Login

russian armor

Two molotovs in the same spot?

1 Jun 2020, 09:27 AM

It is already burning, will a second molotov in the same spot increase damage made?
1 Jun 2020, 11:33 AM

1 Jun 2020, 11:59 AM

Molotovs have a small burst of damage on impact, which has a fairly good chance of dealing a flame crit effect, instantly killing one or two models if hitting them square on. It's why some people toss twice in the same spot if the targetted squad fails to move away.

That said, it's a molotov, a fairly telegraphed attack that should be easily avoided so long as the commander is paying attention.
1 Jun 2020, 12:03 PM

i am a man of science so here, nothing you couldnt have done yourself

1 Jun 2020, 12:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2020, 12:03 PMBaba

Oh! I never knew the DoT also gets doubled. Thank you. I learned something.
1 Jun 2020, 12:16 PM

Molotovs have a small burst of damage on impact, which has a fairly good chance of dealing a flame crit effect, instantly killing one or two models if hitting them square on. It's why some people toss twice in the same spot if the targetted squad fails to move away.

That said, it's a molotov, a fairly telegraphed attack that should be easily avoided so long as the commander is paying attention.

molotovs do not kill with critical kills. They kill with damage.
1 Jun 2020, 12:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2020, 12:16 PMVipper

molotovs do not kill with critical kills. They kill with damage.

What he means is that sometimes a model will instantly burst into flames, run around screaming and die in agony
1 Jun 2020, 12:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2020, 12:17 PMBaba

What he means is that sometimes a model will instantly burst into flames, run around screaming and die in agony

It won't for couple of years now.
1 Jun 2020, 12:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2020, 12:17 PMBaba

It might but that is not a death by critical.

Flame damage used to be able to kill with critical kills even full health model, it can not any more.
1 Jun 2020, 12:37 PM

Goes to show that I have a lot more to learn. Thanks for keeping me informed.
1 Jun 2020, 12:41 PM

Goes to show that I have a lot more to learn. Thanks for keeping me informed.

You are welcomed. The forum should be a place where someone can learn things.
1 Jun 2020, 18:02 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2020, 12:03 PMBaba

Good that you test it, but you did it in the wrong way.

You threw 2 molotovs to 2 different places.

Grenades against buildings have 2 components. The AoE of the grenade itself (which is why you should aim it towards the highest concentration of models) and the dmg which will apply to all models disregarding where they are.
1 Jun 2020, 18:08 PM

i did the test 3 times
one time in each of the houses in the corners (they are the same) and the last with the copy pasted houses in the middle

they all turned out the same. it also matches what i usually get to see in real matches where noone aimes at "highest concentration of models"
i saw, that one molo entered a window while the others smashed against the walls. in the other tests, they all hit the walls, didnt make a difference

i also tested it on Osttruppen behind Cons- build sandbags, pretty much the same as with buildings

dont think i did it wrong
i have the footage of it should you really demand it
1 Jun 2020, 18:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2020, 18:08 PMBaba
i did the test 3 times
one time in each of the houses in the corners (they are the same) and the last with the copy pasted houses in the middle

they all turned out the same. it also matches what i usually get to see in real matches where noone aimes at "highest concentration of models"
i saw, that one molo entered a window while the others smashed against the walls. in the other tests, they all hit the walls, didnt make a difference

i also tested it on Osttruppen behind Cons- build sandbags, pretty much the same as with buildings

dont think i did it wrong
i have the footage of it should you really demand it

2 different things:

1- Iwas under the impression and might be wrong, that the explosion from molotovs did minimal dmg but followed the same rules as other grenades with drop off dmg. If that is not the case then it makes absolutely no difference against buildings.

2- If you are not aiming your grenades, you are doing it wrong. There are 2 components applying when hitting a garrison. The normal AoE of a grenade applies as if they were outside, but the far dmg applies to all models inside a garrison, disregarding how far away they are from the explosion.
1 Jun 2020, 19:02 PM

I'm pretty sure molotov damage ticks stack. For example I've sometimes thrown triple molotovs at an MG bunker which will gib it from full health. (An actually cost effective trade / on the fly bunker counter if you ignore the tech cost of molotov and the general meh:ness of it)
1 Jun 2020, 19:06 PM

2- If you are not aiming your grenades, you are doing it wrong. There are 2 components applying when hitting a garrison. The normal AoE of a grenade applies as if they were outside, but the far dmg applies to all models inside a garrison, disregarding how far away they are from the explosion.

hmmmmm

1 Jun 2020, 19:15 PM

After the first molotov, the second has way more impact damage against units already affected by fire.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS