Login

russian armor

Rifle grenade=dodge BUT allied grenade=MP bleed

3 Aug 2020, 04:00 AM

Just me or anyone else notice allied grenades are much more effective?
3 Aug 2020, 05:00 AM

Which one? The rifleman nade is super long fuse, and rarely gotten (mostly it activates smoke on officers). The tommy nade is much more effective (its a rifleman nade with shorter fuse). The bundle nade/light gammon bomb is nasty.

Pfusilier nade isnt bad, flame nade is quite good.

The rifle grenade is REALLY good when multiple combats are happening at once.

All nades have a use case, and most are different.
3 Aug 2020, 05:29 AM

Its more that allied nades are not used as much as axis nades. As soviet you need doctrines for them. As usf/ukf you need to specificly tech for them, wich few people do. Thus they are not as comenly used as axis nades.
And their lies the real problem imo.
As playing axis people are not used to dodge nades as much as when playing as allies.

But man o man the allied op, allied>axis axis up, everything is greener on the allied side of the fence gang is going full force nowadays.
3 Aug 2020, 06:37 AM

Tommy nades are super effective since they are pretty cheap and have big boom
3 Aug 2020, 06:45 AM

Have you tried dodging them?

Only commandos and shocks have on pair nades.
3 Aug 2020, 11:01 AM

https://coh2db.com/stats/# showed us that USF/UKF nades have better AOE ( 4 against 3) and have a better damage profile and "80 DMG distance=1", I don't really understand how this last one work, but I think it just allow the nade to do full damage (80=kill any model).

This is logical of the rifle nade to be weaker, but the panzerfusilier nade have the same profile without any other pro.
3 Aug 2020, 11:39 AM

Assuming OP is talking about rifle grenades for Grens.

Opponents get a verbal and a wind up animation. So unless their attention is drawn elsewhere, its fairly easy to dodge.

Compared to the conscript grenade, both vocal and long wind up, I feel conscript molotov is more useful, particulary against emplaced/crew weapons.

One wonders why the decision was made for Wehrmacht to use rifle grenades. I imagine grenadiers historically used Model 24 stick grenades much more.
3 Aug 2020, 12:02 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

https://coh2db.com/stats/# showed us that USF/UKF nades have better AOE ( 4 against 3) and have a better damage profile and "80 DMG distance=1", I don't really understand how this last one work, but I think it just allow the nade to do full damage (80=kill any model).

This is logical of the rifle nade to be weaker, but the panzerfusilier nade have the same profile without any other pro.

It means that within 1 meter of the impact, 80 damage will be applied and therefore infantry models will be killed.

Riflenades trade range for power, that's basically it.
3 Aug 2020, 15:02 PM

The Panzerfusilier grenade has a profile similar to other grenades now. The only small difference is that it still has 3 AOE radius rather than 4 (that the Mk.II or Mills Bomb have) which causes it to deal a tiny bit less damage (20-0) on the edges. Nevertheless it's a good grenade now especially considering G43 Panzerfusiliers are some of the most effective mainline infantry already anyway.
3 Aug 2020, 16:48 PM

To be honest I don't think that question makes any sense at all. Which nades are you comparing?

The rifle nade is the only one you mention specifically, and it's plenty good enough. Especially since the animation/sound can still bug out leaving zero time to react
3 Aug 2020, 17:23 PM

Gren rifle-nade is hit and miss, and requires luck and skill, to predict where enemy is moving at distance is harder to nail down, but once enemy knows you are firing the nade, a miniscule shift away from strikezone is all it takes to make the rifle-nade null and void.

The RNG of the rifle-nade never stops to puzzle me, sometimes i get impossible wipes, sometimes a direct hit and not a single model drop.
what is the cooldown for rifle-nade and the other standard allied nades?
4 Aug 2020, 03:29 AM

IF use Stats Website use this https://coh2.serealia.ca/ coh2db is outdate

4 Aug 2020, 03:42 AM

Ugh no...

The whole rifle genade vs pineapple or mills bomb has been a joke for as long as I've played this game, probably longer.

The rifle grenade is better (surprise! surprise!) Which isn't in and of itself bad, but when you factor in that it's the same munitions cost to use as the garbage allied grenades and you don't have to waste fuel and MP just to unlock the damn thing it's a joke. A sad one at that. The stupid "cooked" grenades aren't any better, but at least you aren't paying extra to unlock underpreforming garbage.

And then there are the stick grenades, no Ass(hole) Grens can't just throw one, it has to be like 5 or 6 at once so they wipe everyone or guarantee a retreat.
4 Aug 2020, 05:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2020, 03:42 AMCODGUY
And then there are the stick grenades, no Ass(hole) Grens can't just throw one, it has to be like 5 or 6 at once so they wipe everyone or guarantee a retreat.

The stick grenades they throw deal half damage and have massive scatter because it's a saturation attack.
4 Aug 2020, 07:09 AM

Ugh no...

The whole rifle genade vs pineapple or mills bomb has been a joke for as long as I've played this game, probably longer.

The rifle grenade is better (surprise! surprise!) Which isn't in and of itself bad, but when you factor in that it's the same munitions cost to use as the garbage allied grenades and you don't have to waste fuel and MP just to unlock the damn thing it's a joke. A sad one at that. The stupid "cooked" grenades aren't any better, but at least you aren't paying extra to unlock underpreforming garbage.

gotta respect your consistent, shameless usf fanboyism at this point
4 Aug 2020, 07:57 AM

Ugh no...

have to waste fuel and MP just to unlock the damn thing it's a joke.

LOL. Ost has to pay more for tech and buildings.
4 Aug 2020, 11:07 AM

The topic is good, but has a very bad introduction ^^

Grenades arn't designed very logical, e.g. M24 Grenade of PnzF. should have more range than miles, while having less AOE (which it has). Simply to make them logical. If they shoulnd't have more range, replace them with an egg-grenade and rename the ability.

All over, grenades could get some love to fix special roles.
4 Aug 2020, 11:31 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

LOL. Ost has to pay more for tech and buildings.

Fuel wise all factions are pretty much the same, MP wise they differ but not by too much.
4 Aug 2020, 14:38 PM

Fuel wise all factions are pretty much the same, MP wise they differ but not by too much.

Compared vs USA, Ost has to waste time building structures, and USA gets 'free' units as part of the tech up.

All Im trying to say is the factions are totally different and just because one gets free nade/snare as part of building their T1 building, doesnt mean others should (they get other bonuses instead).
4 Aug 2020, 14:55 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Compared vs USA, Ost has to waste time building structures, and USA gets 'free' units as part of the tech up.

All Im trying to say is the factions are totally different and just because one gets free nade/snare as part of building their T1 building, doesnt mean others should (they get other bonuses instead).

The special USF structure is a different topic, but I just recommend you (and also Codguy who once again made this claim) to add up the costs for each faction.

No one is paying that much more than another faction. There is no "free" nade/snare/weapon upgrade, because for Axis this is priced into the teching, whereas Allied factions usually have side techs. These differences are good and part of the faction flavor, but overall factions pay pretty much the same in resources.

Interestingly however I have not heard yet that all factions except OST and UKF get a free fifth (and sixth) man because UKF has to pay for bolster. :snfPeter:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS