Login

russian armor

I have to admit, USF Paratroopers are...

19 Jul 2020, 05:21 AM

...proabably the best infantry unit in the game. 6 man sqaud, parachutes in, doesn't need weapon racks or genade unlocks, reinforcement cost is good, if upgraded with Bazookas are excellent AT infantry. They can get LMGs or Thompsons. Unlike Riflemen, they are clearly superior to any stock OKW or OST infantry.

OKW Fallschrimjagers are a close second. In fact when Fallschrimjagers hit the field I fell like USF Paratroopers are the only good infantry that can handle them. Riflemen are terrible against them and Rangers aren't any better, they might even preform worse than Riflemen do against Fallschrimjagers.
19 Jul 2020, 05:42 AM

FSJ are pretty ridiculous. You can charge them into melee against shock troops and win more than half the time- due likely to their insane damage on the move. Not only that but the volume of fire from the FG42s rip any vehicle short of a light tank to shreds simply through raw dps. Honestly, losing the faust wasnt even a huge nerf because without it FSJ still hardcounter most light vehicles.

Let's be real, if paratroopers only had 5 men like rangers they would be woefully underpowered. You yourself mentioned that rangers get stomped by FSJ and per model paratroopers are actually WEAKER than rangers. Paras are powerful sure, but not as cost effective as rangers amd certainly not as cost effective as FSJ.
19 Jul 2020, 05:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2020, 05:42 AMSerrith
FSJ are pretty ridiculous. You can charge them into melee against shock troops and win more than half the time- due likely to their insane damage on the move. Not only that but the volume of fire from the FG42s rip any vehicle short of a light tank to shreds simply through raw dps. Honestly, losing the faust wasnt even a huge nerf because without it FSJ still hardcounter most light vehicles.

Let's be real, if paratroopers only had 5 men like rangers they would be woefully underpowered. You yourself mentioned that rangers get stomped by FSJ and per model paratroopers are actually WEAKER than rangers. Paras are powerful sure, but not as cost effective as rangers amd certainly not as cost effective as FSJ.

Yeah Fallschrimjagers are second only to Paratroopers, they really should be a CP3 unit, and I haven't used Rangers on a long time but LOL if they're still a 10 pop unit. Not worth it at all.
19 Jul 2020, 07:42 AM

OK dude
19 Jul 2020, 07:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2020, 05:54 AMCODGUY

Yeah Fallschrimjagers are second only to Paratroopers, they really should be a CP3 unit, and I haven't used Rangers on a long time but LOL if they're still a 10 pop unit. Not worth it at all.

Fallschirmjäger with 2 FG42 should be 3 CP but Shocks that arrive with full set of PPSH or Rangers with Thompson upgrade immediately available are fine at 2 CP?

???????????
19 Jul 2020, 08:43 AM

And the point of this thread is....
19 Jul 2020, 08:57 AM

And the point of this thread is....

At least its not "lets nerf" thread.
But then again, snek haven't replied yet.
19 Jul 2020, 08:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2020, 08:57 AMKatitof

At least its not "lets nerf" thread.
But then again, snek haven't replied yet.

I suspect this is just here to prepare us for another thread asking for a nerf.
19 Jul 2020, 10:01 AM

Fallschirmjäger with 2 FG42 should be 3 CP but Shocks that arrive with full set of PPSH or Rangers with Thompson upgrade immediately available are fine at 2 CP?

???????????

Shocks are useless for medium and long range. And they cannot be deployed in the rear. Shocks should be compared to assault grenadiers, not Falls. Falls are good absolutely any distance.
19 Jul 2020, 12:56 PM

Yup, charging Falls into melee range vs Shock Troops is genius-IQ play. Never mind the fact that Shocks have the highest close range DPS AND the highest durability of all units in the game. Also, FG42s are a hard counter to AAHT and AEC, it really is that simple.
19 Jul 2020, 13:56 PM

I suspect this is just here to prepare us for another thread asking for a nerf.

He's getting crafty. This IS a falls OP thread with a facia.
19 Jul 2020, 15:56 PM

The Return of the Legend. CODGUY.

Well, I dunno who finds trouble with Falls, because I don't remember the last time I even saw them hit the field after their Faust was taken away, as well as, as I remember, some sort of a nerf.
Even when I do see them I don't see them as a threat. They die really fast, especially while not upgraded for their 2 more FG42s. I dunno, maybe I am not too good of a player myself to witness some good play with them, but that's my experience.
While for Paras-I haven't seen them in eternity.

19 Jul 2020, 16:53 PM

Wait FG42 kill AEC? What?
19 Jul 2020, 17:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2020, 16:53 PMPorygon
Wait FG42 kill AEC? What?

Also hearing this for the first time. Maybe they mean penetration value is high enough to deal damage to it.
19 Jul 2020, 18:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Sarcasm is hard on the internet.

Aec can only be pen with small arm fire through the back.
19 Jul 2020, 22:52 PM

OK dude

Yup, charging Falls into melee range vs Shock Troops is genius-IQ play. Never mind the fact that Shocks have the highest close range DPS AND the highest durability of all units in the game. Also, FG42s are a hard counter to AAHT and AEC, it really is that simple.

/s
20 Jul 2020, 02:30 AM

I'd also add, Paratroopers are the only infantry USF has that can effectively deal with Panzergrens too. Rifleman preform poorly against them as they hit the field way too soon.
24 Jul 2020, 22:26 PM

How did a thread bout Paras became so focused on FJs. if you think there though use LV's (quads, AA ht works well as they can suppress them)
25 Jul 2020, 05:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2020, 02:30 AMCODGUY
I'd also add, Paratroopers are the only infantry USF has that can effectively deal with Panzergrens too. Rifleman preform poorly against them as they hit the field way too soon.

There it is! The UP rant!

Seriously though, why should pgren "lose" to riflemen? Because they do already in 6/10 situations.
25 Jul 2020, 11:09 AM

There it is! The UP rant!

Seriously though, why should pgren "lose" to riflemen? Because they do already in 6/10 situations.

They shouldn't and they don't. Only time Pgrens lose vs rifles is when rifles have double bars (280 + 120 should win in that situation). One BAR it's even. Of course, if PGs take panzershrecks they lose AI capability. I don't see it as an UP rant. It's just factual. Pgrens are elite and as such they do win vs Rifles. Nothing wrong about that. But they are usually best used as a sneaky bomb throw. That s*** can wipe nicely! The infantry combat in this game is pretty well balanced. Even more so if you include the "asymmetry" as a baseline.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 38
Germany 25
United States 24
unknown 34
Germany 33
Peru 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W