

For example 3 Penal Squads slowly shooting down your volks from cover and advancing?
or 2 penals + sniper

My best option is Bgroup and early FLAK + 1 pak.

But the problem begins when his T70 hits the field and one of the penals get anti tank rifle.

How do you tackle the situation?
20 Aug 2020, 11:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2020, 08:43 AMLemethy
Guys what is your pref tactic against Penal Spam Early?

For example 3 Penal Squads slowly shooting down your volks from cover and advancing?
or 2 penals + sniper

My best option is Bgroup and early FLAK + 1 pak.

But the problem begins when his T70 hits the field and one of the penals get anti tank rifle.

How do you tackle the situation?

- flak HT is good call as you said
- use sandbags with volks
- try to keep the volks and sturms in proximity of each other
- 221 scout car can be good too

PTRS penals cant do much vs flak HT when you have volks nearby that provide support and vision.

When the T70 is here and you dont have puma, it's the best to just focus on one part/half of the map and ignore the others until p4 is out. Keep your army close together. If an inf squad captures far territory completely alone and the T70 shows up it's a dead squad.

Oh and try to make sure you have 1 raketen
21 Aug 2020, 07:06 AM

- flak HT is good call as you said
- use sandbags with volks
- try to keep the volks and sturms in proximity of each other
- 221 scout car can be good too

PTRS penals cant do much vs flak HT when you have volks nearby that provide support and vision.

When the T70 is here and you dont have puma, it's the best to just focus on one part/half of the map and ignore the others until p4 is out. Keep your army close together. If an inf squad captures far territory completely alone and the T70 shows up it's a dead squad.

Oh and try to make sure you have 1 raketen

Yep, this is what I usually do, I guess you need to buy time and try to bleed the penals as much as you can before T70 comes to ruin you day :)
22 Aug 2020, 06:49 AM

As stated above, Flaktrack is okay.

I always try to engage in unfair engagements 2v1 Strums vs. Penals; 2v1 Volks STG vs. Penals, even one Strum and Kubel properly microed gives you an oppurtunity to force a retreat.

Squad wiping is great, but forcing a retreat is just as good. Get that munition advantage early on and get to your Puma/Luchs/Flaktrack.

With OKW, unit preservation is a big, big deal. Extremely big deal. Especially your starting strum 1v1.
23 Aug 2020, 07:11 AM

As stated above, Flaktrack is okay.

I always try to engage in unfair engagements 2v1 Strums vs. Penals; 2v1 Volks STG vs. Penals, even one Strum and Kubel properly microed gives you an oppurtunity to force a retreat.

Squad wiping is great, but forcing a retreat is just as good. Get that munition advantage early on and get to your Puma/Luchs/Flaktrack.

With OKW, unit preservation is a big, big deal. Extremely big deal. Especially your starting strum 1v1.

I agree here

I usually skip Kubel and go one more volk instead, I think the kubel is totally worthless especially in 2v2. I can understand its uses in 1v1 thou.

Yes unit preservation is really important with Okw, and also the hardest part. I usully rather skip an engagement and fleerather than loose models sometimes :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 44
Germany 30
Germany 305

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak