Login

russian armor

An Old Schooler's Rant and Observations

PAGES (8)down
2 Jul 2020, 13:41 PM

If you actually took a little more time and read what I wrote

Unfortunately, I read everything that you wrote.

My point is just that you're being a bit hypocritical, no?

You're against this guy for "treating people like shit", but at the same time you're doing nothing but raging and pouring hatred and shit on him and everyone else you disagree with, "because they deserved it".

Well, who are you to make that judgement?

This is a discussion forum, the point is literally to share and discuss opinions.
2 Jul 2020, 18:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jul 2020, 13:41 PMEuan

Unfortunately, I read everything that you wrote.

My point is just that you're being a bit hypocritical, no?

You're against this guy for "treating people like shit", but at the same time you're doing nothing but raging and pouring hatred and shit on him and everyone else you disagree with, "because they deserved it".

You may have read everything that I wrote but you clearly didn't understand it despite me explaining it a second time, hopefully third is the charm.

I don't have a problem with anyone who expresses themselves in a open and honest discussion politely even if its a simplistic and ill thought out response.

I made it very clear in the first sentence that I previously have run E-Sport events for many years and it's incredible the level of disrespect people can have for something they don't even pay for run by volunteers because they love doing it for the community. I also clearly had a go at Relic but then offered them praise for finally making and supporting the game so well. They got my money with the brits and now several commanders as well, well deserved. In fact, I would go a lot of further and say they have created the best RTS that has ever been made and by a long way.

I also spoke very highly of the community balance team, I've had a chance to have a chat with Miragefla and a few others and they all seem to grasp what makes a good E-Sport and it clearly shows with win rates and competitiveness in the latest competitions.

Its basic human 101, appreciate those that help you out for free. Basic human 101 is also sticking up for people who deserve it, the community mods. Both of them were deservedly called out for the behavior and the end result was one of them chucking a hissy fit and taking his ball home. The other, was remembered by multiple players here for being a rude little man and how hypocritical he was actually being.

It's people like that who ruin it and make volunteers quit because being treated like a cunt when you are paid for it is bad enough but being treated like a cunt when you are doing it for free just makes people consider giving up and stop volunteering.

It's what I did.
3 Jul 2020, 23:38 PM

Fair enough. I don't know about the incidents you're referring to in your post, but I didn't disagree with any of the points you were raising. I certainly did not disagree with you standing up for the volunteer balance guys. As I said I agree that we should be thankful to them, and that they're generally doing a good job, and that most of the people complaining the loudest don't really understand balance on any high level.

To be honest I just disagreed with the manner in which you presented your points, with a bunch of sweary personal attacks, whereas in my view the OP actually presented his argument in a reasonably polite and respectful manner. Perhaps he was overly critical, but at the very least he provided some useful feedback points (regarding QA and "big picture" balance) which seem perfectly valid to me and hopefully will be helpful to the balance team.

Anyway it doesn't really matter, let's take it to PM if we have anything further to discuss, to avoid cluttering up the thread.
4 Jul 2020, 23:22 PM

Fair point, I'm just stoked that Relic were smart enough to delegate balancing to smart members of the community.

Can't believe how good this game is now, thought I was burned out on Company of Heroes and I'm shocked how a company that could fuck up something so great and turn it all around.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS