Login

russian armor

Panzer IV Command Tank Rework Idea

12 Jul 2020, 06:01 AM

hmm.... making it like the PE P4 from coh1 maybe. shorter range bigger aoe faster rate of fire at cost of mobility. IDK. maybe recon flares.
12 Jul 2020, 12:23 PM

Give it Shermans HE shells as stock-ammo and a weak-spot ability with hollow-charge animation.

The def.-aura becomes a 30sec. ability, but buff it back to 0,8%. + make the commander only open the turret when ability is active.

-> useful unit.
12 Jul 2020, 12:40 PM

Give it Shermans HE shells as stock-ammo and a weak-spot ability with hollow-charge animation.

The def.-aura becomes a 30sec. ability, but buff it back to 0,8%. + make the commander only open the turret when ability is active.

-> useful unit.

That would be overstepping ostwinds territory too much.
Its buffs should be around utility through abilities, not raw firepower, its already good vs infantry.
12 Jul 2020, 15:15 PM

Increase the buffs to the aura to provide mobility buffs, this cements the theme of an early war P4 as a "blitzkrieg" tank and will allow Ost mediums to flank a lot easier.

Mark target and spotting makes zero sense on the unit or its original role and theme. The gun and lethality should not be buffed because then it will just be another cheese unit in 1vs1.

It should be able to buff allied tanks with the damage reduction and extra mobility, it's called teamwork.
12 Jul 2020, 16:37 PM

Command p4 is perfectly fine imo, no need for big changes
13 Jul 2020, 09:24 AM

I haven't watched the video yet, but here's my suggestion:

- Give it the ability to fire an HE shell barrage like a Stug E.
- Give it the ability to fire a smoke shell barrage.
- Replace vet 1 Blitzkrieg with the HEAT shell from the Stug E (better than G version).
- Change the damage modifier aura to -13% or -14%, so a Stug G can survive an extra shot, but a Panther cannot survive 2 extra shots.

Now it actually has some useful roles besides scaring away infantry. HE shell and smoke shell barrages lets it force support weapons to reposition, and the HEAT shell gives it an active role in tank battles.

Not a fan of timed auras, because they barely get used (see KV inspire and Command Tiger whatever-its-called). The FHQ aura is the only one that works, because it's free and powerful, even then it has such short range that it's hard to time it.
13 Jul 2020, 19:31 PM

One thing is for sure, mark target would be silly on it, Ost doesnt need abilities which would let its mediums totally rofl stomp allied mediums really fast.
17 Jul 2020, 21:24 PM

Permanently Banned
One thing is for sure, mark target would be silly on it, Ost doesnt need abilities which would let its mediums totally rofl stomp allied mediums really fast.

And why is that? What about allied heavies? Allies have far more heavy tanks to choose from and some are a bitch to kill like the ISU which somehow still has 155 rear armor.
18 Jul 2020, 08:59 AM

Nobody uses the timed aura on the OKW Command Tiger.

So I doubt anybody would use it on the P4.

A nerf in general.
18 Jul 2020, 09:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2020, 08:59 AMButcher
Nobody uses the timed aura on the OKW Command Tiger.

So I doubt anybody would use it on the P4.

A nerf in general.

When arty officer is used, its temp aura buff is being used often.
Same for sov forward HQ aura.

Command tiger aura was not used, because it was not there from get go, its a vet ability, so its not comparable at all. It also reduces performance of CT itself and CT arrives much, much later then any other command unit.

Just because you're too lazy to click a hotkey does not mean its not used.
18 Jul 2020, 16:47 PM

Permanently Banned
For once I liked SuperHansFan's idea. Buff allied tanks and vehicles mobility in addition to whatever defensive buffs it provides already. I am completely against giving the unit itself better combat stats.

At the end of the day, people would like to see some sort of improvement with the cmd p4. I'm not too picky about what in particular should be added. I see many great ideas. Just implement something because right now the unit is irrelevant.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★