Login

russian armor

The power of Panzerfussilier

17 May 2020, 19:18 PM

How to counter them ? How to defeat them ?

I am sovietic and my conscrit are decimated by this big army with long rifles.
17 May 2020, 21:28 PM

They're still 1 unit size infantry at the end of the day and at vet I, your cons are about as durable as they are at vet I.

If they blob - use MGs

CQC infantry can be devastating to them, their G43s are a weaker version of the OST G43s

Do not get tangled down in shootouts between cover to cover. These are environments where they exceed in part due to that +40% accuracy at vet II.

17 May 2020, 21:40 PM

-guards
-shocks
17 May 2020, 23:02 PM

-guards
-shocks

Penal/sniper. Fighting at rangr/from cover. Elite infantry and/or Soviet team weapon will hurt them pretty good... There is no 1 solution but adjusting you strategy that is required.
18 May 2020, 00:06 AM

they literally are penals with better close range but worse long range dps

so use penals if u have problems, they cost less too
18 May 2020, 02:44 AM

Isn't it the other way around?

???

300 < 280?
18 May 2020, 03:13 AM

???

300 < 280?

It's more that long range favors PF less then close range against peniles. The G43s give PFs a sizable edge in close quarters. At long range, they are fairly close in dps though vet 3 peniles should win vs vet 5 G43 PFs At anything above ~15 range.

As for the cost, you really do have to factor in the G43 upgrade munitions since without it the PFs dont even come close to peniles.
18 May 2020, 03:26 AM

The g43 upgrade should take up both weapon slots imo. Other than that i don't think there's anything wrong with fusiliers

I don't see how stg volks shouldn't be able to pick up a dropped weapon but g43 fussies can

Edit: is it a bug that it doesn't? Cause i think you can get both upgrades again which isn't supposed to happen
18 May 2020, 09:10 AM

???

300 < 280?

G43 PF cost 270+25=295 manpower +80 munition so they are more expensive.

They also have higher tech cost and come later.
18 May 2020, 12:20 PM

Penals are great counter to PF IF you know your opponent is going to go PF. But I think OPs case its about OP going for normal 3-4 cons build and then when he has 2-3 out he figures out that opponent has gone full blown PF as mainline. So in that case I wouldn't go penals anymore as it would require tech etc.

So I think best response is to not make any more cons. Depending on the rankings of the players in lower rank games you can just save MP and start producing shocks or guards when you hit the CP and then just win blob vs blob wars against PFs with those as game progresses. If its a higher ranked game then maybe get maxim or two and then make a guard or two after going for t70. I really don't play SOV but Im thinking this from OKW POV what would be most annoying to face after going all fusi.

Honestly I think SVT cons are also great answer to PF depending on your skill if you keep trading effectively.
18 May 2020, 17:30 PM

If you know they are going for Fussies you can open with Penals and have a doctrine ready with a light AT gun.

If you have opened with conscripts, get a doctrine with Shock troops. A maxim could work here since Panzerfussies are the one unit which maxims are OK against. A build like con-con-con-engie-maxim-molotovs-Shocks-T70 works decently against it. Get a load of mines and sandbags out on the field though because once the G43s start coming your Conscripts will start bleeding hard.
18 May 2020, 17:46 PM

Use conscripts in the early game to bully them. Carefully select your engagements to atack isolated units and focus on bleeding their models. Pfuss drop like flies without vet.

Use this mp edge to transition into other units. Like maxims (always remember to bait them into your arc of fire). Shocks can win against them unless they blob, go for them if you see sloppy play to try to get some wipes and break parity. Guards can be used to blunt frontal assaults long as they have cons to soak up damage for them.

Pfuss paired with a flaktrak are nightmare because with it they can render your entire infantry composition useless. Keep that in mind and get a zis that can be used to add more pressure in infatry fights.

If you have double fuel go for a T34. If not, you can go for the always usefull T79 into Su85 to deal with their P4 and Tiger.

18 May 2020, 18:25 PM

The g43 upgrade should take up both weapon slots imo. Other than that i don't think there's anything wrong with fusiliers

I don't see how stg volks shouldn't be able to pick up a dropped weapon but g43 fussies can

Edit: is it a bug that it doesn't? Cause i think you can get both upgrades again which isn't supposed to happen

I believe its a bug, I saw it in the winter patch bug list where if shreck upgrades lose a shreck they can then get the G43 upgrade on top.
18 May 2020, 18:35 PM

???

300 < 280?
295 mo and 80 muntion , without the upgrade they Re worse cons
18 May 2020, 19:54 PM

Penals are great counter to PF IF you know your opponent is going to go PF. But I think OPs case its about OP going for normal 3-4 cons build and then when he has 2-3 out he figures out that opponent has gone full blown PF as mainline. So in that case I wouldn't go penals anymore as it would require tech etc.

So I think best response is to not make any more cons. Depending on the rankings of the players in lower rank games you can just save MP and start producing shocks or guards when you hit the CP and then just win blob vs blob wars against PFs with those as game progresses. If its a higher ranked game then maybe get maxim or two and then make a guard or two after going for t70. I really don't play SOV but Im thinking this from OKW POV what would be most annoying to face after going all fusi.

Honestly I think SVT cons are also great answer to PF depending on your skill if you keep trading effectively.

penals are worst thing you can go vs PFs
18 May 2020, 19:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2020, 18:25 PMLatch

I believe its a bug, I saw it in the winter patch bug list where if shreck upgrades lose a shreck they can then get the G43 upgrade on top.

it is not a bug
18 May 2020, 19:57 PM

to counter pfusies just get close range vs them early game, they suck at close range when no g43 so just push them, later just use all utility you have, hard to tell what you have
19 May 2020, 00:02 AM

penals are worst thing you can go vs PFs
why tho ?
MMX
19 May 2020, 03:12 AM

it is not a bug

it is a bug that was supposedly fixed just as latch said
19 May 2020, 10:06 AM

why tho ?

cuz you cant go clown car and after they get g43 your penals just melt and bleed
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★