Login

russian armor

Problem with map jamming at the beginning of the game.

1 Jul 2020, 16:09 PM

Hello, I have a problem with the completed map, namely when I turn on the game on a given map, when the ammunition bar is loaded, "ready map with fog of war and hud" appears, but nothing can be done except moving the camera on the map. Thanks in advance for your help, best regards.

PS uploading files to my profile on coh2.org exceeds me and each time it fails

Map link on steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2053317773
1 Jul 2020, 17:18 PM

have you tried to alt+tab out of the game and back in again?
1 Jul 2020, 17:37 PM

Is this a normal multiplayer map?
1 Jul 2020, 22:44 PM

@Rosbone What do you mean "normal"?
1 Jul 2020, 22:55 PM

have you tried to alt+tab out of the game and back in again?

Yes, it doesn't help
1 Jul 2020, 22:55 PM

Is this a normal multiplayer map?

What do you mean "normal"?
1 Jul 2020, 22:58 PM

@Rosbone What do you mean "normal"?

I have never seen the message you show: "ready map with fog of war and hud"

Where does that message appear?

I have never tried to make a single player map or do any crazy SCAR code etc. Just trying to figure out if we can help you or not.
1 Jul 2020, 23:02 PM

I have never seen the message you show: "ready map with fog of war and hud"

Where does that message appear?

I have never tried to make a single player map or do any crazy SCAR code etc. Just trying to figure out if we can help you or not.

I am not getting a message, but I meant that after loading into the map I can do nothing but move the camera on the map.

The map is designed for multiplayer and is not a campaign for that matter.
2 Jul 2020, 01:55 AM

I am not getting a message, but I meant that after loading into the map I can do nothing but move the camera on the map.

I dont know exactly what the issue is but:
There are a lot of objects on the map. Especially buildings. If you use buildings from multiple building sets, it will make the map load time longer.

I loaded your map in game and it loaded fine and I could play it. But it took a very long time to load. As you said, I sat in the game but could not do anything for a long time. And my hard drive was thrashing about the whole time.

Every map I have ever loaded in the Worldbuilder loads in about 5 seconds. Yours took about 20 or more.

I have been told loading a building set requires the game to load EVERY building in that set. It wont just pick the couple buildings you are using.

Buildings also have a LOT of textures to load and process. This adds a lot of time.

I would make a copy of your map and then start deleting buildings until the load time is reasonable.

Most of the mappers on ORG make maps for competitive play and rarely have a lot of buildings. And if they do have buildings they try to only use ONE building set.
2 Jul 2020, 05:22 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

I haven't looked but if it has a lot of buildings it could also be a bugged building or a mission building conflicting.
2 Jul 2020, 10:34 AM

Cathedral_Wall_02 is where the arrow points. This object is blinking for me if I zoom out enough.

If I select the whole map I get 2405 objects selected.

There are also 19 GRASS objects listed. I am not sure if there is a limit here or how this affects load time.

The map size is also about 740x740. Which is much bigger than automatch 3v3 maps.

I dont know what happens when you have soldier models in the game? I would delete these probably.
2 Jul 2020, 12:13 PM

Hello, I have a problem with the completed map, namely when I turn on the game on a given map, when the ammunition bar is loaded, "ready map with fog of war and hud" appears, but nothing can be done except moving the camera on the map. Thanks in advance for your help, best regards.

PS uploading files to my profile on coh2.org exceeds me and each time it fails

Map link on steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2053317773

Yes this is a common occurrance related to alt-tabbing in and out of the game while it is loading it happens quite frequently and will not happen at all if you dont alt tab out of the game while it is loading.

All you do to fix it when it happens and you stuck on the map rotating is HOLD ALT and move the mouse around... That is it youll be fixed oh yeah and then simply hit backspace twice to get back to default perspective.
2 Jul 2020, 13:45 PM

Thank you very much for all the answers given. The reason was probably soldiers adapted to the campaign and a huge bunker, in which there was a lot of rubbish that could not be seen. I hope that this is not the last joint exchange and that I will share other more balanced maps. Problem has been solved.

Best wishes
2 Jul 2020, 15:43 PM

Yes this is a common occurrance related to alt-tabbing in and out of the game while it is loading it happens quite frequently and will not happen at all if you dont alt tab out of the game while it is loading.

All you do to fix it when it happens and you stuck on the map rotating is HOLD ALT and move the mouse around... That is it youll be fixed oh yeah and then simply hit backspace twice to get back to default perspective.

I have never had this problem. But Bonebleeder has! You should pop on his stream and let him know how to fix it. Since he has to Alt-Tab to Play the Geetar!

Thank you very much for all the answers given. The reason was probably soldiers adapted to the campaign and a huge bunker, in which there was a lot of rubbish that could not be seen. I hope that this is not the last joint exchange and that I will share other more balanced maps. Problem has been solved.

Best wishes

Nice! Best of luck going forward with your mapping adventures.

The map you have is more suitable for AI Comp Stomps. Typical automatch maps will have few buildings and much more open terrain for pathing, etc. Not all factions can deal with buildings well and having close quarters areas hurts other factions and makes MGs useless.

If you decide to venture into the very unrewarding field of competitive mapping there is a Discord server run by WhiteFlash where you can post your map and get some feedback.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★