Login

russian armor

Coutering Axis heavy tanks late game

11 Jun 2020, 19:22 PM

Hello,

I really struggle coutering axis late game. I manage to deal until heavy tanks hit the field : Tiger 1 & 2 can take down 2 pounders facing them, and if it is not enough stukazufuss or panzerwerfer deal with them

The only unit that can face them is the firefly, but it is quite expensive, veryvery fragile and do nothing to infantery.

Moreover, heavy tanks can take down 3vet riflemen units as I try to recap VP. And as Brit do not have zone arty except doctrinal land mattress, I just loose all my 4V4 high intensity late game (and as I make efforts I often get the most damage infliged).
I want to specify that on most 4V4 maps (redball, whiteball...) flanking is not an option as the whole front is hold. Steppes is an exception.

Any solutions?
14 Jun 2020, 20:02 PM

Are you going comet or churchill for late game?

Ideally you want to get a firefly paired with a comet or churchill and some infantry to soak damage. The firefly is weak when unsupported but very strong when supported. The strengths of the firefly is its long range, strong gun and tulip rockets.

Your firefly should never be engaged in front line combat. You should leave that to your infantry in trenches or your damage soak tank. Don't forget that as a TD tank, the firefly has 60 range instead of the usual 45 on most tanks. The gun is a 17pdr (same one on the emplacement) so it does 200 damage instead of the 160 on most tanks although it does fire slower.

The tulip rockets while they do cost a lot to setup and fire, helps the firefly win or at least push back any tank in 1v1. Each tulip rocket does 120 damage for a total of 240 damage.

Royal engi's have access to *good* mines so make sure to be spamming them in your territory so if your enemy pushes, they run into mines.
14 Jun 2020, 20:55 PM

As USF and Soviets its quite straight forward: Jackson/SU85(s)

As Brits its trickier, since non-tulip FF sucks, but still, a combo of that with 6pndr or two should help

Stay at max range and be aware of surrounding units, like inf and enemy ATGs

Also, if you somehow have a good map where u could squeeze 17pndr and opponent isnt exactly spammin indirect fire, go for it. Its underrated AF
14 Jun 2020, 22:54 PM
Donator 11

Putting Command Aura on the AEC turns your Firefly into a machinegun, meaning you only need to build one. I find it very helpful in 2v2 and above.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS