Login

russian armor

Advises for 1v1 with Wehrmacht

1 Jul 2020, 07:31 AM

Hi guys,

after years I came back to the 1v1 mode. Playing without goals is not fun thats why I want to reach Level 12 in that game mode. You could help me on my way if you answer my questions and if you take a look at my commander load out and my map vetos.

Commanders:
Osttruppen, German Infantry, Mechanized Assault or Strategic Reserves (because of P4J)

Map Vetos:
-Arnheim
-Angoville
-Crossing
-Lagoda
-Kholdny Ferma (I know this is a tourney map but I just dont like it;)

Build orders:
German infantry:
MG; 4&Grens, 222,and then PAK or Storms

Osttruppen:
MG, 3&Osttruppen, PG, 222,
I also experimented with Osttruppen+Sniper lately and here is my question:
When should I build the sniper? Should I build it as first unit and call in the Osttruppen after the sniper or is it better to call in 1/2 Osttruppen and then build the sniper?

Thx for answering in advance!

6 Jul 2020, 02:29 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Map vetos are quite personal, just play on whatever map you are comfortable with.

On the sniper: build the sniper as soon as possible. You want maximum time before your opponent can muster a light vehicle/enough infantry to flank. You still should have plenty of Osttruppen to work with even with the sniper as your first unit.

I'd suggest experimenting with the 251. It is extremely powerful as either a reinforcement/healing station or with the flamethrowers.
6 Jul 2020, 05:51 AM

I don't want to sound arrogant or anything like that, but if you want to achieve level 12 you don't have to use any specific strategy or try to optimize your build order to the limit...
All you need is solid micro. Keep playing the game regularly and try to minimize your own mistakes. Knowing the ins and outs of each map and how you need to play certain maps can also help. This is something you can only learn yourself by playing a lot.

Good luck :)
6 Jul 2020, 07:09 AM

I agree
just improve your micro and take favored engagements
lvl 12 is easily reachable with any kind of meme strat
I wouldn't suggest going sniper against anything except brits and soviet t1 opening maybe
6 Jul 2020, 10:38 AM

As someone who's currently at lvl 12/13ish I agree with the other posters, there's no need to be stuckon the meta. The way I see it is if I were to follow the meta and strongest strats/builds strictly then I'd probably do a little better, and maybe settle a level higher than currently, then the matchmaking would even it out. I would rather be ranked a little bit lower and have more fun being free with builds.

A lot of your opponents at these levels will be following meta with no flexibility in response to you which makes them predictable. And when you lose games at this level, like has been said, it's not that you need to necessarily optimise builds but rather just take better engagements and micro better.
6 Jul 2020, 11:53 AM

Thx for the responses, guys. I agree that micro is the best way to improve rank / level. One key thing for me is to use the minimap a lot more. I loose 80% of my units because I "forget" them for some seconds:(

Knowing the maps better is also crucial thing. Knowing the best capping order helped me a lot in my last games. I will play more the next days and will maybe upload a game. Maybe someone can have look at it.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 31

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight