11%
68%
13%
2%
Total votes: 237
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
28 Apr 2020, 21:23 PM

Lets gather some popular opinion with a simple poll

I am asking how do people considerate a faction design is, in terms of how well its units and tools disenvolve in the matches.

We are going to beging with a broad spectrum poll, from 1v1 to 4v4, from High Skill to Low Skill (or rank)
28 Apr 2020, 21:29 PM

Eastern Front Armies: Well designed, polished, lots of strategies and units, fun to play.

DLC factions: Unpolished, gimmicky.
28 Apr 2020, 21:36 PM

Poll answer options are terrible
28 Apr 2020, 21:41 PM

Wehrmacht and Soviets are well designed, USF is decent, but Brits and OKW both feel like shit to play with or against.
28 Apr 2020, 21:55 PM

Not entirely sure what the "overworked" option means in the context of design polish.

In general, I'd say OST/Sov are both well designed, with lots of options (possibly too many docs).

USF/OKW are alright, but missing some tools (notably, snipers). They also rely far too heavily on infantry spam/blobs.

UKF is a mess, with simply far too many poor design choices (emplacements, cover bonuses/penalties, lock-out tech choices, bolster, etc.).

All of the factions could still easily use some work, but that's my list of best-to-worst.
28 Apr 2020, 21:59 PM

We haven't seen a more inaccurate and misguiding poll in ages now.
Every single one of options is extremely subjective and everyone got a completely different definition of it.
28 Apr 2020, 22:09 PM

Permanently Banned
EFA was the best until the 7man con upgrade. UKF was always an unbalanceable gimmick that should never have existed. USF and OKW are at least salvageable and are "ok"
29 Apr 2020, 00:47 AM

Obviously the Soviets and possibly the Wehrmacht top the others in Polishness with Partisans and Osttruppen. The other factions lack Polishness entirely.
29 Apr 2020, 03:02 AM

Poll answer options are terrible

Im sorry then, english is not my first language and this topic is hard to describe with proper wording.
I know there is a lot of room for each option but the poll itself is asking the subjective opinion of each person.
I could take some advice of how to judge the polishness of factions tho

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2020, 21:59 PMKatitof
We haven't seen a more inaccurate and misguiding poll in ages now.
Every single one of options is extremely subjective and everyone got a completely different definition of it.

go troll somewhere else kat.

Not entirely sure what the "overworked" option means in the context of design polish.
All of the factions could still easily use some work, but that's my list of best-to-worst.

I ment the opposite of gimmicky, like something that has too much stuff in it and it doesnt really create a benefit or obey a certain rule. Maybe overburden could express what i ment better.

Quotes aside now
There is a lot of value on each opinion, this poll is ment to gather all those points of view, maybe devs could use the iformation or maybe after this poll, someone else could start a more specific poll about a specific skill level or meta.
Each vote counts, this is not a majority gathering poll, like some people use to do.

There are no wrong aswers and everyone is welcome to say why they voted as they did, if that is somehow constructive.

12 May 2020, 22:02 PM

Ostheer is by far the least polished faction and needs some love. All their units still think they are only fighting the Soviets and it shows. They need voice polishing to be better tuned to be fighting on both fronts just like Okw
12 May 2020, 22:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2020, 22:02 PMLewka
Ostheer is by far the least polished faction and needs some love. All their units still think they are only fighting the Soviets and it shows. They need voice polishing to be better tuned to be fighting on both fronts just like Okw

Hi, I see you were in coma last 4 years, congrats on recovery, welcome back and I encourage you to get up to date with balance changes made over the years.
12 May 2020, 23:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2020, 22:05 PMKatitof

Hi, I see you were in coma last 4 years, congrats on recovery, welcome back and I encourage you to get up to date with balance changes made over the years.

I'm not talking about balance though. What did I do to deserve this?
12 May 2020, 23:52 PM

"Polishness" sums up the level of polish in this game right now
13 May 2020, 00:06 AM

Eastern Front Armies: Well designed, polished, lots of strategies and units, fun to play.

DLC factions: Unpolished, gimmicky.

In general, I'd say OST/Sov are both well designed, with lots of options (possibly too many docs).

USF/OKW are alright, but missing some tools (notably, snipers). They also rely far too heavily on infantry spam/blobs.

UKF is a mess, with simply far too many poor design choices (emplacements, cover bonuses/penalties, lock-out tech choices, bolster, etc.).

Yup this.

They definitely spent more time on Soviets/Ost than any other faction. USF/OKW had really gimmicky play styles but they are still solid. Brits feel like a last minute attempt to milk the CoH community for their next project. UKF have some serious design flaws which are not addressed. Mainly: No non-doctrinal mortar arty, forcing players to pick some of their late-game tech and cover oriented infantry. Don't get me wrong, they're fun to play once in a blue moon but the weaknesses of the faction become relevant the more I play and annoy the heck out of me.

13 May 2020, 00:11 AM

"Polishness" sums up the level of polish in this game right now

<444>_<444> I get it. I am not native english speaker. :*(

How well/solid designed are factions may be a good rephrase.
13 May 2020, 00:16 AM

Next step bois. :bananadance:

@Everyone in the whole world:
In your opinion. What is the weirdest mechanic currently ingame that might not be part of the faction design? Maybe it wont/cant be fixed but still, post it here.
13 May 2020, 21:14 PM

Next step bois. :bananadance:

@Everyone in the whole world:
In your opinion. What is the weirdest mechanic currently ingame that might not be part of the faction design? Maybe it wont/cant be fixed but still, post it here.

Suppression, everything about how it interacts with one model sticking out of green cover, though you can't sort of see it. It's related also to the weird controls of having little control how exactly your squad will hug the cover. Sometimes it's easy to put 6 men even behind standard sandbags and other time your 4 men decide to stick to a side of the sandbag pushing one guy outside. Also proximity suppression, when you fire at the infantry squad behind cover they don't care, when you fire next to them, at someone else, they hit the ground immediately... /thread

P.S. also all related to suppression and MG bs like deathloops and domino-gunner sniping before retreat, also 120 degree cone of fire when half the teamgame maps are already too narrow is bs too.

P.S.S. New meta of reinforcement halftrack resurrection blob of max DPS at all times. Imho it should take longer to reinforce units when outside of base.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS