Login

russian armor

Let's talk about Irregulars

14 Nov 2013, 19:03 PM

For anyone who doesn't know yet. Irregulars are featured in the soviet reserve army. They are NOT partisans and work a bit differently, though they are quite similar to their partisan brethren.

1. Cost the same as the at partisans at 250 mp and have the same model number.

2. They cannot be called in from buildings and come out from the spawn like other call ins.

3. They are always guaranteed to have either a soviet or german LMG.

4. They have a normal grenade and can throw at-nades if upgraded.

5. Cannot build mines or be upgraded like partisans.

6. Do not receive the effects of rapid conscription.

7. They can cap.

All in all they seem rather underwhelming. They have better combat utility with their choice of grenades, but without the on field call in they lose a lot of use and are very fragile without the upgradable armor.

The real kick in the pants for me is the lack of rapid conscription effect. There is little use for them within the doctrine if they don't recieve it and in my mind this needs to change.
14 Nov 2013, 19:19 PM

Is the hp of partisans less than conscripts?
14 Nov 2013, 19:33 PM

Is the hp of partisans less than conscripts?

To tell you the truth I don't know the exact stats and I don't have a link to the stats sheet. I mostly just tried them out to test what they could do.
14 Nov 2013, 19:34 PM

health of partisans is 40 by default, 80 once upgraded.
14 Nov 2013, 19:37 PM

partisans only have 40 hp

EDIT: damnit, nick beat me to it.
14 Nov 2013, 20:55 PM

they really hit hard though. i dont like them though, not popping out of buildings ruins their theme for me. this are the free partisans vs thee p2w partisans.
15 Nov 2013, 01:12 AM

they really hit hard though. i dont like them though, not popping out of buildings ruins their theme for me. this are the free partisans vs thee p2w partisans.

There are no p2w partisans, the doctrine is actually pretty well balanced. Surprisingly so, considering relics track record for premium commanders.

I have not tried using the irregulars, they seem rather useless at 40hp and no health bonus upgrade. Also having them spawn with the russian LMG seems like a terrible waste of resources, as their DPS would just be that of a conscript squad.

Can they at least cap? That would give them a small role at least, but not one worth the trade for guards or shocks.
15 Nov 2013, 01:14 AM

There are no p2w partisans, the doctrine is actually pretty well balanced. Surprisingly so, considering relics track record for premium commanders.

I have not tried using the irregulars, they seem rather useless at 40hp and no health bonus upgrade. Also having them spawn with the russian LMG seems like a terrible waste of resources, as their DPS would just be that of a conscript squad.

Can they at least cap? That would give them a small role at least, but not one worth the trade for guards or shocks.

Yeah I forgot about that. They can indeed cap unlike the partisans.
15 Nov 2013, 02:11 AM

What is the cost of Irregulars?

I can see two roles for them:
Long range fire support for Soviet conscripts.

Capping unit, but only if they're cheap enough.

About the only power of Reserver Army seems to be that you trick people into thinking that Soviet Strafe is coming. :P
15 Nov 2013, 03:07 AM

Permanently Banned
Point #1 is incorrect. Irregulars cost 250, partisans cost 140.
15 Nov 2013, 04:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2013, 03:07 AMRazh

Thanks for correcting me. I was thinking of AT partisans. Ill change the main post, but this adds to their disadvantages quite a bit. I wonder if they are more durable than I think they are?
15 Nov 2013, 06:14 AM
Patrion 27

Partisans worth is in surprise factor. Being able to spawn from ambient buildings can secure that kill on a retreating vehicle.

Irregulars go quite well in an M3 scout car.
15 Nov 2013, 11:22 AM

Permanently Banned
How many Muni is the Partisan health upgrade?
15 Nov 2013, 11:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2013, 11:22 AMNullist
How many Muni is the Partisan health upgrade?

40 for the normal partisans, 60 for the AT partisans.
15 Nov 2013, 12:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2013, 03:07 AMRazh

incorrect for the partisans as they cost 160 mp :)
15 Nov 2013, 13:05 PM

they are pw2 partisans as much as the inteligenge skill is a legal maphack. you totally missed the point.

back to the topic.

the russian lmg partisans come with the german upgraded rifles i think they hit very hard. they can shoot the lmgs standing, and the m3 idea seems nice. i wish i would know the propper stats from them.
15 Nov 2013, 13:18 PM

Whoever's idea it was to give Russians shrecks for no mandatory muni cost and popping out behind enemy lines must have been on crack.

Also, maphack MVGame.
15 Nov 2013, 14:22 PM

they are pw2 partisans as much as the inteligenge skill is a legal maphack. you totally missed the point.

So every new commander is p2w by default? Is that the point you are making?

15 Nov 2013, 17:46 PM

Oh snap, I didn't know I could spawn partisans in the buildings behind the enemy line! I should try these commander one more time.
23 Nov 2013, 00:33 AM
Donator 22

i felt the irregulars had more hp than the trash 140 partisans, I was lucky enough to get a mg42 one with my first call in - I used the squad in green cover behind my conscript and it worked out pretty well, blasted the advancing grenadiers hp to half each and the conscript dealt with the rest.

Though they are fragile and should only be used for green cover and if the map has tiny of it I see no point in calling them in.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★