Login

russian armor

how to deal vs good opponent who plays ostruppen ?

25 Jun 2020, 00:50 AM

hello, i'm feelling very frustrated to play as sov vs ostruppen as I find that there are very few to none counter to ostruppen,does anyone have ideas or replay from their own. I'd like to have some good player replay beating this strat. thanks
28 Jun 2020, 03:37 AM

Maxim/M3 Flame/Penals/Shock Troops/T70/Sniper/7 man conscripts/120mm mortar.

Ostruppen will commonly run PG's once tiering up. A smart ostruppen player will keep their units as far back and behind cover as possible, then supplememt the attack of PGs.

Ostruppen are not offensive units. They can be pressed to do so when synnergized with the artillery field officer, but that is not their primary role.

I often play as Ostruppen. They have good survival ability, with fausts. Honestly prefer them to running VSL's or Ass Grens.
28 Jun 2020, 06:53 AM

Honestly I think the only thing you can really do is rely on the M-42 and Dshk to help deal with the vehicles and P-Grens. Flamer HT does so much damage that even getting a snare off is difficult. Early weapon upgrades can help against them as well, namely SVT's. Go Tier 2 so you have Zis for late game and try to avoid pushing Ostruppen in cover since they are going to trade better than Cons. Wish you could at least get the M5 earlier to help deal with light vehicles.
28 Jun 2020, 07:02 AM

M5 quad - you easily can kill 222 with it and also keep PGrens away from your troops. And harrasing of mg-42 will be much easier.

28 Jun 2020, 12:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2020, 07:02 AMMaret
M5 quad - you easily can kill 222 with it and also keep PGrens away from your troops. And harrasing of mg-42 will be much easier.

In theory this would work but he is going to have his Flamer HT at about 5 minutes and is going to bleed the Soviet player far too hard.
28 Jun 2020, 13:21 PM

I find early stalling with airbourne to be good. Camp one side hard with sandbags, 4 cons into Zis gun for the 222, then drop a couple SVTs and flamer and start pushing since your SVT cons will bully Osttruppen and can actually fight Pgrens. Then just rush T70 and overrun him.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS