Login

russian armor

Ostheer bonuses to BP3

29 May 2020, 14:53 PM

Currently the bonuses require one to build T4, imo it make Ostheer tech allot more viable if the bonuses where moved to BP3 instead of of the T4 or even if one had unlock them separately in similar way at 7th men upgrade.

The icon and explanation could be move to T0 building.
29 May 2020, 14:56 PM

People have complained T4 tech is not worth it, so it was made worthwhile.
T3 does not need any more buffs.

But you can have it as a side upgrade for 250mp and 45 fuel as that's around what soviets need to pay for T3 7th man total.
29 May 2020, 15:30 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Would that not feed into the power creep that you are usually complaining about?
Allied factions got buffed, OST fell behind, OST T4 got buffed, now you suggest moving it to T3 which might cause Allied buffs again to counter the earlier spike etc etc.

I think the upgrade at the moment is in a good position. OST has an amazing T3 line up and is absolutely on par to other factions by the time T3 comes out. They lacked a bit in the late game, which was countered by buffs to their late game tier. No need to buff the mid game though, at least from my experience (to be fair though I have not found the time for excessive CoH2 sessions, but I think I still got a decent impression of how OST works now)
29 May 2020, 15:51 PM

Would that not feed into the power creep that you are usually complaining about?
Allied factions got buffed, OST fell behind, OST T4 got buffed, now you suggest moving it to T3 which might cause Allied buffs again to counter the earlier spike etc etc.

I did not suggest it should be move to T3 building but to BP3.

As for power creep it seem the MOD team is determined to keep having it.

I think the upgrade at the moment is in a good position. OST has an amazing T3 line up and is absolutely on par to other factions by the time T3 comes out. They lacked a bit in the late game, which was countered by buffs to their late game tier. No need to buff the mid game though, at least from my experience (to be fair though I have not found the time for excessive CoH2 sessions, but I think I still got a decent impression of how OST works now)

The moving into BP instead of a building increases flexibility a lot, currently Ostheer are almost forced to build all buildings if not using a commander unlike other faction.
29 May 2020, 16:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Oh sorry, my misread there.

It would still come earlier, even if it is mostly for the build time of the structure.
29 May 2020, 16:42 PM

Oh sorry, my misread there.

It would still come earlier, even if it is mostly for the build time of the structure.

No problem it happens.

If the timing is the issue simply increase the BP3 research time.
29 May 2020, 17:09 PM

The bonus exists to make T4 and its units more attractive to tech towards, moving it to BP3 would just encourage people to keep pumping out T3 units (with BP3 teched). At least, that's how I see it.
29 May 2020, 17:13 PM

The bonus exists to make T4 and its units more attractive to tech towards, moving it to BP3 would just encourage people to keep pumping out T3 units (with BP3 teched). At least, that's how I see it.

The bonus does not make T4 more attractive since it does not effect them. It makes building T4 more attractive.

The exact same thing could be said for Soviet and 7th conscript upgrade but Soviet also get the option to get only the upgrade which is similar to BP3.
29 May 2020, 17:49 PM

29 May 2020, 17:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2020, 17:13 PMVipper
The exact same thing could be said for Soviet and 7th conscript upgrade but Soviet also get the option to get only the upgrade which is similar to BP3.

No, its not.
In fact, it couldn't be less similar if it tried to.

It requires BOTH T0 con side upgrades and then investment into additional side upgrade at T3, that cost does NOT make transitioning to T4 any cheaper, its additional side cost exclusively into one, single unit.

Ost upgrade is incomparably broader, affecting multiple units and battle phases are NOT side upgrades.

BPs couldn't be more different to side upgrades with side upgrade pre-requirements.
29 May 2020, 18:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2020, 17:55 PMKatitof

No, its not.
In fact, it couldn't be less similar if it tried to.

It requires BOTH T0 con side upgrades and then investment into additional side upgrade at T3, that cost does NOT make transitioning to T4 any cheaper, its additional side cost exclusively into one, single unit.

Ost upgrade is incomparably broader, affecting multiple units and battle phases are NOT side upgrades.

BPs couldn't be more different to side upgrades with side upgrade pre-requirements.

No matter how much spin you want to put on it BP is tech.

Currently BP3 provides very little to no benefit.
29 May 2020, 18:41 PM

I understand vippers perspective, so i might elaborate myself.

There is no point of making the building of OST T4 the source of the infantry buffs when all the other tech related upgrades to infantry are bounded to the Battle Phases, see grens and ostruppen lmg, as examples.
Therefore the point is to softly buff OST with simply moving the bonuses to BP3 rather than building T4 itself, mostly because the building demands a Pio squad in base and takes a lot of time on the most important OST timestamp, middlegame.

I sincerely dont know if it can be modded or implemented because putting those bonuses to a building sounded pretty complicated.

I agree with vipper that makes no harm at all on putting the infantry bonuses on the BP rather the building
29 May 2020, 19:05 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

snip

Faust is still bound by T1 or T2.

While i wouldn't mind to change it to work like this (when considering how tech cost are at the moment) i don't see it a reason to change it at all.
29 May 2020, 23:43 PM

I think allowing Ostheer to upgrade the 5-man upgrade from German Infantry non-doctrinally from either Tier 4 or BP3 would be a nice addition. If you want the upgrade much earlier at 2 CP you have to go for the commander instead. But then you keep buffing powercreep which is partially why Grens struggle in the first place.
30 May 2020, 07:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2020, 23:43 PMClarity
I think allowing Ostheer to upgrade the 5-man upgrade from German Infantry non-doctrinally from either Tier 4 or BP3 would be a nice addition. If you want the upgrade much earlier at 2 CP you have to go for the commander instead. But then you keep buffing powercreep which is partially why Grens struggle in the first place.

That's as likely as expecting Relic to add another faction to the game.
30 May 2020, 20:54 PM

what exactly are the bonuses you get?
30 May 2020, 22:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2020, 20:54 PMBaba
what exactly are the bonuses you get?

Heavy Panzer Korps

In an attempt to increase the power of Ostheer's late game without increasing the power of its units, we are giving the structure a passive bonus for the army. This will reward players for teching to T4 and allow Ostheer to be more aggressive by reducing the bleed on core infantry units. The increased capture speed should also allow Ostheer players to retake sections of the map more quickly in the late game.

Now reduces the reinforce cost of Pioneers, Grenadiers, and Osttruppen by 2
Reduces the reinforce cost of all team weapons by 10%
Increases the capture and decapture rate of all Ostheer infantry units by 25% 10%
30 May 2020, 22:27 PM

ah, good to know. thanks
so rushing brumbär is even more rewarding than i thought :)
cant remember the last time i built t3
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS