Login

russian armor

Why is the OKW artillery bugged?

17 Aug 2020, 18:05 PM

Am I just too dumb to use it, or is the vet 5 ability bugged? I just can't aim on vehicles with it. If it's me, what do I have to do?
17 Aug 2020, 18:45 PM

I tested it a while ago for a vehicle in sight range and it got the (stunning) shot off fine, was the target in the fog of war? If so it might have lost tracking.
17 Aug 2020, 20:37 PM

I tested it a while ago for a vehicle in sight range and it got the (stunning) shot off fine, was the target in the fog of war? If so it might have lost tracking.

Is the range lower than without the ability? It just says that it cant be used on that target. It was visible. Never worked for me though.
18 Aug 2020, 00:24 AM

Is the range lower than without the ability? It just says that it cant be used on that target. It was visible. Never worked for me though.

The ability doesn't actually target a vehicle, but a location within range. Said range is actually extremely short but marked out by the dotted circle perimeter on the other side of the fence, as you can see in this picture.

Attempting to target anything outside this circle will just give you an error message, as they are outside the range.

All in all the direct fire's basically a flavour/gimmick ability at this point, with a short stun and it's barely even 1/3 of a med tank's hp. If they're that close your LEFH is dead anyway. Might as well try to blow them up on approach as you can target anything outside the direct fire range (but inside normal barrage range)

EDIT: And yes all the trucks died in this testing.
MMX
18 Aug 2020, 01:54 AM

iirc the range is capped at 100 (?); not bad but noticably shorter than that of the regular barrage.
it also needs to be targeted (obviously) at an enemy vehicle in order to work and may even require direct line of sight, though i'm not sure on the latter.
never even got close to being able to use direct fire in a live game so far, but i remember testing the ability in cheatmod a while ago and it seemed to work as intended.
18 Aug 2020, 08:01 AM

there is very little use for this abilty. the unit would be better of with a passive heal of the crew
18 Aug 2020, 08:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2020, 08:01 AMVipper
there is very little use for this abilty. the unit would be better of with a passive heal of the crew

Unit would be better off with a brace ability, like all statics. Just a 10 muni, 5 seconds immortality with 45 sec. cooldown.
18 Aug 2020, 10:49 AM

The ability doesn't actually target a vehicle, but a location within range. Said range is actually extremely short but marked out by the dotted circle perimeter on the other side of the fence, as you can see in this picture.

Attempting to target anything outside this circle will just give you an error message, as they are outside the range.

All in all the direct fire's basically a flavour/gimmick ability at this point, with a short stun and it's barely even 1/3 of a med tank's hp. If they're that close your LEFH is dead anyway. Might as well try to blow them up on approach as you can target anything outside the direct fire range (but inside normal barrage range)

EDIT: And yes all the trucks died in this testing.

Thank you very much, that is, what I needed. Well then that's a real joke. Not that it's a surprise with all that balance though.
18 Aug 2020, 11:03 AM

I still say okw lefh and pak 43 should get self reinforcement (costs muni instead of manpower) and self heal with veterancy instead, while the other 3 vet bonuses are identical to ostheer's.

(ank flak emplacement would be no longer decrewable, base flaks included)
18 Aug 2020, 12:58 PM

Thank you very much, that is, what I needed. Well then that's a real joke. Not that it's a surprise with all that balance though.

You're welcome. And yeah OKW vet IV/V was nerfed a while back after they got their fuel/muni income normalised. A few essentially escaped it like the Kubel but no one's threatened late game by a vet V kubel.
18 Aug 2020, 13:30 PM

This ability is never used. From no one ...except from someone which want to find out what it does.
18 Aug 2020, 15:52 PM

This ability is never used. From no one ...except from someone which want to find out what it does.

If you ever get a LEFH to vet 5 , then the enemy is doing something wrong anyway
19 Aug 2020, 09:05 AM

If you ever get a LEFH to vet 5 , then the enemy is doing something wrong anyway

You mean how on most maps LeFH can be put to base and still shell pretty close to your base? And 100% that it can shell from the base to all the VPs and a bit beyond (killing teams). In those terms, it's not hard to get LeFH to vet5
19 Aug 2020, 13:50 PM

You mean how on most maps LeFH can be put to base and still shell pretty close to your base?
And 100% that it can shell from the base to all the VPs and a bit beyond (killing teams). In those terms, it's not hard to get LeFH to vet5

Maybe play some axis first and then tell me again how easy it is to get a LeFH to Vet 5.

If the enemy is even a half decent player he will usually take care of your arty if it causes big trouble to him. And if your LeFH gets to Vet 5 then it will have caused very big trouble along the way. There are so many options to take care of static, non embraceable weapons like the LeFH. Bombing runs are the easiest and most chosen ( on my rank ) of them.

So again. Play some axis first and then reconsider if it really easy to get one to Vet 5.
19 Aug 2020, 15:58 PM

Maybe play some axis first and then tell me again how easy it is to get a LeFH to Vet 5.

If the enemy is even a half decent player he will usually take care of your arty if it causes big trouble to him. And if your LeFH gets to Vet 5 then it will have caused very big trouble along the way. There are so many options to take care of static, non embraceable weapons like the LeFH. Bombing runs are the easiest and most chosen ( on my rank ) of them.

So again. Play some axis first and then reconsider if it really easy to get one to Vet 5.

I didn't know you can call offmap arty onto enemy base.
19 Aug 2020, 16:06 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I didn't know you can call offmap arty onto enemy base.

You can't. Just like you can't build the LeFH in your base.
19 Aug 2020, 17:26 PM

You can't. Just like you can't build the LeFH in your base.

Isn't OKW build-able due to the fact that (same as Soviet) the buildings from OST teammate will extend the base sector and there will be a buffer where you can place, right at the edge? I used to do that with static ML arty
19 Aug 2020, 17:34 PM

Isn't OKW build-able due to the fact that (same as Soviet) the buildings from OST teammate will extend the base sector and there will be a buffer where you can place, right at the edge? I used to do that with static ML arty

If it's outside the base, you can drop stuff on it. And it only can be build outside of the base. And yes, it's very rare to have a vet5 arty.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★