Login

russian armor

Perimeter Overwatch

17 May 2020, 14:10 PM

Nerf this ability immediately.
17 May 2020, 14:12 PM

Wild idea:
Stop wanting to nerf anything and everything just because you've seen it effectively used in torunament setting once.
17 May 2020, 14:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 May 2020, 14:12 PMKatitof
Wild idea:
Stop wanting to nerf anything and everything just because you've seen it effectively used in torunament setting once.

I lost a 1v1 to it a few weeks ago and realised it was OP at that point.If you're saying that it isn't broken then you are just incorrect.

17 May 2020, 14:19 PM

All you have to do is retreat to your side for a minute.

Its not encirclement ability, that just evaporates everything and anything on affected territories, base artys target only 1 territory at a time and mortar barrages aren't exactly lethal if you move.
17 May 2020, 14:20 PM

The ability is too strong especially compared to sector artillery.

It needs to be looked at.
17 May 2020, 14:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 May 2020, 14:19 PMKatitof
All you have to do is retreat to your side for a minute.

Its not encirclement ability, that just evaporates everything and anything on affected territories.

Its 2 full minutes, that's an insane amount of time for any ability to last, let alone one that means you literally just have to sit and wait for it to end less you lose your army to it.
17 May 2020, 14:52 PM

Its 2 full minutes, that's an insane amount of time for any ability to last, let alone one that means you literally just have to sit and wait for it to end less you lose your army to it.

You cant lose whole army to it, unless it is concetrated in one enemy sector and just sits there, not capping it. If sector starts getting capped/decapped, then ability won't target it anymore.
Maneuver with your troops, spread the attack to other sectors.
The ammount of shelling is nowhere close to Sector arty, and it won't speed up, as sector arty does.

TLDR: l2p
17 May 2020, 15:02 PM

You cant lose whole army to it, unless it is concetrated in one enemy sector and just sits there, not capping it. If sector starts getting capped/decapped, then ability won't target it anymore.
Maneuver with your troops, spread the attack to other sectors.
The ammount of shelling is nowhere close to Sector arty, and it won't speed up, as sector arty does.

TLDR: l2p

Ok thanks for telling me to L2P Mr Rank 1400, very constructive.
17 May 2020, 15:06 PM

The ability is completely broken. In a game that's all about maneuvering there should not be an ability that lockdowns the entire frontline for 2 minutes, without any counter play.

And yes, it has nothing to do with the tourney. It's been broken for years now.
17 May 2020, 15:08 PM

Well, that's the case of many UKF abilities in teamgames, since the faction was design around it to overpass their weakness, like snare-sniper when there was no Heat nades.
17 May 2020, 15:15 PM

It's OP especially because you can't counter it at all. It's not like loiter planes for example where you have a chance of getting an AA unit.

Should get nerfed in the next hotfix for sure.

I'd say reducing the duration would make the most sense. From 120 seconds to 80 and changing muni cost to 200 and then increasing the cool-down of the ability by 1-2 minutes so it cant get spammed as easily.
17 May 2020, 15:19 PM

Well, that's the case of many UKF abilities in teamgames, since the faction was design around it to overpass their weakness, like snare-sniper when there was no Heat nades.

That's bs. Most of the UKF off-maps were nerfed hard and are either OK or bad now. Only Perimeter Overwatch remains OP.

17 May 2020, 15:31 PM

It's OP especially because you can't counter it at all

Well, you can kind of counter it by capping flags. Especially when using some of the capping speed abilities to quickly neutralize territory so the overwatch stops there. But yeah PO is one of the things that surfaced now that UKF is becoming a more and more solid faction and it will definitely get looked at. I was thinking duration from 120 to 90 and maybe the CP cost from 10 to 12. I'm not sure what the cooldown is currently, at glance it doesn't seem to be particularly shorter than other similar offmaps, but I'd like to avoid double/tripple nerfs anyway.
17 May 2020, 15:43 PM

Alternatively you could just reduce the lethality.
17 May 2020, 16:20 PM

Well, you can kind of counter it by capping flags. Especially when using some of the capping speed abilities to quickly neutralize territory so the overwatch stops there. But yeah PO is one of the things that surfaced now that UKF is becoming a more and more solid faction and it will definitely get looked at. I was thinking duration from 120 to 90 and maybe the CP cost from 10 to 12. I'm not sure what the cooldown is currently, at glance it doesn't seem to be particularly shorter than other similar offmaps, but I'd like to avoid double/tripple nerfs anyway.

exept that its buggy and barrages that got called in still land vs neutral sectors. It killed my sqads in neutralized territory.

Seems to work the same way as the planes that target tanks even when they move out of circle (not asking to nerf that though)
17 May 2020, 16:25 PM

Maybe look at its duration, knock 30sec off but imo muni should be just as decisive as fuel and this ability is at least defensive meaning it just buys time making it easier than ever to not get smashed by (vs the old okw sector assault thing that brought the fight to you)

Its 200 mu that isn't in mines which is huge for maneuvering. Reduce the time so it's less likely to be able to lock down territory decisively.

Or perhaps make it target one territory that gets hit by arty and mortars and the surrounding territories just get hit by mortars. Then you can still lock down an area and help the flanks but flanking is still possible. It then adds more effort to use and counteplay.
17 May 2020, 17:28 PM

Nerf this ability immediately.
sorry but this is L2P problem. If we talking about op offmaps then i think close the pocket is more cancerous but only on Red ball express
17 May 2020, 18:39 PM

exept that its buggy and barrages that got called in still land vs neutral sectors. It killed my sqads in neutralized territory.

Isn't that just because of delayed targeting? Most similar abilities will aim and lock onto a target and then it takes a few seconds for the ordnance to arrive. Neutralizing the territory while the shells are already flying won't cancel them just like moving out of the circle for aircraft strafes won't cancel their attacks when they've already acquired a target. I'll do some testing.
17 May 2020, 18:59 PM

Isn't that just because of delayed targeting? Most similar abilities will aim and lock onto a target and then it takes a few seconds for the ordnance to arrive. Neutralizing the territory while the shells are already flying won't cancel them just like moving out of the circle for aircraft strafes won't cancel their attacks when they've already acquired a target. I'll do some testing.

i dont know it exactly i was just confused loosing 2 sqads to a aneutralized sector this can be very frustrating since basically axis def overwatch stops at the moment the sector is neutralized, while having a similar cost of 200
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★