Login

russian armor

T1 Scout Car Builds In Team Games?

9 May 2020, 01:29 AM

Any tips on how to get this build to work in 2v2+ games? I usually build one after 2 penals and put an engie in the back (maybe 3-4 min in the game). I can usually get one or two pushes with it before it gets zoned out to uselessness with volks/gren fausts or a 222. Even pushing a sturm pio is risky since the stg44 dps is pretty high up close enough to take a third of hp (enough for a 1 hit faust kill). Has this worked for anyone into the mid game? Otherwise, I feel like a sniper/extra penal is a better investment...
10 May 2020, 11:56 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

With the Scout Car, you need to maximize its window of effectiveness. Get it as soon as possible (e.g. when you hit 15 fuel). This is even more important because in team games, tech comes sooner.

It can cause decent bleed with its machine guns. Keep it at maximum range (kite with it).

Typically, the Scout Car is only viable for the first 5 to 10 minutes of the game, so don't expect it to last until mid game. In fact, becuase it doesn't scale at all (and the Recon role is taken by the T-70), I would just trade it.
17 May 2021, 15:34 PM

I think you might be able to pull off some cute plays with it in its current state. Now that it gets the ability to cap at vet 2 you can put minesweeper engis inside and perhaps sneak into an undefended territory point and decap with the scout car while your engineers place mines to harass the enemy units coming to recap. You don't have to worry about mines because mines cant blow up when revealed and the engineers will reveal the mines before your scout car runs over them.

You could also use it as a mobile minesweeper unit for that same reason. Send it in first on a flank and you'll know if there are any mines along the path. Even if it's destroyed by AT guns it's not much of a loss. And with the increased sight you might even be able to prevent losing it.

I have to be completely honest with you, I think minesweeper halftracks are the best thing in the game. Perhaps even unbalanced.

Edit: another thing, minesweeper halftracks followed by tanks are neat because once mines are revealed you can attack ground on them with tanks to remove them instead of wasting time having the engineers uproot them from the ground.

Edit 2: Oh and also penals too because they can also attack ground now.
18 Jul 2021, 19:18 PM

Should I be garrisoning a flamer engie or penals? I've also been feeling like the scout car is mostly a liability and counters appear after pushing 1 or 2 points. Feels like everyone always has fausts at hand, with a single faust resulting in death unless I get lucky. I'm usually scared to drive past an mg to dislodge it, unless its completely alone for some reason.

Feels really clunky to use in terms of turn speed and reversing and getting stuck on terrain too. Should I spam overdrive more?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★