Login

russian armor

M4A3 76mm Sherman V E8 Sherman

29 Jul 2020, 06:16 AM

So then you run into the issue where a Panther loses up close to an E8 and loses at range to a Jackson so you basically can not use any armour if the enemy fields both an E8 and a Jackson. so gg?

If we consider a Jackson - reworked E8 versus 2 panther scenario, I don’t think this would be the case, as it would still be about positioning, just the optimal positions would be different.

The USF player would want to whittle down the panthers at max range with his Jackson, while the E8 protects it from dives. If the USF player messes up with the Jackson, the Ost player can just dive past the E8 and kill the Jackson, or if he messes up with the E8 the panthers can snipe it and the Jackson won’t have the dps to kill the panthers before the E8 dies.

Conversely, if the USF player plays well, he can whittle down a panther with his Jackson and then dive it with the E8, killing the panther, or if the panthers dive and he keeps the Jackson at max range while microing the E8 to point blank, he can also kill the panthers.

So there are ways for each side to win
29 Jul 2020, 07:40 AM

So then you run into the issue where a Panther loses up close to an E8 and loses at range to a Jackson so you basically can not use any armour if the enemy fields both an E8 and a Jackson. so gg?

JP4 beats both.
Just a reminder.
29 Jul 2020, 11:16 AM

If we consider a Jackson - reworked E8 versus 2 panther scenario, I don’t think this would be the case, as it would still be about positioning, just the optimal positions would be different.

The USF player would want to whittle down the panthers at max range with his Jackson, while the E8 protects it from dives. If the USF player messes up with the Jackson, the Ost player can just dive past the E8 and kill the Jackson, or if he messes up with the E8 the panthers can snipe it and the Jackson won’t have the dps to kill the panthers before the E8 dies.

Conversely, if the USF player plays well, he can whittle down a panther with his Jackson and then dive it with the E8, killing the panther, or if the panthers dive and he keeps the Jackson at max range while microing the E8 to point blank, he can also kill the panthers.

So there are ways for each side to win

Except the axis are still on the back foot by needing 175x2 fuel to possibly maybe fight off 140x2 and anything less is hopeless.

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2020, 07:40 AMKatitof

JP4 beats both.
Just a reminder.

Don't remind me remind Ostheer.
30 Jul 2020, 00:49 AM

Except the axis are still on the back foot by needing 175x2 fuel to possibly maybe fight off 140x2 and anything less is hopeless.

Axis need 175x2 fuel of panthers to counter 140x2 fuel of Jacksons right now, so I don’t see the difference.

In the end, you are paying an extra 35fuel for the machine guns of the panther. Since my E8 rework would have similar AT to the panther And the same amount of AI (3 MGs), a price increase to 175 fuel, the same as the panther, would be necessary.
31 Jul 2020, 03:51 AM

I don't know but they should both be nerfed because USF.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 46
Germany 766
Netherlands 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak