Login

russian armor

NKVD Anti-Tank Artillery

Does the NKVD's Anti Tank Artillery need to be buffed?
Option Distribution Votes
22%
78%
Total votes: 46
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
30 May 2020, 10:13 AM

Is it just me, or is this ability just useless. To do anything resembling damage a tank needs to be completely stationary for 20 seconds in the barrage. It doesnt area deny because tanks can reliably avoid being hit by just moving; that thing that tanks do. I don't think it should be the level it was when the doctrine was originally revamped where a heavy at its center was just dead. But, if an engine damaged KT can safely crawl out of the center of it with full sight, with minimal damage, it's hard to justify ever picking the doctrine. The tactical utility of the NKVD officer doesnt make up for the fact that if the game lasts longer than 30 min, it's already over for you.

Imo either it's ability to follow targets should be improved, or the initial delay should be reduced. Or, increase its cost and turn it into the zeroing artillery for tanks it should be: actually deadly if you stay in it.
30 May 2020, 10:18 AM

No one can answer this question, because no one who wants to win a game uses this doctrine.

Also, do you have a problem with this doctrine as a whole or just the ability?
Because if its the 1st, then arty is not core problem here.
30 May 2020, 10:48 AM

this doctrine is actually pretty good. It has nkvd officer which can be used as heal so you can keep the pressure on. Radio and kv8 is alyways nice to have and the at overwatch is tricky to use but can take out any snared tank if vision is provided

I use it all the time :D espacially since the heavys nerf
30 May 2020, 10:49 AM

Try combining it with ram
30 May 2020, 10:54 AM

I've seen some penal blobs with this commander, the comisar provide propaganda against MG, and the Anty-tank overwatch has nearly no delay before the shells fall
30 May 2020, 11:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2020, 10:18 AMKatitof
No one can answer this question, because no one who wants to win a game uses this doctrine.

Also, do you have a problem with this doctrine as a whole or just the ability?
Because if its the 1st, then arty is not core problem here.

Im just mildly salty that a revamped commander designed to make it more viable did basically nothing. Its not even a meme tier commander. I personally think the ability is what keeps the doctrine as a whole from being remotely usable. the other abilities range from very strong, to nice to have, and the arti is what should keep it not complete trash in the late game.
30 May 2020, 11:10 AM

I've seen some penal blobs with this commander, the comissar provide propaganda against MG, and the Anti-tank overwatch has nearly no delay before the shells fall

Penal blobs haven't been convincingly scary in years. "Oh no you bleed even more than your opponent now, and Rocket arti will keep you in your base perma reinforcing". They hit like a truck in the early game, albiet with much lower field presence than going T2, but drop off very fast.
Perhaps delay was the wrong wording. It fires painfully slow to start, which might as well be a delay. Its like the US rocket loiter in paratroopers, without the amazing other abilities to somewhat justify its mediocre performance.
30 May 2020, 11:20 AM

Yes buff one of the most broken off maps in the game.
30 May 2020, 11:32 AM

It's pretty good area denial in 4v4 late games.
30 May 2020, 11:36 AM

Im just mildly salty that a revamped commander designed to make it more viable did basically nothing. Its not even a meme tier commander. I personally think the ability is what keeps the doctrine as a whole from being remotely usable. the other abilities range from very strong, to nice to have, and the arti is what should keep it not complete trash in the late game.

That is because there are commander that are more powerful.

And that is why commander revamp should focus on bringing commander at similar power level starting from the more powerful ones.
30 May 2020, 14:49 PM

Penal blobs haven't been convincingly scary in years. "Oh no you bleed even more than your opponent now, and Rocket arti will keep you in your base perma reinforcing". They hit like a truck in the early game, albiet with much lower field presence than going T2, but drop off very fast.
Perhaps delay was the wrong wording. It fires painfully slow to start, which might as well be a delay. Its like the US rocket loiter in paratroopers, without the amazing other abilities to somewhat justify its mediocre performance.

By delay I mean that the shot is fast enough to hit at least heavy tank. As for the penals blobl, I haven't tried it myself, maybe i will find some replay for u
30 May 2020, 16:17 PM

I think the penetration of the arty shells which were nerfed might need to be increased for this ability. If we compare this with other arty abilities with a similar cost I think I will hands down always choose assault artillery and zero over this. Why? Because one, you need constant sight and second, it is only geared towards tanks and doesn't hit hard like it used to. I mean if it is doing nothing to infantry it should bring something more against tanks if we compare it with zero's performance against tanks.
30 May 2020, 17:24 PM

Dont forget that these things arent even supposed to kill a stuff that trying to move away, just force the enemy to leave the area

30 May 2020, 17:38 PM

From my experience spending 19 T-34s in a 4v4 game, a ram + overwatch doesn't guarantee a kill on superheavies unlike il-2 bomb strikes, which is fine considering it can target multiple units at once.
30 May 2020, 18:06 PM

This ability is already really strong, definitely does not need buffing

It's not just on NKVD btw it's also on Defensive Tactics
30 May 2020, 18:07 PM

This ability is already really strong, definitely does not need buffing

It's not just on NKVD btw it's also on Defensive Tactics

another gem in the soviet arsenal
30 May 2020, 18:19 PM

Is it just me, or is this ability just useless.

Just you and 4 other poll voters who are either rank 5000 soviet or were too tired and misclicked their answer
30 May 2020, 18:30 PM

this doctrine is actually pretty good. It has nkvd officer which can be used as heal so you can keep the pressure on. Radio and kv8 is alyways nice to have and the at overwatch is tricky to use but can take out any snared tank if vision is provided

I use it all the time :D espacially since the heavys nerf

You are the master of this ability. Maybe others need to watch you fry enemy tanks and then see if it is UP or OP.
30 May 2020, 19:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2020, 18:07 PMBaba

another gem in the soviet arsenal

tbh its not BAD now like it was, it aint great but it is at least useable after getting the att overwatch and the buffed 45mm. only real weak point is the 120mm being inefficient
30 May 2020, 20:32 PM

tbh its not BAD now like it was, it aint great but it is at least useable after getting the att overwatch and the buffed 45mm. only real weak point is the 120mm being inefficient

even if its not the most efficient, its fun to use.. at times
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS