Login

russian armor

Adjusted commander portraits

8 Jun 2020, 15:57 PM

With changes or without them a great piece of work - again :)
8 Jun 2020, 16:05 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2020, 13:19 PMBaba
can you please remove the stupid monocle?
hes wearing a camouflaged field uniform + combat helmet
the monocle aint got no place there

same with the guys wearing sunglasses

What about giving the strategic reserves one a helmet? I think the helmet from jaeger infantry might look cool but any will work really

We definetly not changing faces, and trying to avoid changing type the hats. That's why changing from officer hat to helmet is not the best option here.

I absolutely love these. I have one suggestion though. Maybe give all the deticated osttruppen commanders (ostruppen, defensive commander) the white winter smock like mobile defense? It would give them a unified theme.

Defensive doctrine already has poncho as pak 43 commander, but we are thinking to give some asset to highlight the ostruppen doctrines, thank you for the feedback!

Awesome work!

Minor feedback, this icon has very dark eyes.

This one for example has better contrast while having a similar helmet.

You are right, will update it later!

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2020, 14:37 PMVipper

Great work as always.

Imo:

luft hat a bit too glossy.
Luftwaffen-Splittertarnmuster poncho again a bit too glossy and green in "raindrops pattern" a touch too bright, the color was rather dull in real life.

The black stripe in yager infatry a bit too strong too maybe grey down a bit.

Agreed on luft commanders, we will continue the work on them and their uniquness in possible ways. Can't say anything about grens coat colors, but desaturation should be the right solution here.

The Ostheer portraits look great, though I think the Tiger Ace and Luftwaffe commanders really need some distinct features to tell them apart as they look almost identical (especially in the small versions). I'd say keep the uniform and collar markings but give them different headwear.

The second Luftwaffe commander could have a Luftwaffe Field Cap (blue field cap) and the Strategic Reserves commander could have a Stahlhelm or something.

Well, we are folowing the restrictions to save some chances to get these portraits in the game. They incluse:
1. Not touching the face
2. Not touching the hat
3. Not touching the unique commanders (except the location on the portrait and very-very small adjustments)
4. Saving the original concept of commanders if it's possible.
We allowed ourself to replace hat on the same type (like helmet on helmet or cap on cap) with better quality, but not changing the type of the hat (except soviet armored assault). If we have more imformation about what we could or not to change - it will be very helpful and open new areas for work.

Personally i don't mind to make these changes.

Secondly, I think the Tiger commanders could get a better represented distinct armor theme.

I think this uniform of one of the Infantry / Support commanders:

is actually the German tank crew uniform (see below) rather than the black coat and I think it would suit the Tiger commanders a lot better.

Indeed it is, it has it due to Command Panzer IV and smoke, like other commanders with Command Panzer IV. He is support commander and wasn't added to the previous cathegories because he doesn't have Tiger/Pak 43 or Elefant.

Our choice of the assets was also based on the idea, that all commanders with ability should have it. Like all commanders with panzer iv have neck microphone, all commanders with officer/jaeger officer squad have cross on the shirt and etc. We still have some small mistkaes to fix.

My suggestion would be to use this uniform for all the Tiger commanders and switch the black coat to the infantry/support commander. Then switch the Panzer headphones from the Elefant commanders to two of the Tiger commanders because it'd suit the armor theme better, and switch the two Stahlhelm ones to black field caps (used by tank crews).

Like this:

And then obviously figure out something new for the Elefant commanders.

Probably we will try to apply this somehow, but i need to discuss it with Kasarov before making any changes. Thank you for your feedback!
8 Jun 2020, 16:11 PM

Another idea, give the G43-interogation commanders a Cross also? Or some other identifying feature? This also make elite troops (cross) differ from strategic reserves (no cross). On another note, the first 2 of the infantry/support commanders look very similar, maybe they should be tweaked.
8 Jun 2020, 17:11 PM

I agree with sanders those coats look more like high officer coats and less like panzer personnel maybe use those coats for arty/infatry commanders?
8 Jun 2020, 22:50 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

The German commanders were a lot more difficult to incorporate themes or consistency than the Soviet commanders as they are less focused on a particular elite infantry (like Shocks or Guards), instead focused upon many other late game choices while at the same time have fewer vanilla assets that we can mix and match from.

In order to partially address this issue, I've commissioned our wonderful RitaRush to paint us some additional assets, but she hasn't finished them yet. We will definitely revisit these commanders once we have more toys to play with!
9 Jun 2020, 02:12 AM

Don't think many panzer crews would be wearing a standard german steel helmet, but I think the others were nice.
9 Jun 2020, 06:36 AM

The German commanders were a lot more difficult to incorporate themes or consistency than the Soviet commanders as they are less focused on a particular elite infantry (like Shocks or Guards), instead focused upon many other late game choices while at the same time have fewer vanilla assets that we can mix and match from.

In order to partially address this issue, I've commissioned our wonderful RitaRush to paint us some additional assets, but she hasn't finished them yet. We will definitely revisit these commanders once we have more toys to play with!

Great news,
Cheers to Rita.
10 Jun 2020, 11:54 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

This time we ajusted British and American commanders. They were mainly fine, but we made minor changes for vanilla commanders and tried to make very new commanders be more in line with them.

USF

British forces

This faction has the least number of issues with commanders, except the last three commanders.

Next step - ajustments of already posted commanders, based on your feedback. And no, we don't forget about OKW :)
10 Jun 2020, 12:01 PM

Really like most changes and especially ubran that I dislike in live:
Imo USF reckon commander slightly more warmer color, slightly less shadow from helmet
Elite armor slightly less red color

UKF commander they also look nice

Lend lease seem to have improved (I do not like him in live) maybe reduce the slightly the sades in the cheeks.
10 Jun 2020, 13:19 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2020, 12:01 PMVipper

Really like most changes and especially ubran that I dislike in live:
Imo USF reckon commander slightly more warmer color, slightly less shadow from helmet
Elite armor slightly less red color

UKF commander they also look nice

Lend lease seem to have improved (I do not like him in live) maybe reduce the slightly the sades in the cheeks.

The recon commander is completely vanilla, as is mechanized and UKF artillery, positioned for comparison with related commanders.

I have plans to touch up on the Lend Lease commander already that should help make the commander more in-line with others, although not exactly in the way you suggested. I plan on adding shadow to the (our) left side of his nose and brighten his face up.

Glad to hear you like Urban Assault. I was worried at first that the changes wouldn't be enough tbh, but it seems that our small tweaks helped :)

While we're waiting for Rita's miracles, we will revisit colors (specifically Soviets to match WFA) and tweak minor details here and there. We will revisit OKH and do OKW as soon as we have some new assets to work with.
10 Jun 2020, 13:35 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

The new Mobile Assault Regiment looks a bit blurry compared to the old one, is that intended?
live new
10 Jun 2020, 17:12 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

The new Mobile Assault Regiment looks a bit blurry compared to the old one, is that intended?
live new

It was intended to make it less sharp, but not drastically. Do you think it was to much?
10 Jun 2020, 17:35 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

It was intended to make it less sharp, but not drastically. Do you think it was to much?

The eyebrows and maybe the eyes can be a bit sharper, but I agree the original is over-sharpened.
10 Jun 2020, 21:02 PM

Urban Assault looks so much better now that his head is placed properly into a picture, still an ugly mofo, but more usable now.
11 Jun 2020, 10:03 AM

Amazing work, can't wait for OKW. That USF Airborne Commander has seen some shit
14 Jun 2020, 09:46 AM

i wish we could get some new community doctrines with the unused commander faces..
14 Jun 2020, 09:58 AM

Are these being added to the game?
14 Jun 2020, 10:16 AM

the guy on the bottom left looks like he had a couple of rough days
14 Jun 2020, 10:39 AM

Are these being added to the game?

Probably not, but I'd certainly hope they are. These guys have done a fantastic job; sadly, this sort of modding is fairly pointless as frontend mods (showing modded content in the lobby) are not possible in CoH2, so the only way for this work to get much use/recognition is for it to be patched into the game.

Looking forward to the OkW guys!
27 Jun 2020, 14:26 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

We changed the plan a little bit and present...OKW!

Tank destroyer commanders

OKW has two commanders based on fighting with heavy tanks. Following the design of Ostheer commanders (poncho for tank destroyers, binoculars for artillery commanders, knight cross for commanders with officier), we adjusted two OKW commanders. Our thanks goes to RitaRush for her help.

Jaeger commanders

These commanders are in line with Ostheer Jaeger commander, but with OKW assets. As before, commander with artillery has binoculars.

Obers commanders

There is two commanders, based on command tanks, obersoldaten upgrades and some other "elite" upgrades. That's why we decided to give them SS oak leaf panzer jacket (without any SS insignia of course). By the way, we couldn't decide on which version of Grand Offesive commander should be used, that's why we post two variants - with original angle and adjusted one (match with other commanders).
Special thanks goes to RitaRush for amazing assets for these commanders.

Unique/untouched commanders

These commanders remain their original assets, we only adjusted their location, and add some additional assets for Elite Armor doctrine. Feuerstorm doctrine didn't get any updated for main version of the portrait.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★