Login

russian armor

List of my Suggestions for Balance with reasoning

• This thread is locked
PAGES (6)down
2 Aug 2020, 03:45 AM

Permanently Banned
Ugh flaming and trolling my ass. I am serious. This game is unbalanced and no one in the community it seems wants to admit it except me.
2 Aug 2020, 04:35 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Ugh flaming and trolling my ass. I am serious. This game is unbalanced and no one in the community it seems wants to admit it except me.

No, you are not the only one. If there is only a handful strategies then there is something wrong. I believe there is mostly a lot of issues with design aspects.
3 Aug 2020, 01:29 AM

Permanently Banned

No, you are not the only one. If there is only a handful strategies then there is something wrong. I believe there is mostly a lot of issues with design aspects.

Yeah, the way the factions are designed contribute significantly to the inbalance.
3 Aug 2020, 03:16 AM

What was the point of increasing fuel cache costs anyway? Seemed really stupid.
3 Aug 2020, 19:53 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Aug 2020, 03:16 AMCODGUY
What was the point of increasing fuel cache costs anyway? Seemed really stupid.

It was direct nerf to team games, which can be clearly seen in 3v3. At 200 manpower cashes caused team games to be more mono-toned in just slamming vehicles into each other. Also I think at the time OKW had the resource income reductions in place, though I could be wrong.
8 Aug 2020, 02:49 AM

Permanently Banned

It was direct nerf to team games, which can be clearly seen in 3v3. At 200 manpower cashes caused team games to be more mono-toned in just slamming vehicles into each other. Also I think at the time OKW had the resource income reductions in place, though I could be wrong.

Why not reduce it to 200 manpower, but only for 1v1 games. After all, the caches would only benefit you.
8 Aug 2020, 09:47 AM

Why not reduce it to 200 manpower, but only for 1v1 games. After all, the caches would only benefit you.

Because for 1v1, when you usually get only 1 cache and even that occurrence is pretty rare the cost is not an issue.

It targets 3v3 and 4v4 where you spam them on every space available to you.
8 Aug 2020, 16:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Because you can't make patches for specific modes.
12 Aug 2020, 04:25 AM

Permanently Banned

Because you can't make patches for specific modes.

What do you mean? Like function of if 1v1 multiplayer match or something like that, cost of cache = 200 mp.
If not 1v1 multiplayer match, cost of cache = 250 manpower.

Also, they may as well modify the campaigns and TOW missions so cache cost is now 250 manpower.
12 Aug 2020, 04:33 AM

Permanently Banned
And what next? In addition to excessive flaming and trolling, my posts get hidden or deleted for excessive insulting, spamming, or even threatening? And will my IP of Tommy Gray x Land Raider be tracked so I am permanently banned not only from the forums, but from COH2 itself and the steam profile gets hacked and COH2 uninstalled without a refund?
MMX
12 Aug 2020, 05:31 AM

no offense, but i think your issues go well beyond balance of the game. that tinfoil hat is also not doing you any good either.
13 Aug 2020, 15:40 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2020, 05:31 AMMMX
no offense, but i think your issues go well beyond balance of the game. that tinfoil hat is also not doing you any good either.

My issues also go into how toxic this community, the community that patches the game, and some of the in game players, is.
13 Aug 2020, 19:37 PM

My issues also go into how toxic this community, the community that patches the game, and some of the in game players, is.

I'd say that behavior moderation is quite loose. But some people are simply tired of bad, in their opinion, suggestions, mixed with a constant balance whine :)
14 Aug 2020, 06:42 AM

Can't believe there are tournaments on this game, during years I've been watching these forums and even more after relic allow this site to balance the game, I can't believe that with all the game breaking unbalance this game has ( Soviet destroying KT and JT with no skill combo, British destroying OKW building with OP arty without even being near, KT and JT completely useless and almost every tank can penetrate their front armor and some have more range ( firefly ha! more range than a KT jesus!) I am no one but you don't need to be pro to know this crap is broken and you never balance it, where is the flanking to take down tanks? like in coh1? games are not even fun to watch when you see this things happening during a game, I can see that this game took a direction that is not more what original devs wanted for the game.

14 Aug 2020, 06:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2020, 06:42 AMgollo
Can't believe there are tournaments on this game, during years I've been watching these forums and even more after relic allow this site to balance the game, I can't believe that with all the game breaking unbalance this game has ( Soviet destroying KT and JT with no skill combo, British destroying OKW building with OP arty without even being near, KT and JT completely useless and almost every tank can penetrate their front armor and some have more range ( firefly ha! more range than a KT jesus!) I am no one but you don't need to be pro to know this crap is broken and you never balance it, where is the flanking to take down tanks? like in coh1? games are not even fun to watch when you see this things happening during a game, I can see that this game took a direction that is not more what original devs wanted for the game.

That's because tournaments are being played by high skill people who know the game and factions well, know all the units and know how to counter them, while balance threads in 95% are being started by whiny 4 digit rank players who can't tell Elephant from their own mom, with APM of 3, for whom approaching HMG from a flank is impossible to execute micro regardless of map or situation or theorycrafters who do not remember anymore how units look like, but its cool, because they have stat page opened for each individual one and that's all they base their input on, not having any kind of grip on meta or even reality for years now.
14 Aug 2020, 07:05 AM

If what you say is true, why I don't see JT, KT on "pro" games? because if If go to sc2 for instance I can play with all units, with your thinking you will have only 2k people playing this game, if this game were in a good balance state, lest say 85-90% then this game will have thousands of people playing it, how many people have installed this game only to uninstall it due to lack of balance and bugs, why age of empires have more players? I can and play age 2 right now I won't see this disastrous game breaking "skill plays" this game is played because it is unique and there are other like but by any chance it is even 50% balanced.
14 Aug 2020, 08:32 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2020, 07:05 AMgollo
If what you say is true, why I don't see JT, KT on "pro" games? because if If go to sc2 for instance I can play with all units, with your thinking you will have only 2k people playing this game, if this game were in a good balance state, lest say 85-90% then this game will have thousands of people playing it, how many people have installed this game only to uninstall it due to lack of balance and bugs, why age of empires have more players? I can and play age 2 right now I won't see this disastrous game breaking "skill plays" this game is played because it is unique and there are other like but by any chance it is even 50% balanced.

The most viewed Twitch channels and most large tournaments are 1v1 matches. Slow, heavy units are quite vulnerable in these modes because the unit density is low and slow units are likely to get flanked.
from 2v2 upwards you will see JT, Elefant, ISU, Tiger etc regularly.

And yes, there are still a lot of bugs and unbalanced things in this game. Still comparing it to AoE2 in that regard does not make that much sense, since the games are very different in their whole premise, setup and completely different fighting mechanics. AoE2 is also in active development (at least the newest iteration) by a large company. CoH2 is next to abandoned and kept alive by the community with obviously less manpower to do the work.
14 Aug 2020, 11:12 AM

7. Royal Engineers HEAT Grenade Ability: Requires the squad to be equipped with any AT weapon or Company Command Post constructed. I must emphasize the ANY AT weapon, includes PTRS-41 AT Rifles, Panzerchrecks, Bazookas, PIATs, etc.

Reasoning: to ensure the British engineers need to be kitted out to fight against vehicles early or mid game before they get a snare. Late game, construction of company command post removes this requirement.

Bad idea imo. Things are fine as they are now with UKF Pios. Since they are the only non doc option to cripple a vehicle's engine I don't really see a need to make it harder for them to access this ability. This would basically result in your infantry either getting harassed by LVs in earlygame or having to tech PIATs and getting them on Pios, which takes some time and ressources.

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2020, 06:55 AMKatitof

[...] while balance threads in 95% are being started by whiny 4 digit rank players [...] or theorycrafters who do not remember anymore how units look like, but its cool, because they have stat page opened for each individual one and that's all they base their input on, not having any kind of grip on meta or even reality for years now.

Complaining about 4 rank players and people who do not even know how units look like anymore, while having no rank at all and no game for the last 30 days + is peak irony and hypocrisy for me.
PAGES (6)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight