Login

russian armor

Fix walking stuka 0 damage hits

5 Jul 2020, 08:11 AM

Howdy!

I think most people have seen or experienced the following scenario:

You or your opponent lands a perfect hit on a Katy for example with a walking stuka barrage.

Then one of 2 things will happen:

It either gets yeeted into oblivion or the bullseye pinpoint rocket hit does 0 damage meaning you wasted a barrage that should have been deadly and rewarded the players good accuracy.

Since OKW seems to be not in a very good spot right now (tm) at least fix this inconsistency/unpredictability with stuka rocket damage that has no reason to exist. It is especially frustrating when the Stuka is such a large investment for OKW and it is often required to counter allied rocket artillery or retreat points.

Big brain fix suggestions: Either normalize the rocket damage so it does reliable damage like other rocket arty / indirect fire or remove the Stuka entirely and be done with the problem while improving the historically accurate balance :snfPeter:
5 Jul 2020, 09:22 AM

This is due to the problem that the rockets have 0 pen, so they practically bounce if it is a direct hit. But if they dont hit drectly its AOE actaully deals more dmg since it ignores penetration :D.

One might be able to increase pen a little bit so it can pen katas and so on. This is very odd behaviour indeed
MMX
5 Jul 2020, 09:22 AM

agree, stuka rockets shouldn't have zero pen on direct hit. maybe its uniquely odd scatter pattern should get looked at as well, while we're at it.
5 Jul 2020, 10:08 AM

This is due to the problem that the rockets have 0 pen, so they practically bounce if it is a direct hit. But if they dont hit drectly its AOE actaully deals more dmg since it ignores penetration :D.

One might be able to increase pen a little bit so it can pen katas and so on. This is very odd behaviour indeed

Oh so that's what causes it

So in theory - since shocks still have body armor, right - is it possible for a shock squad to bounce a direct stuka rocket hit :sibHyena: ?

If the pen valua change would be the fix I'm all for it especially when it affects such a mainstream and vital unit - there is no justification for a unit to randomly be able to kill even Priests or Sextons and sometimes fail to kill an Ambo ona direct hit. Improving consistency would be a good change for both sides.
5 Jul 2020, 10:14 AM

So in theory - since shocks still have body armor, right - is it possible for a shock squad to bounce a direct stuka rocket hit :sibHyena: ?

its not the direct hit that kills the shock squad, its the aoe dmg. they cant bounce that
5 Jul 2020, 10:31 AM

Theoretically yes, if the rockets worked differently. But as far as I'm aware, rockets do not collide with infantry models and will just phase through them and strike the ground. I could be wrong about that, and I never tested it, but I don't think I've actually seen a artillery rocket hit an infantry model.
MMX
5 Jul 2020, 11:23 AM

Theoretically yes, if the rockets worked differently. But as far as I'm aware, rockets do not collide with infantry models and will just phase through them and strike the ground. I could be wrong about that, and I never tested it, but I don't think I've actually seen a artillery rocket hit an infantry model.

that's correct afaik. the same applies to most other projectiles, too. so unless there's no accuracy roll involved infantry models can't get hit directly by any shell.
5 Jul 2020, 13:18 PM

The reality is often disappointing :guyokay:

Anyhow - the elephant in the room is still the fact that one particular rocket artillery is extremely unreliable on direct hits and the issue should be fixed. I know there are other pressing matters such as "hotfixing" the infrared HT with 2 popcap adjustment after burying the unit in a shallow grave in the previous patch but the Stuka issue should not be ignored.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★