Login

russian armor

(4) Aachen

24 Jun 2020, 23:49 PM

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2140889834

v1.0 The Battle of Aachen was a major combat action of World War II, fought by American and German forces in and around Aachen, Germany, between 2–21 October 1944. The city had been incorporated into the Siegfried Line, the main defensive network on Germany's western border; the Allies had hoped to capture it quickly and advance into the industrialized Ruhr Basin. Although most of Aachen's civilian population was evacuated before the battle began, much of the city was destroyed and both sides suffered heavy losses. It was one of the largest urban battles fought by U.S. forces in World War II, and the first city on German soil to be captured by the Allies. The battle ended with a German surrender, but their tenacious defense significantly disrupted Allied plans for the advance into Germany.

I was interested in making a fully urban map since most of the maps I see are countryside-based. I know buildings can be overly strong and that better players tend to like more open maps that allow for army/vehicle maneuverability so I kept that in mind when making this, trying to strike the balance between city/open space so the map feels good but also plays well. I essentially copied the layout for Elst Outskirts due to it's popularity as a map and small distance between VPs. I feel like this will really help the battle feel tight in the confines of the city while also allowing forces to cover plenty of the map. I've also done some choice building destruction and unselectablity to help with the overpoweredness of buildings and added plenty of green cover options near enterable buildings to hopefully allow for countering.

Anyways feel free to leave any feedback. I'm not sure if I'll make any major changes as this took forever to make, but I'll always consider good feedback.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★