Login

russian armor

Mod Release, Design and Live Fixes and Issues

17 Jun 2020, 12:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2020, 11:39 AMKatitof

No, because its a complete overhaul of the game that could have beyond catastrophic effect on the game.
It doesn't take a lot to understand that.

If you like it, sub and play it, but there is a higher chance that your grandkids will live on Mars then this getting in game.

Always subtle and non-contributory, thank you katitof.

~Also it was retorical; because everyone knows the mod-team doesn't make these kind of changes anymore, it doesn't take a lot to understand that.
17 Jun 2020, 12:04 PM

Always subtle and non-contributory, thank you katitof.

~Also it was retorical; because everyone knows the mod-team doesn't make these kind of changes anymore, it doesn't take a lot to understand that.

I know this community well.
Believe me, there is a handful of people here, some even post actively, who would genuinely +1 thinking that's actual next patch and couldn't see anything wrong with it.
17 Jun 2020, 12:23 PM

I do believe most of the changes are well put, others are arguable.
17 Jun 2020, 13:10 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

No, because its a complete overhaul of the game that could have beyond catastrophic effect on the game.

If you like it, sub and play it, but there is a higher chance that your grandkids will live on Mars then this getting in game.

Sure some of this is significant such as the tank health/armor, but many changes really quite small. Some of the big changes have been needed for a long time such as Hammer/Anvil and AEC/Bofors.

UKF
They need a mobile mortar and some form of non-doc late game arty.
The mortar emplacement is no substitute.
They lack early effective infantry support. A non doctrinal M3 is a good fit. While a doctrinal M8 would fit better for UKF than USF
Also, I am against t0 HMGs

OKW
Their Non-doctrinal support and teching has always been held back by the King Tiger. Any adjustments to teching adjusts the king tiger. By moving the King Tiger to doctrines it help releases the burdens and allow more access items and keep some core units as HQs are knocked out. A panther's, volk's, and MG43's role is singular.

USF
The biggest changes where to this faction. A faction should not be limited to basic items such as AT guns hence why I changes the teching to liner. A less drastic change would probably move the AT gun to T0 but require an 'officer' upgrade as well as the mortar. The basic platforms of AT, Indirect, and suppression (fighting position) would be available. Bazooka are not really a replacement for AT.

Ostheer
The teching changes here are mostly timing changes and removing most redundant steps, even with the changes with T2. Ostheer suffers in the initial game. Osttruppen and Assault Grens only have value because of the weak pioneers and no t0 grens. For when most games generally reach all stages, all factions generally have to be able to fight in all stages.

Soviets
Generally well rounded except with t1. This is why my changes are focused here. The change initial units first came about not for early game balance but as in regard to de-promote maxim spam then into any early HMG spam. Maxim spam arrives latter if there is no starting engineer, an indirect nerf to maxim spam.

General
Vehicle abandonment. Should a player be rewarded or punished for simply playing the game as intended? No. This is the same for main gun destroyed and dropped slot items.
Forward retreat points should be available to all to reduce map dependency and increase potential map pool.
Snipers, I have said my peace about them, but in general: They offer no strategic depth to the game. They focus what they can do and not what they can offer.

These are some of the core issues and generally the core of this mod. Everything else generally minor and/or experimental.

17 Jun 2020, 13:22 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Also, update

UKF and Soviet light infantry has undergone some changes to make them for different

Arty auto attacks no longer auto attack units in command sectors

Fixed issues with partisan SMGs and when reinforced and now they will respawn with a random smg. They could have 4 mp 40s at one point, then they could have 5 grease guns.
Partisan cost increased to 270 from 260
Command points required is now 2 from 1.

Fixed an issue where pathfinders reinforce cost was munitions.

Experimental idea:
USF has a causality recovery station that can be built by medics. Each causality recovered provides 15 manpower.

18 Jun 2020, 06:09 AM

The update hurts, but it's for the best. They're stronk and needs to be upped a little.
18 Jun 2020, 11:47 AM

Good changes, many of your ideas are kind of similar to mine... the design changes seem logical.

Funny to see how people like them now, after all the chances for real patches are gone. xD

I hope you get the chance to fix some major fales!

Edit: Maybe you can also change the leIG18, making it a twisted Zis3, some AT options. So e.g. Püppchen can get a doc unit.
18 Jun 2020, 22:22 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

small update

weapon crews, except UKF, now use handguns to properly convey their damage.

Arty auto fire rate of fire reduced

Ostheer's FWD retreat point uses a sire model and off center when activated.

JulianSnow suggested the Ostheer's Armor commander could work around upgrades instead of a OKW varient. I think though I might have gone overboard.

Armor Commander

-Starts as a short barrel P4 with 800 health

-Aura Removed

-2 upgrades available
  • Armored Skirts upgrade
    100 manpower 20 fuel
    Increase health by 160

• Long Barrel Upgrade
    swaps the barrel for a full length barrel
    allows access to a Tungsten Rounds Ability
    100 manpower 20 fuel

-2 Aura Abilities
  • Tungsten Rounds
    Near by Vehicles, including itself, Gain 30% more damage and penetration
    45 second duration
    60 Munitions
    Require Long Barrel Upgrade

• Coordinate Forces
    Near by owned units, not ally and not self, gain 10% Damage resistance
    This ability becomes a passive ability at vet 3
    45 second duration
    45 muntions

18 Jun 2020, 22:30 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Edit: Maybe you can also change the leIG18, making it a twisted Zis3, some AT options. So e.g. Püppchen can get a doc unit.

Probably not right now. OKW needs the Leig as indirect right now.
18 Jun 2020, 22:41 PM

It's quite amusing to read a reply like this after having seen some of the stuff in the game nowadays.
19 Jun 2020, 16:12 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It's quite amusing to read a reply like this after having seen some of the stuff in the game nowadays.

All changes applied outside of the tech faction reworks, still feels like organic changes applied to the game.

This is basically a whole new different game and starting to balance it from 2013. For every 1 good idea or which could be considered implementable in the game, there's like 3 or more that are bigs no or that will never see the green light.
20 Jun 2020, 15:05 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Update on doctrines

Artillery overwatches and other artillery actions that causes a Map Circle now are a slightly darker red to show the difference between them and Airstrikes. Zeroing arty now has a map circle

Encirclement
As much as I love Encirclement. In most situations, it is usable. Originally, the doctrine did not have camouflage and instead it had sprint. This ability was one of the most useful abilities in the game and not map dependent.
Any sort of buff to the concept to of close the pocket in order to make is more applicable can easily make the doctrine overpowered. As much as it pain me, this needs to go.
  • Ambush camouflage no longer has sprint for all doctrines
  • For Encirclement Ambush camouflage is replaced with sprint
    Sprint is available to all infantry units plus mortars and HMGs
    Sprint's duration increased to 10 from 5 to match Fire Up and Oorah.
  • Stormtrooper's camo reverted.
  • Vehicle breakthrough reverted. Cost is 50 munitions and duration increased to 60 from 30.
  • Breaking the supply line now will always kill cashes and neutralize points.
    This will make the ability like throwing a satchel but as a commander ability
    Cost reduced to 50 from 80
  • Close the Pocket is still the Command Panther.

These changes will make the doctrine focused on mobility and the act of cutting off instead as a I win button for when you do cut off the supply line.

Festung Support Lehf 18 replace with sprint
-doctrinal overlap

Anti Infantry Tactics
Anti infantry as mentioned before, this doctrine has a huge number of overlaps with other doctrines. This doctrine has been reworked and is the following.
  • 0cp: Kv1
  • 0cp: Kv8
  • 2cp: Dshk
  • 3cp: Scorched Earth
  • 4cp: Recon

Shock Army
Do I really need to explain?
  • 2cp: 120mm mortar
  • 2cp: shocks
  • 10cp: Red Banner T34-85 tanks
    -2 T34/85s with the red banner skin
    -600 manpower, 250 fuel
  • 12cp: IL-2 Loiter
  • 13cp: Soviet War Machine
    -200 Munitions
    -60 second duration
    -up to 3 lost tanks are replaced with t34/76

Soviet Industry vehicle crew repair replaced with Soviet War Machine
-doctrinal overlap

Non doctrinal changes

Capture points no longer provide sight
Capture points now show their state when captured.

Opel Blitz
-setting up in standard points affects the entire team. Fuel points and munition points only effect the player.
-reduced the income from standard point by half
this because of the fact that opel blitz act both and munition cash and a fuel cashe income.
-sectors are locked down while set up.

20 Jun 2020, 19:43 PM

Probably not right now. OKW needs the Leig as indirect right now.

With current design you are right. But I think it would be a good solution to overwork leIG18, making it a more offensive gun, a real back-bone for OKW. Making it a small AT-tool too to deal bad used light and medium-vehicles.

22 Jun 2020, 07:37 AM

JulianSnow suggested the Ostheer's Armor commander could work around upgrades instead of a OKW varient. I think though I might have gone overboard.

Armor Commander

-Starts as a short barrel P4

The P4 now shoot those little 'lobbing' shots from the StuG E instead of the original short barrel shells, is this intended?
22 Jun 2020, 12:21 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

The P4 now shoot those little 'lobbing' shots from the StuG E instead of the original short barrel shells, is this intended?

Yes. It helps with fighting infantry, landing near for anti infantry support. Additionally it helps convey to players that this is meant to fight infantry rather than vehicles.
23 Jun 2020, 12:32 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Small update

Tweaked infantry sections
With their ability to build sandbags, they have been reworked to be around a target size of 1. They should function similarly to standard volks. This should make A move blobs and units more vulnerable with out access to cover. Their cover bonus is no longer a debuff system and now a buff system. They only gain their cover bonus system when stationary, in cover, and require vet 1. Icons depict this.

Infiltration Commandos
Now spawn out at a full 5 man squad. They temporally gain a damage debuff. After 15 seconds they gain full damage. This is noted by the type of SMG. They start out as un-suppress then gain the suppress.

SturmTiger
Like the AVRE it has been reworked to an auto attack. It still may require adjustments. Range is a staggering 60. Damage is reduced to 240 from 580 and retains suppression/vehicle stun. Fires every 22 seconds and has a hold fire state.

Animations fully working! Sometimes I feel like I am banging my head against the wall.
23 Jun 2020, 12:39 PM

I'm very curious seeing your implementation of the SturmTiger in action.
23 Jun 2020, 12:51 PM

Not everything should auto-fire in this game, why not swap the sturmtiger with a brummbar if that is the result you're looking for?
23 Jun 2020, 13:26 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Not everything should auto-fire in this game, why not swap the sturmtiger with a brummbar if that is the result you're looking for?

I would rather not have more doctrines to use more Ostheer equipment, hence why I replaced the Tiger and 221. And maybe soon, the Ostwind will go.

The current Sturmtiger is not very useful in general. Any buff would be a wipe machine which is not good. While the mod version is alike to the brummbar, the performance is very different. The vehicle stunning is probably first to go.
23 Jun 2020, 13:50 PM

It's your dream of course but I also don't like the auto fire stumtiger. Perhaps altering it's profile so it's OHK is reasonable (something like the various 15cm guns in the game) with a wide AOE that damages and perhaps applies a stun or suppression on infantry. Then it's a blob stopper instead of a simple game changer. It would still require support to do more than force a big retreat.

I just think that an aurofire Sturm would seem silly and oppressive or silly and see as much use as the garbage one we have now post neutering.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS