Stronger Fraction in 4v4/3v3

Stronger Fraction in 4v4/3v3
Option Distribution Votes
48%
52%
Total votes: 56
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
3 May 2020, 10:57 AM

Are the allies currently stronger in large team games or am I just sucking?

3 May 2020, 10:58 AM

looking at your playercard it probably is just you sucking

(no offense though)
3 May 2020, 11:17 AM

Team games with friend or random?
3 May 2020, 11:24 AM

I mean, you are firmy footed in the 4-digit club, almost a premium member.
So at that level, axis is probably easier.
3 May 2020, 12:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2020, 11:24 AMMusti

this
3 May 2020, 12:28 PM

Fuck you cunt, no offense

ok thanks
3 May 2020, 12:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2020, 11:24 AMMusti

Why is that?

I'm curious as to why Axis is easier.
3 May 2020, 12:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2020, 12:40 PMKoRneY

Why is that?

I think it's because team games as axis usually culminate in 'build panthers' so the late game is much easier to coordinate with each other than a mix of su85's, cromwells, churchills, jacksons, sextons and priests. All of which have vastly different traits and roles.

A homogeneous force is easier to wield if you simply want to club your enemy to death, which is 99% of 4v4 games.

Plus the panthers armour and speed make it forgiving to play with.

3 May 2020, 13:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2020, 12:57 PMGrim

I think it's because team games as axis usually culminate in 'build panthers' so the late game is much easier to coordinate with each other than a mix of su85's, cromwells, churchills, jacksons, sextons and priests. All of which have vastly different traits and roles.

A homogeneous force is easier to wield if you simply want to club your enemy to death, which is 99% of 4v4 games.

Ah. I have always felt like lower ranked players are more defensive and have a tendency to turtle up and get arty, regardless of faction.
3 May 2020, 15:42 PM

Here is what i noticed, early game allies have better mainline inf so can generally do better early on, unless an OST player has good mg42 play, but axis hav better elite inf (obers, falls, pgrens, pfussies g43 etc.). Panthers shut down allied med tank plays but idk what the guy above is talking about "homogeneous" panthers, when panthers get completely shut down by allied 60 range TD's. And when it comes to artyfest, this without a doubt allies have the edge.
3 May 2020, 16:41 PM

Why is that?

Having all "necessairy" units stock (rocket arty, panthers/heavy tank) means commander choice isn't nearly as critical , linear teching means there's less noob traps (ost)
Micro is weak, so allied TDs (which you need to kite with) usually die very quickly, Panthers meanwhile are tough, and have heavy crush (so they don't get stuck on stuff because of pathing problems, so they are much easier to keep alive for weaker players.

Everything is farily straightforward, and not very gimmicky, get a pair of MG42, point them roughly at the enemy, then a pair of mortars behind them and you're set

This also comes from my personal experience, when introducing new players into the game, they usually find Ost the easiest to play.
3 May 2020, 16:54 PM

It's an interesting idea, but the problem is that most people who play allies will say that axis is stronger, and axis players will say that allies are stronger :D :D
3 May 2020, 18:47 PM

Axis has stronger late game. Pretty much you'll notice that once the tigers start rolling out, it's game over. Allies are better early on
3 May 2020, 19:13 PM

Why is that?

I'm pretty sure he is specifically talking about 1000+ranking. At your level, I don't think Axis is easier. I'm not sure it's harder though. My main 3v3 group (ranked a little worse than you) has a difference of 0.005 in win ratio between Axis and Allies. For as much as people want to complain, the last couple patches have really balanced out Axis and Allies across game modes.

Several patches ago (before the current balance team), I made the following account when I thought the patch was crap:

https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/viewBoard/10/steamid/76561198351144414

I'm pretty sure I couldn't duplicate that with any faction right now.
3 May 2020, 19:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2020, 12:57 PMGrim

This is garbage.
3 May 2020, 19:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2020, 19:13 PMGrumpy

I'm pretty sure he is specifically talking about 1000+ranking. At your level, I don't think Axis is easier. I'm not sure it's harder though. My main 3v3 group (ranked a little worse than you) has a difference of 0.005 in win ratio between Axis and Allies. For as much as people want to complain, the last couple patches have really balanced out Axis and Allies across game modes.

Several patches ago (before the current balance team), I made the following account when I thought the patch was crap:

https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/viewBoard/10/steamid/76561198351144414

I'm pretty sure I couldn't duplicate that with any faction right now.

Oh I know he was talking about 1000+. Was just wondering his perspective on why it would be slanted one way and not the other. I generally play in my own bubble and was just wondering.

I feel like balance is pretty good too.
3 May 2020, 20:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2020, 16:41 PMMusti

Having all "necessairy" units stock (rocket arty, panthers/heavy tank) means commander choice isn't nearly as critical , linear teching means there's less noob traps (ost)
Micro is weak, so allied TDs (which you need to kite with) usually die very quickly, Panthers meanwhile are tough, and have heavy crush (so they don't get stuck on stuff because of pathing problems, so they are much easier to keep alive for weaker players.

Everything is farily straightforward, and not very gimmicky, get a pair of MG42, point them roughly at the enemy, then a pair of mortars behind them and you're set

This also comes from my personal experience, when introducing new players into the game, they usually find Ost the easiest to play.

You're hurting some feelings here. lol.
3 May 2020, 21:15 PM

This is garbage.

Perhaps I touched a nerve?

Also, a slight aside, but is your signature complaining that the land mattress is OP?
4 May 2020, 16:30 PM

Its hard to say what side is stronger but I feel there is a bias towards Axis.

Axis is stronger because they have so many stock blob counter tools which is what the majority of players in 4v4 tend to do. The best counter to a blob is your own blob but not as effective when the enemy has a blob-counter unit to your blob. Allied equivalents with the exception of Katy/Pack Howie usually is doctrinal (calliope/landmatress/105sherman).

OST have Brumbar, Werfer and MG42,
OKW have IG gun and stuka.

The downside that I can see is Axis tend to be weaker earlier game if they can't use their MGs effectively. They need to hold a fuel point or they will be gas starved. Early light vehicles delays the really good late game vehicles and even worse is if you lose them early.

Axis tend to win for certain when their armour can reach critical mass around late game stage. When they can amass more armour pop cap than Allies. Since their armour is much more expensive, they get a lot more value for their resources. Its much easier to keep a Panther with 960 hitpoints and great frontal armour alive than it is to keep alive any allied medium tank.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★