Login

russian armor

Why must the mainline USF infantry cost so much?

19 May 2020, 04:09 AM
Donator 11

The USF in my opinion... Bleed manpower like crazy, sure it's infantry is good close range but does it rly deserve the high cost that it currently has for its mainline infantry

I can't be the be the only one questioning this, why is it seriously so expensive
280mp for a rifle with 28mp reinforce
200mp for a RE with a 25 reinforce.

I propose a discussion, should USF maineline be cheaper, should it's performance go down to compensate or should we keep the same price yet increase some vet...I'd like some thoughts.

TLDR: USF bleeds more than it should for cost of its mainline, should it be reduced or should performance be increased.
19 May 2020, 04:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2020, 04:09 AMMittens
The USF in my opinion... Bleed manpower like crazy, sure it's infantry is good close range but does it rly deserve the high cost that it currently has for its mainline infantry

I can't be the be the only one questioning this, why is it seriously so expensive

I propose a discussion, should USF maineline be cheaper, should it's performance go down to compensate or should we keep the same price yet increase some vet...I'd like some thoughts.

TLDR: USF bleeds more than it should for cost of its mainline, should it be reduced or should performance be increased.

All mainline infantry uses this formula to calculate its reinforce cost:

Cost / 2 / # of squad members.

Note: Infantry sections’ cost is calculated as if they have bolster

Rifles perform well for their cost after their recent buff.
19 May 2020, 05:36 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

All mainline infantry uses this formula to calculate its reinforce cost:

Cost / 2 / # of squad members.

Note: Infantry sections’ cost is calculated as if they have bolster

Rifles perform well for their cost after their recent buff.

*Used to.

Volks, upgraded Conscripts, and T4 Ostheer infantry immediately come to mind, but there are other earlier examples (stock pgrens I think)
19 May 2020, 07:02 AM

Axis OP.

I charged my Riflemen across red cover vs Volks in sandbags and only barely won the fight.

Worse still, I charged into an MG42 headfirst with my Riflemen and lost the engagement.

With the IS buff, USF no longer has the strongest, most cost-efficient mainline. This is made worse by getting free officer squads with teching, which results in less MP income. Something needs to be done about this.
19 May 2020, 15:25 PM

Axis OP.

I charged my Riflemen across red cover vs Volks in sandbags and only barely won the fight.

Worse still, I charged into an MG42 headfirst with my Riflemen and lost the engagement.

With the IS buff, USF no longer has the strongest, most cost-efficient mainline. This is made worse by getting free officer squads with teching, which results in less MP income. Something needs to be done about this.

I hear vehicle crews are also a huge problem as you can only repair with them if you take them OUT of the vehicle. Imagine if Ostheer was saddled with this burden.
19 May 2020, 19:07 PM

OP:
I understand your statement, seriously. Riflemen are not cheap, clearly.
I might point out that the riflemen design is something like a early available infantry that will scale up pretty well to lategame, meaning that the player have to focus on preservation as core strategy. Wich sounds logical.
As a counter example OKW volks (IMHO scale too well, too much i mean) should be soon or later be replaced by obersoldaten (even though ober have no snare) because time wise volks should stop being reliable at some point between mid game and late game. Its a design perspective balance.

So, riflemen cost reflect some of that design, its harsh economically in early game but you are guaranteed to have better infantry along the match if you keep the squad alive. Other have combinations of squads or have the squads locked until later stages of the game. Pre-pgren patch, were a good example of tool denyal for OST. UKF IS have a similar design but they have no snare, putting them between elite infantry and mainline infantry, bolster is the only reason they are bleed cost effective.
19 May 2020, 19:12 PM

If Riflemen are expensive, what does that make Grenadiers?
19 May 2020, 19:28 PM

19 May 2020, 21:06 PM

because the< have 5 men, wehr dont /thread
19 May 2020, 21:48 PM

ok. 5 models rifles cost 280mp. means 56mp per model
grens cost 240 mp for 4models. means 60mp per model.

SO: grens are more expansive than rifles
19 May 2020, 22:29 PM

Could maybe convince me that 25 mp for RE reinforce is too much, but I think everything else is fine

Grens are not more expensive than Riflemen. Slightly more to reinforce yes, but they also aren't designed to run straight at their target. Whatever problems grens have, it's not cost
19 May 2020, 22:30 PM

ok. 5 models rifles cost 280mp. means 56mp per model
grens cost 240 mp for 4models. means 60mp per model.

SO: grens are more expansive than rifles

What's higher? 3 times 30 or 4 times 28?
Take all time you need to do the math. Don't confuse it with meth this time.
19 May 2020, 22:34 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Could maybe convince me that 25 mp for RE reinforce is too much, but I think everything else is fine

Grens are not more expensive than Riflemen. Slightly more to reinforce yes, but they also aren't designed to run straight at their target. Whatever problems grens have, it's not cost

With 2 weapon slots, there's no way that RE will ever be lower to reinforce than 25mp.
19 May 2020, 22:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2020, 22:30 PMKatitof

Could say the same thing about HP-pool: 4x80 vs. 5x80.
19 May 2020, 22:46 PM

Could say the same thing about HP-pool: 4x80 vs. 5x80.

Actually, grens have higher EHP then rifles vs small arms. 7% higher I believe?
19 May 2020, 23:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2020, 22:46 PMKatitof
Actually, grens have higher EHP then rifles vs small arms. 7% higher I believe?

Vet 0 and Vet 1 (no defensive bonuses)
Grens: 4x80/0.91 = 351.65 ehp
Rifles: 5x80/0.97 = 412.37 ehp

Rifles have 17.26% more ehp

Rifles Vet 2 (-23% RA): 5x80/(0.97/1.23) = 507.22 ehp
Grens Vet 2: same as vet 1, since there's no defensive bonuses = 351.65 ehp

Rifles have 44.2% more ehp

Rifles Vet 3 (-23% and -15% RA): 5x80/((0.97/1.23)/1.15) = 583.3 ehp
Grens vet 3 (-20% DR): 4x80/0.91x1.2 = 421.98 ehp

Rifles have 38.23% more ehp
20 May 2020, 00:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2020, 22:30 PMKatitof

If anyone is trading 4 rifle models for 3 gren models he's getting outplayed hard.
20 May 2020, 00:56 AM

With 2 weapon slots, there's no way that RE will ever be lower to reinforce than 25mp.

Yeah thats true I guess. Thats my thing though you need to double equip them for it to be worth that. Otherwise 25mp is crazy for what they give you

Unrelated, I think they should really make the sweeper take up a weapon slot on Royals and Rears. Don't understand why you can have 2 zooks/piats and a sweeper
20 May 2020, 00:57 AM

As a counter example OKW volks (IMHO scale too well, too much i mean) should be soon or later be replaced by obersoldaten (even though ober have no snare) because time wise volks should stop being reliable at some point between mid game and late game. Its a design perspective balance.

Strongly disagree with this. Main reason would be volk is cheap to reinforce, and bigger squad size help them to stay alive.

In a match, you don't need an elite damage dealer, you need good number of affordable and reliable infantry to stay presence at everywhere in the battlefield. The rest is placing them at tactical position to give advantage against enemy.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★