Login

russian armor

Two Changes for Ostheer Wehrmacht

10 May 2020, 19:48 PM

Permanently Banned
I thought of two changes for the Ostheer Wehrmacht:

1. Panzer Grenadiers should require Battle Phase 1 and either an Infanterie Kompanie structure or Leichte Mechanized Kompanie. (You can still have both.) This means players will need to invest in any infantry/light vechicle production to gain access to that unit. Used to be light vehicle before a certain patch.

2. Tiger PzKpfw VI: this doctrinal unit still requires 12 CP, but now it requires Battle Phase 3 and either a Support Armor Korps or a Heavy Panzer Korps (You can still have both). A middle ground between the Elefant (Heavy Panzer Korps) and the Panzer IV Command (Support Armor Korps or Heavy Panzer Korps).
10 May 2020, 19:50 PM

1. no because that’s a pretty hefty Ostheer nerf if Grens aren’t addressed.

2. Sure
11 May 2020, 15:09 PM

I keep getting completely destroyed by mg spammers in 2v2 and 1v1. Who tf would think it would be a good idea to put the best suppresion as a start item. Mg 42 should not be a starting item specially not on the Axis side they allready get a crap lot of full auto with OKW.
11 May 2020, 15:31 PM

I keep getting completely destroyed by mg spammers in 2v2 and 1v1. Who tf would think it would be a good idea to put the best suppresion as a start item. Mg 42 should not be a starting item specially not on the Axis side they allready get a crap lot of full auto with OKW.

Axis OP
11 May 2020, 15:41 PM

Axis OP
11 May 2020, 15:49 PM

Depends on the map. Yes, there are maps where you can't really flank without losing a whole minute or more on running. You need smokes or mortars to deal with early MGs on such maps. Otherwise, MGs are not hard to deal with. And if by any chance the enemy has encamped in one part of the map, shift your focus elsewhere. Help your teammates. He'll be sitting there with MGs and what not and you're waiting for your howitzers (US) or some light arty (ZiS) or tanks to push through or smokes ... you get the point.
12 May 2020, 00:36 AM

I agree that P-Grens probably come to early against Soviets but Ostheer needs them currently against UKF and USF to compete early game since Grens struggle. Pretty much why if Grens were not tweaked and this change went through we would exclusively see Ass Grens and Ostruppen more than we already do.
12 May 2020, 00:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2020, 00:36 AMClarity
I agree that P-Grens probably come to early against Soviets

They arrive when SVTs hit the field vs airbourne and vs other doctrines they can be bled with flare mines and TM38s. Your T70 hits the field 2-3 mins after Pgrens or your M5 quad 1-2 mins afterwards and you can deal with them pretty effectlively.

If you have cons fighting them alone without superior cover, you deserve the big fat L. If you get flanked, position yourself better. Pgrens are expensive infantry and you have cheap mines, flamer with merge and sandbags early to bleed them.
12 May 2020, 01:45 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

They arrive when SVTs hit the field vs airbourne and vs other doctrines they can be bled with flare mines and TM38s. Your T70 hits the field 2-3 mins after Pgrens or your M5 quad 1-2 mins afterwards and you can deal with them pretty effectlively.

If you have cons fighting them alone without superior cover, you deserve the big fat L. If you get flanked, position yourself better. Pgrens are expensive infantry and you have cheap mines, flamer with merge and sandbags early to bleed them.

PG arrive that late only when delayed by rushing T2 vehicles and/or not using meta doctrinal main line infantry or the more risky pio MG into T2.

I think i've seen PG been part of Osstruppen doc openings been up on field by as fast 4:30 while most T70 would be arriving by 9-10 mins. On 2v2 it will probably be arriving early as u may be able to skip medics and AT.
12 May 2020, 02:05 AM

PG arrive that late only when delayed by rushing T2 vehicles and/or not using meta doctrinal main line infantry or the more risky pio MG into T2.

I think i've seen PG been part of Osstruppen doc openings been up on field by as fast 4:30 while most T70 would be arriving by 9-10 mins. On 2v2 it will probably be arriving early as u may be able to skip medics and AT.

I mean yeah obviously it’s faster if you skip T1. T0 call in inf saves you 10 fuel and cap faster, so you get Pgrens a minute or a min and a half earlier. Not to mention possible mp bleed early with Grens which may delay your Pgrens until a bit later, which isn’t an Osttruppen issue,
12 May 2020, 03:43 AM

I mean yeah obviously it’s faster if you skip T1. T0 call in inf saves you 10 fuel and cap faster, so you get Pgrens a minute or a min and a half earlier. Not to mention possible mp bleed early with Grens which may delay your Pgrens until a bit later, which isn’t an Osttruppen issue,

Pgrens arrive early but why would you get them so early? You would get out gunned and have crazy bad MP bleed from them. Focus fire down the Pgrens and you're gonna get value trades.

I know its not as simple as that but just some food for thought.

I agree with #2 tho
12 May 2020, 05:17 AM

Scratch that, if you get only 1 MG42 and 2 Osttruppen and skip past the munition point, you'Il be able to get your first Panzergrenadier squad out at 3:20 (if you time it correctly).
12 May 2020, 14:16 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I don't agree with what OP says but slightly correcting that PG do arrive early and that you won't have a T70 or M5 in time to help with them. At least not 1 or 2 mins after they arrive.

It's not a "niche" strat as PG rush with skipping as much as possible as Derbyhat says, but as part of current meta atm with Prostruppen and AssG.
13 May 2020, 01:50 AM

Permanently Banned
13 May 2020, 02:05 AM

If nothing else for 1, at least Panzergrenadiers Panzerschreck upgrade should require a Leichte Mechanized Kompanie, a Support Armor Korps, or a Heavy Panzer Korps.

Wut? Why? You are turning a expensive AI unit into an AT unit. You want to restrict piats, zooks and ptrs' until armour as well?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★