Login

russian armor

Theoretical Goliath Design

7 Aug 2020, 22:00 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

A theoretical ability design for the Goliath rather than a standalone unit. This would change the unit from a self-propelled demo charge to a self-propelled grenade. I was curious if it was possible and here it is.

please ignore the bug where they are shooting the marker which is easy to fix and the video quality was not the greatest either.
8 Aug 2020, 07:14 AM

Very interesting concept! Very authentic too, since Golaith's were wire controlled vehicles it makes sense that the controlling unit or vehicle would have to be nearby.

9 Aug 2020, 11:37 AM

Great idea :)
10 Aug 2020, 00:48 AM

This is one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen
10 Aug 2020, 07:54 AM

Actually I think (with Eagions skills) the Goliath could become a team-weapon with a 3-man crew (1-man needed to crew the team-weapon). The crew would move with the goliath all bunched up (close formation like an HMG team). The goliath would be deactive (non detonateable), when you want to detonate the Goliath the player has to toggle deploy the goliath which makes the crew immobile and the Goliath mobile for "x range".

This is more of an realism mod kind of thingy, I actually like having the goliath as mobile unit.
10 Aug 2020, 16:38 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Actually I think (with Eagions skills) the Goliath could become a team-weapon with a 3-man crew (1-man needed to crew the team-weapon). The crew would move with the goliath all bunched up (close formation like an HMG team). The goliath would be deactive (non detonateable), when you want to detonate the Goliath the player has to toggle deploy the goliath which makes the crew immobile and the Goliath mobile for "x range".

This is more of an realism mod kind of thingy, I actually like having the goliath as mobile unit.

I tried this idea for a bit. The game can get a bit buggy with using team weapons. There are of course no crew markers for the Goliath. Lets take the MG42 for example. If you remove the crew roles actually man the MG the squad will treat the MG as its own model like showing 5 instead of 4 in the decorator. If that model goes down, reinforcing also bugs out. For making the 'crew' stationary and Goliath free movement. I do not see a way to tether a unit like this. Maybe a movement speed aura if it goes out of range but either it would come to a dead stop and can not come back or it can still creep away.

With small variations to the previous showing. This is the outcome.

The Goliath is apart of the squad. Once the order is given it will charge and detonate. Pathing could be adjusted with better turn rates. The Goliath can be reinforced by any reinforce point, for munitions of course. The unit can still retreat though I may need to relook at the speed/posture modifiers for this unit because the Goliath does lag behind. If you want to take a closer look at the two abilities, My mod has been updated. The Goliath from the vehicle is available to the opel blitz with the Feursturm doctrine and the Goliath squad is available to the Overwatch Doctrine. I am expecting a lot of bugs, primarily if there are two Goliath on the field.

Technician terms

10 Aug 2020, 16:58 PM

I tried this idea for a bit. The game can get a bit buggy with using team weapons. There are of course no crew markers for the Goliath. Lets take the MG42 for example. If you remove the crew roles actually man the MG the squad will treat the MG as its own model like showing 5 instead of 4 in the decorator. If that model goes down, reinforcing also bugs out. For making the 'crew' stationary and Goliath free movement. I do not see a way to tether a unit like this. Maybe a movement speed aura if it goes out of range but either it would come to a dead stop and can not come back or it can still creep away.

With small variations to the previous showing. This is the outcome.

The Goliath is apart of the squad. Once the order is given it will charge and detonate. Pathing could be adjusted with better turn rates. The Goliath can be reinforced by any reinforce point, for munitions of course. The unit can still retreat though I may need to relook at the speed/posture modifiers for this unit because the Goliath does lag behind. If you want to take a closer look at the two abilities, My mod has been updated. The Goliath from the vehicle is available to the opel blitz with the Feursturm doctrine and the Goliath squad is available to the Overwatch Doctrine. I am expecting a lot of bugs, primarily if there are two Goliath on the field.

Technician terms

That looks jank as fuck but boy do I love it, much more than the current implementation. I suppose any bugs could be "fixed" by limiting it to one squad, but that should always be a last resort or left to specific units like Officers. What happens if you delete all members except the Goliath, does it become recrew-able or is that not easy/possible to do with the toolset?
10 Aug 2020, 17:35 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

That looks jank as fuck but boy do I love it, much more than the current implementation. I suppose any bugs could be "fixed" by limiting it to one squad, but that should always be a last resort or left to specific units like Officers. What happens if you delete all members except the Goliath, does it become recrew-able or is that not easy/possible to do with the toolset?

It would still be in a squad if the Goliath was by itself. Still able to retreat or 'charge.' In order for it be abandoned like a team weapons, nothing can fill a 'role.' Actual weapon teams has markers to attach two models while the Goliath has none. If I were to make it have an unspecified role it does not work. I will play around with it some more.
11 Aug 2020, 10:24 AM

snip

This looks really cool. It'll be more situational than the Goliath is atm (which is already somewhat situational), but this is more how a Goliath would be used in ww2.

Don't know if you thought about it; but can you force the other squad members to plant a demo charge while the Goliath is sent? - without actually planting a demo charge but only to activate the animation. That would make them immobile.

Small detail; I would reduce the squad size to 3 (2 man + goliath) if it was to keep this set up.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS