Login

russian armor

Raketens should lose their received accuracy bonus

PAGES (7)down
2 May 2020, 15:04 PM

Raketen receiving their 5th man was a great idea so it doesn't get decrewed too often by single tank shot, now it is like for any other support weapon team. But collateral side of it is that it is impossible to decrew them with infantry. And that's a real issue because now the only way to decrew them is having one of those lucky tank's shot.

Since the balance team (or relic) doesn't seem interested in removing the retreat function from it, why not simply decrease the bonus they get when retreating. It will only affect small arms fire and at least bring back some counter play on it.
2 May 2020, 15:22 PM

Tbh I don't think it's an issue. Rak has slightly lower range and no gun shield so the extra man and rec acc feels fine to me. With creeping death gone imo the rak is in a pretty fine place where it's still unique and a threat but counterable.
2 May 2020, 15:24 PM

No clue how people unironically make “Raketens OP” threads.
2 May 2020, 15:26 PM

I do think they are slightly too resistant to infantry. You can push crazy agressively with them with little fear of losing them thanks to the retreat ability. Definetly the strongest AT gun against medium armor because of this. You can make a pair of them and just do crazy push after crazy push, if you make a mistake, doesn't matter, hit retreat. If the enemy makes a mistake, they lose their medium armor.

Though I am not actually sure if they need a change. I very rarely play with heavy allied armor so maybe my perception of the Raketten is biased because of it.
2 May 2020, 16:24 PM
2 May 2020, 16:41 PM

Tbh I don't think it's an issue. Rak has slightly lower range and no gun shield so the extra man and rec acc feels fine to me. With creeping death gone imo the rak is in a pretty fine place where it's still unique and a threat but counterable.

Counterable with anything else than small arm fire even if flanked.
2 May 2020, 17:02 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I do think they are slightly too resistant to infantry. You can push crazy agressively with them with little fear of losing them thanks to the retreat ability. Definetly the strongest AT gun against medium armor because of this. You can make a pair of them and just do crazy push after crazy push, if you make a mistake, doesn't matter, hit retreat. If the enemy makes a mistake, they lose their medium armor.

Though I am not actually sure if they need a change. I very rarely play with heavy allied armor so maybe my perception of the Raketten is biased because of it.

+1 This nailed it.

Switching out the scott for the calliope would fix this issue in USFs roster and making the mattress more consistant would go a long way to stopping the insane rak dives.
2 May 2020, 17:34 PM

No clue how people unironically make “Raketens OP” threads.

A brief history lesson on M-42 might be an answer to that question.
Do similar principles apply here?
Who knows, we'll see in couple more months.
2 May 2020, 17:45 PM

+1 This nailed it.

Switching out the scott for the calliope would fix this issue in USFs roster and making the mattress more consistant would go a long way to stopping the insane rak dives.

i don't know why you want to break the balance just for that.
2 May 2020, 18:17 PM

You might as well delete OKW if they nerf our basic AT gun -_- Been developing a dislike for my usual double Puma strat due to running into guard/penal blobs.

As an aside, I can only get camo kills on tanks who blunder into (fairly) obvious killzones.
2 May 2020, 18:33 PM

Switching out the scott for the calliope.

And why would USF get such a nuclear megabuff?
2 May 2020, 19:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2020, 17:45 PMEsxile

i don't know why you want to break the balance just for that.

Why would the calliope break balance? It's already in a great doctrine and used frequently in teamgames. If there's a different solution to the raketen blobs without making them worse in as single AT guns, i'm all ears.

And why would USF get such a nuclear megabuff?

I'd rather nerf the calliope to closer to pwerfer levels and then swap them then continuously bring up how the scott is too durable patch after patch and it getting ignored. That and USF and UKF can still not deal with rak blobs because of the lack of burst.
2 May 2020, 19:31 PM

I'd rather nerf the calliope to closer to pwerfer levels and then swap them then continuously bring up how the scott is too durable patch after patch and it getting ignored. That and USF and UKF can still not deal with rak blobs because of the lack of burst.

Huh? HE M4s mean death if the raketen wall is flanked, especially with how broken the raketen retreat is meaning a rifleman grenade can easily knock off the 2 models driving it.

I really don't see how raketens are an issue. I get that rocket artillery counters pak walls best, but USF has the best offensive infantry and best anti-infantry medium generalist in the game.
2 May 2020, 19:33 PM

Huh? HE M4s mean death if the raketen wall is flanked, especially with how broken the raketen retreat is meaning a rifleman grenade can easily knock off the 2 models driving it.

I really don't see how raketens are an issue. I get that rocket artillery counters pak walls best, but USF has the best offensive infantry and best anti-infantry medium generalist in the game.

the issue is that flanking isn't always possible. You get put on lane maps like red ball and minsk pocket and poltawa and cry in a corner.
2 May 2020, 19:37 PM

the issue is that flanking isn't always possible. You get put on lane maps like red ball and minsk pocket and poltawa and cry in a corner.

That's why I always play Urban Assault KEKW

CalliOP

You can also focus with LMG rifles if that's your thing, or LMG Paras, or call in a strike with camouflaged IR paths, or recon bombs, or cover to cover, or Scott smoke and rush with infantry and M4, or rush with halftrucks with cav riflemen. You have plenty of options if you can't flank, though I think it's always possible to flank at least a little bit, unless it's a narrow 4v4 map in which case it's a shitty map issue not a balance issue.

I don't wanna talk about Poltawa. Delete it.
2 May 2020, 21:07 PM

That's why I always play Urban Assault KEKW

CalliOP

You can also focus with LMG rifles if that's your thing, or LMG Paras, or call in a strike with camouflaged IR paths, or recon bombs, or cover to cover, or Scott smoke and rush with infantry and M4, or rush with halftrucks with cav riflemen. You have plenty of options if you can't flank, though I think it's always possible to flank at least a little bit, unless it's a narrow 4v4 map in which case it's a shitty map issue not a balance issue.

I don't wanna talk about Poltawa. Delete it.

All that stuff is doctrinal so out of topic. USF shouldn't rely on doctrine to counter a 270 manpower unit.
2 May 2020, 21:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2020, 21:07 PMEsxile

All that stuff is doctrinal so out of topic. USF shouldn't rely on doctrine to counter a 270 manpower unit.

M4 and BAR rifles. Git gud.
2 May 2020, 21:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2020, 15:04 PMEsxile
Raketen receiving their 5th man was a great idea so it doesn't get decrewed too often by single tank shot, now it is like for any other support weapon team. But collateral side of it is that it is impossible to decrew them with infantry.

????

what is this thread
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak