Login

russian armor

Announcements for doctrinal units?

11 Aug 2020, 17:05 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Hi fellow modmakers,

Voicelines are a mystery to me for a long time. Recently I am trying to understand how they work and eventually how to fix an issue in my mod. I started with extracting the Sound.sga.

The issue:
For example when you call-in a IS-2 from the commander ability you hear an announcement.
I found that all announcements for soviet doctrinal units are located here, where the keyword in the ability is 'is2':
speech\mp\soviet\int\intel\playerability\sb_int_apl_is2gen_nt_l

However, when you construct the IS-2 from a building, it is not announced.
I also found that all vanilla units use their own sound from:
speech\mp\soviet\int\intel\unitcreated. This directory does not contain sounds for doctrinal units, so the keyword 'is2' will have no results.

> So my question is how do I play the sound from the playerability directory instead of the unitcreated directory when the unit is spawned from a structure?

As a workaround I tried to use sound_action, but it plays through other voicelines. The speech_action seems to have no access to the sounds I need.

Any help is appreciated.
12 Aug 2020, 03:48 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I did some testing, this may be a work around. Global recharges can be announced like the Ostheer Artillery Officer's Smoke Barrage. Clone it, adjusted it, then make the recharge 1 second. Automatic 'Initial' recharges do not announced but a victor target can force a recharge. Give the IS 2 the 'sound' ability. Give it a victor target for the 'sound' ability so one second after it spawn it will announced a recharge voice line of the IS 2 call in ability.
12 Aug 2020, 18:32 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I did some testing, this may be a work around. Global recharges can be announced like the Ostheer Artillery Officer's Smoke Barrage. Clone it, adjusted it, then make the recharge 1 second. Automatic 'Initial' recharges do not announced but a victor target can force a recharge. Give the IS 2 the 'sound' ability. Give it a victor target for the 'sound' ability so one second after it spawn it will announced a recharge voice line of the IS 2 call in ability.

Thanks, that is a smart idea. I will experiment with it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★