Login

russian armor

USF on life support

23 Jun 2020, 14:53 PM

Then why were OKW seen in every game last tournament? USF were seen five times

Cause mixed factions was forced? So you had to play okw. And allies can just go UKF+Sov. End of story.
23 Jun 2020, 15:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2020, 14:53 PMGeblobt

Cause mixed factions was forced? So you had to play okw. And allies can just go UKF+Sov. End of story.

Which is exactly my point

Even with mixed teams USF were hardly used, in team games arty is king and they're suffering from Scott and indirect changes.

Scott should have its barrage range doubled and auto attack and smoke removed. Give USF an actual indirect fire vehicle and not this hard to balance hybrid
23 Jun 2020, 15:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

OKW and OST are two absolutely decent factions.

If one of them were weak, we would have seen way more stomps by the SOV/UKF combination.
23 Jun 2020, 16:04 PM

Which is exactly my point

No it’s not, you absolute hypocrite, you compared okw and usf pick rates to argue USF < OKW and now you’re backing up and BSing with pathetic excuses about the Scott bring UP and needing buffs.

If one of them were weak, we would have seen way more stomps by the SOV/UKF combination.

That’s nonsense. OKW win rates have plummeted since the Tiger nerf in 1v1 and 2v2 tournaments and you’re putting forward a weak “not enough stomps to justify UP” argument.
23 Jun 2020, 16:29 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

That’s nonsense. OKW win rates have plummeted since the Tiger nerf in 1v1 and 2v2 tournaments and you’re putting forward a weak “not enough stomps to justify UP” argument.

First: Show your data.

Second: The fact that this exists and high level players achieve win rates close to UKF suggests otherwise (plus low level players do well with OKW, so the faction seems to have a low entry barrier).

And lastly: You mean not being able to use an OP unit to propel yourself to victory is now seen as a bad thing?
23 Jun 2020, 16:37 PM

Permanently Banned
OKW and OST are two absolutely decent factions.

Ost is only a decent faction when crutching on 5 factions with 5man, ostruppen or agrens. OKW is more of a decent faction and only has to crutch on particular factions ie. JLI or mp40 volks vs UKF. Against SU or USF, all doctrines are viable for OKW.

For folks like Stormjager to say "OKW is dead" is simply a L2P issue.
23 Jun 2020, 16:38 PM

Permanently Banned

OKW is fine. OKW has the highest 1v1 winrate in automatch.
23 Jun 2020, 16:44 PM

okw is fine indeed
where can i find the win rates and stuff?
23 Jun 2020, 16:49 PM

Since this very thread started from really wise "observation" of the 2vs2 tournament (UTT2), mine is that axis got destroyed in most game at a point where I wondered if the winner was just the one who got to play 3 time allies.

IMO the Tiger should never have been added to the OKW for easier balance purpose.
23 Jun 2020, 17:14 PM

First: Show your data.

Good, I’m eagerly awaiting for you to prove a significant relationship between the number of stomps and the power level of a faction in mixed 2v2 tournaments.

You mean the statistics post where the top 200 is the last dot on the left of every graph and displays stats for every single level?

That really doesn’t have any value. Lower level games are not indicative of balance.

“Insert generic my playercard is much better than yours argument”
23 Jun 2020, 17:20 PM

Yes OKW is strong and everyone just needs to l2p. That's also the reason why they are used so much in MLNZ and COHrona right?

23 Jun 2020, 17:22 PM

???

23 Jun 2020, 17:39 PM

Permanently Banned

You mean the statistics post where the top 200 is the last dot on the left of every graph and displays stats for every single level?

That really doesn’t have any value. Lower level games are not indicative of balance.

Actually OKW has the highest winrate at the highest level and just drops down between 80 to 90th percentile. U can check the graph again. Just because OKW isn't the best faction at a particular rank level doesn't mean it sucks. Overall winrate is still a more accurate representation.

And your Ost 1v1 rank is like hardly 70 ranks above mine. So much for a "much better" playercard. You're nothing but hubris. U say that "sections OP" is a L2P issue, so I'm telling u that "OKW is dead" is also a learn to play issue. I don't struggle with Brits as Ost due to using Ostruppen, but crutching on Ostruppen shouldn't be a requirement to stand a chance vs Brits which is why even the allied biased balance team at least "recognizes" this and "somewhat" nerfed the bolster of the sections in the "hotfix." So teh bal team doesn't agree with u.
23 Jun 2020, 17:53 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Good, I’m eagerly awaiting for you to prove a significant relationship between the number of stomps and the power level of a faction in mixed 2v2 tournaments.

I would not have thought that this issue would stress your imagination to such a large extend, but I get surprised every now and then.

Still, I'll give it one last go:

1v1 data from literally thousands of high level matches suggests that OKW has the second highest win rate of all factions.

The only way they could have "plummeted" to a very close second place is if OKW were brokenly OP before the patch. I really don't understand how one can seriously try to argue with that point, especially if the data is a "trust me bro I know better".
29 Jun 2020, 11:07 AM

So when's the hotfix to mega buff USF dropping? After their embarrassing showing in the MLNZ finals it is obvious even to the lowest skill player that the faction is in need of supermassive buffs to every single unit to even compete with the god faction known as Ostheer.

I propose:

Riflemen start with double BARs when built
REs start with M1919s
Jackson 300 armour
Scott 70 range
CalliOP stock and double barrage lethality
Pack Howie 100mp cost
You get 2 LTs and 2 Cpts for teching
.50cal gets 0.1sec set up and tear down time
M1 AT gun doubled penetration

These buffs are a good start, maybe then the wheelchair faction will finally be able to somewhat compete with the superhuman 5man Grenadiers.
29 Jun 2020, 11:15 AM

So when's the hotfix to mega buff USF dropping? After their embarrassing showing in the MLNZ finals it is obvious even to the lowest skill player that the faction is in need of supermassive buffs to every single unit to even compete with the god faction known as Ostheer.

I propose:

REs start with M1919s
Jackson 300 armour
Scott 70 range
Pack Howie 100mp cost

These buffs are a good start, maybe then the wheelchair faction will finally be able to somewhat compete with the superhuman 5man Grenadiers.

There buffs are way too big, USFs major issue is mostly in team games which could and should be fixed with a few buffs and adjustments to m20, Scott, Pershing etc.

Rifleman performance is mostly fine but gren power creep with fiveman needs looking at, maybe remove their faust so we see some LMG grens mixed in.
29 Jun 2020, 11:18 AM

There buffs are way too big, USFs major issue is mostly in team games which could and should be fixed with a few buffs and adjustments to m20, Scott, Pershing etc.

Rifleman performance is mostly fine but gren power creep with fiveman needs looking at, maybe remove their faust so we see some LMG grens mixed in.

Yeah I totally agree, remove their faust, their rifle nade, their pants, 5th model’s gun and make them unable to retreat.

Maybe then the machup vs the infantry on literal wheelchairs won’t be a cakewalk for them.
29 Jun 2020, 12:04 PM

I propose:

REs start with M1919s
Jackson 300 armour
Scott 70 range
Pack Howie 100mp cost

You dont give proper answer. Just make fun of logical proposals. USF is on life support. Thats obvious. 2 raketens block USF armor very much. Pak howie is only good thing that USF can field. And Axisfanboys still try to nerf it to ground. Proably they will get what they want. We need major buff for sherman bulldozer and maybe even stock roket arty for USF.
29 Jun 2020, 12:08 PM

You dont give proper answer. Just make fun of logical proposals. USF is on life support. Thats obvious. 2 raketens block USF armor very much. Pak howie is only good thing that USF can field. And Axisfanboys still try to nerf it to ground. Proably they will get what they want. We need major buff for sherman bulldozer and maybe even stock roket arty for USF.

How am I making fun of you? I wholeheartedly agree and presented my own proposals for USF buffs. I am 100% serious about it with 0 sarcasm. USF is the worst faction in coh2 history and needs unimaginably strong buffs to even compete, as was evident yesterday in the MLNZ finals and the absolutely laughably bad showing that USF had.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★