Login

russian armor

Field staying power of Allies

24 Jun 2020, 21:24 PM

So I was playing some 2vs2 together with a mate on Axis side and every game took the same path.

The first two thirds of the game we did absolutely hunt the enemy across the map. We held the majority of capping points and had much more resources. We wiped one squad after another and destroyed their tanks as soon as we spotted them.

But somehow in the last third our opponents magically were able to create huge blobs of infantry, all equipped with upgrades. They pumped out one tank after another and roflestomped our infantry with it.

I don't really get how this is possible. If we as Axis would have let them right to the border of our base, we would have been f*cked a long time ago. But they just went "Nah, no prob mate, just move five inf sections in a blob and it will be fine."

I consider this to be very unsatisfying. Our micro definitely was better than theirs, our strategies too, but they were just able to ignore this.

Especially the British late-game tanks and the Soviet shock troops left us speechless as they went over our already vetted units with ease although being at vet0.

Has anybody faced similar issues? It really ruins the game for me that all of our strats and micro do not scale well into late game.
24 Jun 2020, 21:26 PM

A replay would have been very helpful here
24 Jun 2020, 21:27 PM

Yes, I know, but I didn't think of that as I never used this function before and I just registered to the forum. I'm a first-timer here but have been playing the game quite some time now.
24 Jun 2020, 21:38 PM

Yes, I know, but I didn't think of that as I never used this function before and I just registered to the forum. I'm a first-timer here but have been playing the game quite some time now.

Well thats unfortunate

All I can say is that Ive definitely seen quite some BS and absolutely undeserved comebacks from both sides

Its hard to really identify how can someone get outta such situation

Tommies are known to be a bit unfairly too good at the moment, but Im still sure that a well positioned and supported MG or 2 would have helped
24 Jun 2020, 21:39 PM

Replays are good for this stuff because these threads end up sounding really really generic otherwise. You could put this up as a side by side comparison with other threads like this and the content is almost identical. Not many tips to be given in a thread that boils down to "we played better and were winning but then we lost".

If you think it's an axis or allies problem, try playing both sides and you'll find yourself saying regardless of faction "WTF how does this guy stil have so much infantry? I wiped so much already" all the time. It's just one of those things where it always feels like you're on the uphill battle. Coh is like that tbh.
24 Jun 2020, 21:47 PM

All I can say is that Ive definitely seen quite some BS and absolutely undeserved comebacks from both sides

"Undeserved comeback" is exactly what I mean. They were just hard blobbing the entire time as their only strat. Sadly, you can't have your MGs everywhere at all times because of British artillery call-ins and when holding large parts of the map you are quite stretched out.

But without a replay I don't have something to show my problems, of course. Next time I will provide one.
24 Jun 2020, 21:49 PM

It's just one of those things where it always feels like you're on the uphill battle. Coh is like that tbh.

Could it have something to do with the indirect correlation between manpower on the field and manpower income?
24 Jun 2020, 22:05 PM

"Undeserved comeback" is exactly what I mean. They were just hard blobbing the entire time as their only strat. Sadly, you can't have your MGs everywhere at all times because of British artillery call-ins and when holding large parts of the map you are quite stretched out.

But without a replay I don't have something to show my problems, of course. Next time I will provide one.

If they are blobbing you dont have to

Only where the blob is

Oh and as for the manpower income corelation (the mechanic is called upkeep), yeah thats quite annoying but I dont think its significant enough. Iirc an average inf unit takes like 10 Upkeep, which would mean that it takes 10 mins to give him back only 100MP

But these moments still kinda suck
24 Jun 2020, 22:12 PM

Well, I think we will just try again ... There has to be a way to beat the late game.
24 Jun 2020, 23:27 PM

Permanently Banned
Brits are simply OP atm. U need to use cheese builds to beat them. Ie. Ostruppen or 5man grens, JLI, mp40 volks.
24 Jun 2020, 23:44 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Temp.rec

The last replay is always saved.
25 Jun 2020, 00:28 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Well, I think we will just try again ... There has to be a way to beat the late game.

If you're truely winning you need to put your foot on the gas and hammer them home. You get your tank first you should be able to do some damage with it.
25 Jun 2020, 05:10 AM

Has anybody faced similar issues? It really ruins the game for me that all of our strats and micro do not scale well into late game.

What you depict is the same whether playing as allies or axis.

From my experience, wiping here and there does not guarantee reduction of enemy capacity. In fact, they receive less manpower tax from low pop cap.

That's why you need to win by VP, not by annihilating the enemy.

If you don't have VP, try all you can to get all three, or two and keep one (near the enemy side) neutral.
If you have the VP, place mines, bunkers and positioning MG, AT gun. The enemy WILL be back. They won't say GG and leave the game just because you wipe a single shock troop squad.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight