Login

russian armor

Suggestion: Conscript side teching

29 May 2020, 18:28 PM

I had this idea a while back that compares conscripts with riflemen and IS.
It is true that SU came up first to CoH2 and later on western front forces were added, therefore some designs were simply copied or heritaged. We all see that IS and Rifles have the same side tech upgrade logic. But on conscripts it feels odd, i mean they are not as strong in early game as the other two mainlines, therefore charging conscripts a pricey tag for their upgrades is extra unfair and unfun when the SU design premise is versatility and durability.

I though what if conscripts upgrades were bounded to T1 and T2 buildings rather than the side techs. T1-T2 prices keep being the same, so its an overall buff to conscripts in terms of resources but its a change in how SU players adapt with the tech tree.

So my first suggestion is simply bind T1 to molos and T2 to AT grenades. Pretty straightfordward.

I might consider opening another thread but T3 - 7man cons its too unconvenient compared to simply going T4, i am not completely sure but if 7 man cons upgrades were to be bound to T1-T2-T3 altogether instead of T4 the tech tree promotes the player to play with higher variety of early units that will pump upgrades into the mainline infantry. This kind of design should be worth discussing, at least from an ideal start and bring it down to a more realistic and balance implementation.

Anyways i hope you can share your thoughs about it and maybe correct me if im wrong or suggest an even better idea.
29 May 2020, 18:42 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

This is essentially a nerf to their teching because you don't usually want T1 with conscripts unless you're going sniper.

People have mentioned before that they should just merge the molotov and AT grenade upgrade instead of 2 separate upgrades and determine a price from there.
29 May 2020, 18:51 PM

I agree that T1 is an anchor that essentially sits back any cons heavy build.
I though for it for a second, but i didnt want to censor myself. Thanks for the point ShadowlinkX37

P.S. Merging molos an AT sound interesting too
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS