Login

russian armor

Why don't Shocks require upgrades?

• This thread is locked
27 Jul 2020, 20:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2020, 19:53 PMKatitof

That's ignorance too.

Not even responding to this. Just no comment.

I already did, in every single thread I gave you stats and stat pages and you still ignored them completely and went on babbling incoherently based on "I think I'm right".

No, you didn't. You just linked a page with stats, which I know very well. That is not giving stats. That is manipulation - you are almost never specific about anything. You keep posting very general statements based largely on myths, and back it all up with a link to a page with stats, which I believe you can't understand. You basically try to make sb with different opinion (and actually playing the game, watching tournes, etc.) do all the work providing stats and replays while You yourself never really do that.

Soviets also have much more abilities they have to use that cost munitions, have you already forgot how you wanted to nerf ZiS barrage? That's one of them.
Oorah? 15 muni.
All soviet elites have nades and use them frequently.
Not to mention all the doctrinal abilities and offmaps to boot.

And that is EXACTLY the problem with their balance. They can spam those abilities more than axis factions. It is not a great difference, but it is there. And even ZiS barrage You mention is an example of a very cheap ability which can have devastating results. Another muni discrepancy compared to other similar abilities.

Soviets have as much muni expenses as any other faction, the only REALLY muni starved faction is USF, everyone else is on similar level.

It is just your opinion.

And metrics balance team mentioned about win rations prove soviets are weakest faction in game.

Can You specifically point the source of this!

No, it wouldn't, unless you'd want to
a) make them even stronger then they are now
b) make them much cheaper then they are now

That's called balance, but we've already established in this and multiple previous threads that you have no idea about the meaning of this word.

Do you even know shocks stats vs rangers stats in terms of durability per model at vet3?

Are you really serious? Why do you compare two units which will never face each other? Why don't You provide stats Yourself even for this crazy comparison. That is anther problem with balance. One allied faction has an OP unit and some people expect all allied faction to have sth similar instead of nerfing such unit or trying to boost some units in the axis rooster. Just hard to comment past this point.

I don't even want to comment on Your insults. I hope the mod team will finally see that.

Yes, we know, we call these players noobs, because they play team games exclusively, blob everything and have 4 digit ranks. We also have actually good people providing feedback to balance team on communications channels thank RNGod you have no access to.

On the topic of rocket science, I'd rather listen to 1 rocket scientists backed by metrics then 1000 dirty peasants who throw a stick in the air and call it a ballistic missile, screaming ballistic missiles need changes.

Is this really related to shocks in any way???

There is not a single good player who complains about shocks and they were buffed some time ago for a reason.

I needed to write that, I expect you to read and replay to it, but I don't expect you to understand it, so I wont be bothering myself with continuting this with you.

But nobody forces You to do that. You are simply very much Soviet oriented forum member imo.

You want to make a point?
Provide gameplay replays, valid tests results, stat based argument.
If you can't, do the only sane thing and drop the subject before you ridicule yourself further.

The only one ridiculing here is You. You don't provide anything Yourself. Please at least provide the source of the news that Soviets are the worst faction in game.
28 Jul 2020, 13:53 PM

I don't think that requiring an upgrade to purchase the shields reducing the damage would be such a bad idea.

This is a better idea than requiring an upgrade for their weapons, but personally I don't think they should change

If you required an upgrade for their armor they'd have to cheaper in MP and that's probably not a good idea
28 Jul 2020, 14:00 PM

Your balance opinions are far worse than even Incendiary Rounds. Not even he would say something as dumb as “Shocks are OP like Falls”.

What is wrong with this? Almost crutch units per se.

Falls got nerfed, shocks not really.

I hope the mods see the "dumb" part without any explanation cause it is offensive, so please don't do that.
28 Jul 2020, 14:12 PM

This is a better idea than requiring an upgrade for their weapons, but personally I don't think they should change

If you required an upgrade for their armor they'd have to cheaper in MP and that's probably not a good idea

Some people complain they are too potent. Making say 40 muni armour upgrade wouldn't hurt the Soviet player much but would definitely make it easier for the opposing player to accept why they are so durable.
28 Jul 2020, 14:19 PM

Even though they really annoy me, Shocks are fine.

Where my rage comes in is when I play OKW. They are on the field well before a AA halftrack, and while an MG34 is adequate, there will be a situation that is will see shocks, fire, not suppress, reload, and start to fire again but by then its too late.

Having a Sturm or Stg44 doesnt help the situation. Using a MG34 reload bulletin doesn't help either.

Flak guns reliably stop Shocks (they reliably stop any infantry), but they have low HP, and even if Soviets don't have 120mm mortar, they can use a Zis AT gun to easily destroy my flak emplacement.

Which honestly, flak guns in their current configuration are overpriced. I need that 20 fuel for Panzer HQ, and since they are so vulnerable, can't be refunded like an Pak 44, its a stopgap measure at best.

Can't build Luchs to chase them, because T-70 says no. Heck AT Penals will roflstomp a Luchs.

They are just a hard unit to deal with until late game with Obers and Falls with FG42s.

...and even still they are still a pain in the ass, lol.

If I could suggest anything, I would say they should get a mild received accuracy nerf in red cover.
29 Jul 2020, 20:09 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

/locked by OP request
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 9
Germany 2
Germany 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W