Login

russian armor

OKW vs Brits in 1v1/2v2

14 May 2020, 19:09 PM

So its been a while since i played OKW, i have been watching many streams on twitch and some tightrope casting games. How can i deal with the oppressive IS "spam" as OKW?

Luchs seems logical but doesnt AEC shuts it down badly? PIAT RE are scary too.
Mg34 doesnt seem to be able to hold up. Even less against vickers.

What i have seen is that there is too much tech needed, until unlocking Pz4 or obers to push back IS blobs. But i am asking for advice openly.

Thanks in advance

P.S.
I just saw another similar thread. https://www.coh2.org/topic/105395/okw-vs-brit-2v2-advice-early-game
I am taking some advice from there aswell.
14 May 2020, 19:27 PM

Abuse JLI and booby traps.

MP40 volks could also be a decent choice.
14 May 2020, 19:32 PM

MP40 volks could also be a decent choice.

this strat only works if you sit on a ton of ammo to spam the smoke nade
14 May 2020, 20:02 PM

Fallschirmjager are probably still a good choice since brits don't have a super oppressive anti infantry light vehicle that you need snares everywhere all the time for, and they counter commandos passably enough if you detect them before they're literally right on top of you.

Edit: Actually, the falls and obers gas grenade counters commandos super hard because it bleeds HP off them and slows them down so they can't chase effectively.
14 May 2020, 20:18 PM

Well I stand by my advice in the other thread. Frontally engaging IS with volks is just foolhardy, unless you somehow have rushed StG44s but that muni situation...
15 May 2020, 01:03 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I've been going Scavenge with OKW a lot even before the patch. I would go with 4 Volks, Battlegruppe, two JLI, Healing. With 7 combat-effective infantry units, you can push away even 5 IS.

Prioritize Scoped G43s over StG44s because even with StG44s Volks lose to Bolstered IS, while the scoped G43s are very strong against units in cover.

Skipping the Luchs-Puma combo is fine because your opponent often will go AEC anyway and waste fuel (because it's quite mediocre against infantry). Your Ostwind should hit the field 2-3 minutes earlier than the Cromwell. If your opponent decides to pick Royal Artillery, one Rak is usually enough.

If you don't want to play with JLI, leIGs are really strong against Brits, but you'll have to babysit them with HMGs. A pair of them rip apart Brits because they're still quite cover-reliant/static and really don't have any indirect fire of their own.

EDIT: 1v1 perspective
15 May 2020, 04:56 AM

This "strat" was tried a bunch of games in cohrona tourny, I suggest you watch the replays on YouTube.

Pretty much every OKW player that countered it just used standard 4volk luch/puma and call in inf (fall, jaeger).

Even if he builds AEC you'll have four snare squads to his one on RE so you can really pull off aggressive plays with the luch and puma. Hell some players are so predictive you can just start with a puma and dive the inevitable AEC that turns up to cover his lack of AT/snares.

PFC punished kimbo in the tourny with this, allowing him a smooth transition into P4 and obers like you say that are so effective.

16 May 2020, 02:31 AM

Thanks a lot everyone. Ill take your advice into my upcoming matches.
16 May 2020, 03:05 AM

Tommies are far superior in individual engagements to Volks so you have to either go 3 Volks into multiple JLI or 4 Volks into a pair of Falls isn't bad either, at least in 1v1. Volks essentially are just there to cap early, snare, and lay sandbags for the better infantry. I would say Battlegroup is more useful if you go for JLI/Falls since you don't have to spend muni on healing but you can also go Mechanized to have access to the Puma in case of the AEC into Valentine build.
16 May 2020, 21:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 May 2020, 03:05 AMClarity
Tommies are far superior in individual engagements to Volks so you have to either go 3 Volks into multiple JLI or 4 Volks into a pair of Falls isn't bad either, at least in 1v1. Volks essentially are just there to cap early, snare, and lay sandbags for the better infantry. I would say Battlegroup is more useful if you go for JLI/Falls since you don't have to spend muni on healing but you can also go Mechanized to have access to the Puma in case of the AEC into Valentine build.

Perfectly described. Thanks a lot Clarity. Somehow i had the wrong picture of volks or at least i proyected some of the performance volks have vs riflemen and conscripts to be similar vs tommies. When it reality its not.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★