Login

russian armor

Nerf the Valentine

19 Jul 2020, 00:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2020, 00:10 AMVipper

Well you can choose better unit for comparison.

The Gun is similar to AEC in AT and it has great AI on top of that.

You can't be serious. I'm not comparing the units. Not even the guns. Just penetration values

It was just a reference to point out how low the penetration is. Nothing else. If you want to respond to my post, why don't you actually talk about the subject of it
19 Jul 2020, 00:49 AM

Another allies OP thread xD. You really complaining about Valentine? Puma easily kills it, snares make it useless. The whole point of that tank is to hit and run and you want to nerf that xD. Let me guess, you lost a game now and got outplayed by a brit with valentine and now are complaining here.

You sound like a guy who's never played a single game as ranked Axis.

19 Jul 2020, 16:09 PM

Imo the unit should simply be redesigned.

One could for instance move the "sexton synergy" to the new UKF officer or a separate "artillery officer" and redesign the unit a slower vehicle (that would actually be inline with real life since it was an infatry support tank) with either an AT or AI gun.

One could even move to stock and make the choice of AEC/Valentine instead of AEC/Bofors.
19 Jul 2020, 16:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2020, 16:09 PMVipper
One could even move to stock and make the choice of AEC/Valentine instead of AEC/Bofors.

And where do we put the Bofors?..
19 Jul 2020, 17:07 PM

as stock.

One could even make it doctrinal and it would probably even see more action...
19 Jul 2020, 17:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2020, 17:07 PMVipper

as stock.

One could even make it doctrinal and it would probably even see more action...

>Stock
That sounds somewhat interesting. Would make it a good choice, but would require huge AEC+Valentine nerfs, since you can get both.
>Doctrinal
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
19 Jul 2020, 17:30 PM

>Stock
That sounds somewhat interesting. Would make it a good choice, but would require huge AEC+Valentine nerfs, since you can get both.
>Doctrinal
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Can not cay much about emplacements since currently they are badly designed and require a redesign...
19 Jul 2020, 17:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2020, 17:30 PMVipper

Can not cay much about emplacements since currently they are badly designed and require a redesign...

You can go to my AEC and Bofors thread and we can discuss it there, not here.
19 Jul 2020, 18:47 PM

Platoon CP can have AEC and valentine tech, which lock out each other and boffor is unlocked with one of those tech unlocked.
19 Jul 2020, 18:50 PM

Platoon CP can have AEC and valentine tech, which lock out each other and boffor is unlocked with one of those tech unlocked.

So, Stock, pretty much. One of Vipper's suggestions from before.
But this thread is not about Bofors, it's about Valentine, so if we want to discuss Bofors, we go to another thread. Like mine.
19 Jul 2020, 18:52 PM

putting valentine behind aec ish tech would actually buff it, imagine a valentine hitting the field with a 222

that would be broken beyond repair
19 Jul 2020, 19:03 PM

putting valentine behind aec ish tech would actually buff it, imagine a valentine hitting the field with a 222

that would be broken beyond repair

It will obviously come with a neft, such as lower speed, HP, reprofiled gun, etc. And timing can be fine tuned by adjusting cost and research time of the tech. It's timing will be similar to T70.
19 Jul 2020, 20:49 PM

It will obviously come with a neft, such as lower speed, HP, reprofiled gun, etc. And timing can be fine tuned by adjusting cost and research time of the tech. It's timing will be similar to T70.

dont know if such big changes will happen or not create new issues :D

Anyways i think nearly evryone agrees the valentine needs to be nerfed somehow peaple just arent sure how.
I would be happy if the balance team would put this issue on their to do list :).
19 Jul 2020, 23:20 PM

I dont know man, but if skilled people like Terror, Olvadi, CN, and even Seeking (he said it in a streaming) and a lot of people who would post it anyways after me right now(Like Stormjager below me), say Valentine its too good, maybe.... they're right you know?

Depends on what game mode tbh.

1v1 it may be an issue but I'm sure the 5 people still playing that can come to a gentlemens agreement not to use it until later on.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★