Login

russian armor

Ranking & Matchmaking Question

29 Jun 2020, 19:25 PM
Donator 22

Two questions, regarding matchmaking.

• If I am a level 10 in all factions all game modes and make an 2v2 AT together with a new player. For the first ten games, Are we going to get matched against......what? What is the algorithm trying to find as enemy? will it search based on my rank? on the noob rank?
  • If mate and me area level 10 in all factions 1v1 but nothing else and then enter 2v2 AT, what kind of enemy level will COH try to find for us?
29 Jun 2020, 19:28 PM

yesterday my rank 500 okw ass was matched against the rank 1 2v2 brit. there is no matchmaking
(i should add that this happens regularly)
29 Jun 2020, 20:01 PM

1) Against hidden ELO rating. levels/faction ranks are only to compare you to other players within the same faction and have no influence on matchmaking, rank 100 brit might have the exact same ELO as rank 400 wehr, but be different rank/level due to population difference within factions despite representing the exact same skill level.

2) Every single game mode and every single team are ranked separately, 10 placement games apply always when starting new team/game mode.
29 Jun 2020, 20:12 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2020, 20:01 PMKatitof
1) Against hidden ELO rating.....

Thanks, that already helps to some extent.
I read this as, in both scenarios the first 10 games will be placement games. Correct?
And this means matched against total random?
30 Jun 2020, 18:44 PM

Thanks, that already helps to some extent.
I read this as, in both scenarios the first 10 games will be placement games. Correct?
And this means matched against total random?

It basically means game will try to evaluate your skill by placing you against both, hard and easy opponents to determine where you fit best.
1 Jul 2020, 00:44 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

ELO/MMR is a hidden value assigned by the matchmaking algorithm to determine your skill.

CoH uses this to determine your rank compared to people who are available atm (people who have at least 1 match) for that faction and mode. Yes, this means that each new team (be it 2v2 or 4v4) have a different ELO. Same with playing random on 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4 for each faction.

Interesting enough, you can "rank" as AT with a team of 2, by playing with randoms in 3v3 and 4v4.

For newcomers, they get assigned an arbitrary value with a high uncertainty with absolutely NO consideration as to who you will be matching with (as far as i'm concerned).
This is why you can get extreme high rankings in the first games, even if you only face potatoes.

You could also get demolished by high ranks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 3
unknown 13

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment