Login

russian armor

Whats gone on with sandbags and wire?

5 May 2020, 05:38 AM

I think we are all aware that without wiring off sandbags in a specific way, units still get green cover, but not only the question as why does this happen but also the question of this image.....

(Not sure if it was imbedded or not, if not link: https://imgur.com/a/fETgC76

What in the hell was this?
5 May 2020, 06:32 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Been that way for years. You have to like double wire so it goes out far enough. Pretty dumb but you get used to it.
MMX
5 May 2020, 06:45 AM

i've noticed that too, actually... not sure if it is just the ui indicator that is bugged... though i saw some high-level players, such as talisman, use wire orthogonal, kind of in a t-shape to the sandbags instead.
5 May 2020, 10:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2020, 06:45 AMMMX
not sure if it is just the ui indicator that is bugged...

Nope, it's real green cover. I did some messing around in CheatMod a year ago to experiment with various aspects of cover and you can see this issue in effect here:

(skip to 1:52)

I'm pretty sure this bug started when they increased the amount of spots around cover to resolve the major problem of squads always getting suppressed because there was never enough space for the last man. So it's annoying, but far less game breaking than the previous alternative.
5 May 2020, 10:52 AM

You can still wire off sandbags, but it takes some more effort:

- You can place wire 2-deep while making sure they're far enough apart to not provide cover, while also making sure the enemy can't slip through the gaps and your units don't get trapped.

- You can place a single vertical wire if you're stretched for time. This will deny some of the cover spots and make it easier to flank. It doesn't carry as many any of the risks as 2-deep wire and you can always follow-up with more vertical wires later on to fully deny the cover
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 27
Mexico 24
unknown 16
Germany 385
New Zealand 15
Peru 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias