Jli are great (to me)
Hetzers are... So so.
221/3 is certainly lacking in firepower but has great resource potential but eats pop. So meh / ok?
Opel is great in 4v4.
No aoe heals please no more shitty blob food abilities. Just give them base medics like the soviet at a similar cost. If players want to use the forward retreat they will need to build medics at that truck as well.
Dont you think it will make battlegroup even more useless in 1v1\2v2 if you dont need IGs badly. In 3v3 and on somemakes Battlegroup can give you forward reinforcements, while on some 2v2 and on all 1v1 maps, you can unitilise neither forward reinforcement or retreat point.
Heals from HQ and battlegroup should be different. With battlegroup being supperior.
1) So rephrase the weakness of USF in this regard. In 1v1s where USF players select a non calliope doctrine, they will not have a rocket artillery barrage if they need it.
SPECIFICALLY arranged teams give you the option of taking soviets as a teammate which does remove this weakness. The weakness being not having the ability to support troops with a rocket barrage.
3) The stats on each unit do not change, but the strategies and tactics do and some units are weaker when utilizing certain strategies then others.
IMO both trucks (mech, battlegroup) should have two tech levels and both should offer the same non mutually exclusive upgrades - medics and repair bots.
I don't play this version of EZ mode very often because it's so boringly simple. But it is funny to see the Axis circle jerk with people complaining that the one faction with every crutch in the book is some how underpowered lol.
that would be a surefire recipe to kill even the last incentive to go battlegroup over mechanized.
I get the feeling that you don't play very much Axis at all because you're busy losing your pershings to a pg squad
I play mostly OKW in 2v2 with a friend.
Here is my issues:
1. No reliable counter to a sniper early game.
2. The linear techroutes. Its like a gambling for OKW. 50% chance you choose the right path. And you need to choose quick or else you will be late in your build order.
3. No indirect fire options early game. You need to choose a techroute to get this.
4. You rely heavy on your mainline infantry early. And YOU need to put your men behind sandbags or you die. The early mg option has been removed a long time ago why? okw mg is shitty anyways.
5. P4 timing is bad even when you rush it. The timings in general is bad for okw except Stuka and Puma.
6. The King Tiger is overnerfed. The problem with this is that the balance team has removed alot of the strong points with OKW. They had weaker early game but strong lategame. Now its weaker early game and ok late game.
7. The panther is a joke. Its like the gunner is constantly drunk, and you need to press S each time it shall shoot when its a hit and run tank. Its so overnerfed that when i see people try panther rushes I always sigh...
But well some positives about OKW
1. Intresting Tanks, the Jagdpanzer is a good tank in my opinion.
2. Jagdtiger can be a beast in the right hands and with a good teammate.
3. The Flare in spec ops is VERY strong combined with elephant = VERY NICE
4. PFussies is a very good unit when upgraded. THE FLARE IS AWESOME combined with Jagd
5. Obers is obers!
#1 Kubel works very early on, but you need to get lucky. Flak track and Luchs work alright in scaring it away. I don't think snipers are too big of an issue, although maybe Kubel could get a damage buff vs snipers to make it more useful.
#2 That's the way OkW was designed, and I like it this way. You're have limited options, but you're very good at what you have.
#3 Agree, although I think it should be like this.
#4 Agreed. Volks have a short power spike with stgs, but every other point in the game, they are behind. If you lose your vetted volks late game, you have to make obers to replace them, but you also lose your snare. Fusiliers are great, but are awful early game.
#5 Can't say much on this point.
#6 Again, can't say much on this.
#7 Use panzer commanders.
1. The problem is not the Kubel, the problem is that you need to sacrifice 210 manpower for a unit that needs babysitting and that doesnt have anything no dmg, no vision, no impact, I remember when it could pin, that was kinda op. But I think we need to compensate the squishiness with some dps increase against snipers as you said. The luchs puma and flak is all good against sniper. The problem is the very early game, if you face a competent player, the sniper will bleed you and your mainline inf will have an even harder time against their mainline becouse VOLKS is unreliable and rly bad. But I guess its just me.
2. I think the techroute design is aswell. But the problem is the quality of the techroutes, not the design. Bgroup is rly bad, I think we need to have something that replaces the IR Truck. Maybe the hetszer? but nerfed in armor or more expensive? or locked behind an upgrade like the Panzer auth but cheaper.
3. Why? All other factions has tier 0 mortars? Its like when you see an okw go Mortar you instantly know his buildorder.
4. And why no T0 Mg 34? why is that OP? why not look an mg 34 in a commander? or something. Like the old Luftwaffe doctrin.
7. Why does this solve the problem?
What. Trading 210mp to kill 360 is a unit that does nothing? I'm no math mathematician but I'm pretty sure if your kuble kills the sniper then spontaneously combusts immediately after you come out ahead.... Roughly 150mp ahead, which is closer to a whole 'nother kuble than not... And even if it DOESN'T immediately explode, if memory serves it can be repaired for free meaning it wins any bleed trade that it doesn't explode. And even if you are to afraid of your ability to micro it you can still use it to harass points with its speed and cap rate. And even THEN if you are not up to that you can park the kuble NEAR a fight and it'll vet up and get you map hax....
Its more trading 210mp for a chance to knock out 360mp.
That's about as good a trade ratio as you can get in coh2 frankly
Its a good trade ratio under the assumption it's successful, but there's the question of how likely is it to succeed.
Another example of a dive might be diving a USF base with a panzer 4 to snipe the ambo. You are potentially trading 120 fuel for 10 fuel, but the risk associated is much lower because the panzer 4 only needs to get one shot off, is far more durable then the kubel and that you know exactly where the ambo is at basically all times.