Login

russian armor

Delete the Schwerer gun from the game

• This thread is locked
PAGES (7)down
1 Jul 2020, 23:37 PM

Literally no reason it should exist whatsoever. Just park it at your cutoff and fuel with its huge range and stall until you get a P4 out. Big brain balancing, secure a side then put 10 units on the other and then live under the illusion you have more than 10 working synapses in your head.

Get rid of it.
1 Jul 2020, 23:40 PM

Also shoutout to crossroads winter that’s going to have even safer cutoffs so you can place a schwerer there and your base is right next to it so you can go an entire game without even worrying about your fuel. Shoutout also to Vilshanka, Feymonville and some maps I’m forgetting that also have cutoff and fuel within like 40m from eachother.
1 Jul 2020, 23:43 PM

If the enemy has 10units on the other side there is nothing to stop you from using 2 at guns and killing it before they can come over to say no. Then obviously you will win because they can't build any tanks.
1 Jul 2020, 23:50 PM

If the enemy has 10units on the other side there is nothing to stop you from using 2 at guns and killing it before they can come over to say no. Then obviously you will win because they can't build any tanks.

He has 10 working synapses, meaning he’ll just rotate his army over. He’ll also know your army’s position and have a big infantry superiority because you’ve spent 720mp and 260mp 70f if soviets for recon T70 to deal damage to it.

Basically it forces you into a super risky early game siege that’s gonna be even more difficult next patch if the doctrinal tank buff for okw comes into play and you have to deal with an ostwind/Hetzer 30fuel earlier.
2 Jul 2020, 01:47 AM

Make it take up pop space if you want it to fight. Permanent choice, unless it's destroyed, then you can choose again if you replace it

I wouldn't hate removing it either, but if people can't stand that it should at least take up pop
2 Jul 2020, 02:08 AM

Make it take up pop space if you want it to fight. Permanent choice, unless it's destroyed, then you can choose again if you replace it

I wouldn't hate removing it either, but if people can't stand that it should at least take up pop

Yup, or maybe make it purchaseable after panzer authorization for 300 manpower?

It definitely shouldn’t be free.
2 Jul 2020, 04:25 AM

I'm fairly certain this kind of changes are well beyond the scope of community balance patches and not allowed by Relic.

In my opinoon, aimbot structures like the OKW Flaks and UKF Boffors are regrettable but these are thoughts best saved for a COH3 if it ever happens.
2 Jul 2020, 07:04 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

These forward trucks are one of the last real faction features that OKW has, I would not remove it. Otherwise the whole thing could almost just become an upgrade for T0.

It works well in team games. If there are issues with some few maps, then that's a map design issue.
2 Jul 2020, 07:55 AM

So, you lost to a static building..

indirect fire wasn't an option..
2 Jul 2020, 08:03 AM

Schwerer gun for OKW always was indicator of greed and skill of OKW player. Some guys place it very aggressive and get very good benegits from it, some place it behind frontline to secure cutoff.

But as was mentioned before, if you place it aggressive, it becomes much easier to lost it. 2 squads of penals with satchels could almost destroyed it (smoke from mortar or shocks and farewell schwerer). Not to mentioned about double zis.
2 Jul 2020, 08:04 AM

I dont think it should be removed, but its very frustrating to play against, especially on small maps
2 Jul 2020, 08:13 AM

Lol, it's not like it is an static object that gets pummeled by artillery or anything above an AEC. Same logic applies to a bofors that noobs complain about all the time.
2 Jul 2020, 08:49 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

While i don't agree with OP, these comments just shows how little some people know about 1v1 maps and the mode.

For those who play team games only, you wouldn't realise that there are maps on which the base MG bunkers cover strat points near your base. Putting a Flak HQ just outside your base and covering your cut off is plenty safe.

It's as risky as constructing your tiers with Soviets and OH towards the exit of your base so you can reinforce from farther away.

PD: no risk at all.
2 Jul 2020, 08:57 AM

I dont think it should be removed, but its very frustrating to play against, especially on small maps

Yeah I put the title out of frustration.

This stupid strat should be nerfed though, it’s very unfair in 1v1in maps with cutoff and fuel closeby.
2 Jul 2020, 08:59 AM

yesterday i had a game in which it go instantly deleted by 2 parallel il2 strikes. you can remove it with 2 clicks if done right
2 Jul 2020, 09:03 AM

yesterday i had a game in which it go instantly deleted by 2 parallel il2 strikes. you can remove it with 2 clicks if done right

Great idea, let me force myself into an off meta commander and spend 400 munitions in order to do something as basic as attack a side and cap it.
2 Jul 2020, 09:05 AM

I agree with Stormjäger. braindead, ai controlled structure. and pls dont argue with "you have to get the placement right", after 500 games on the same 5 maps, you know where to place it
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS