Login

russian armor

New Brit player, looking for advice!

22 Apr 2020, 08:02 AM

Hello! I bought The British Forces DLC a few days ago and decided to give the brits a go. I ended up really liking the faction and decided to focus on them for the time being. However, after the 10 placement matches I got thrown into rank 700 and needless to say, I went into a losing streak. So I decided to look for some help. I would love some general advice, some build orders, anything. I am not too familiar with the faction and they are a little overwhelming for me. There are times where I have a lot of manpower and I don't really know what to do with it. How many Infantry Sections should I have? Should I make an MG before or after teching to a Platoon Command Post? Is the Assault officer a unit that is worth having in every game or nah? When should I tech up to Company Command Post or when should I get Bolster/Weapon Rack/Grenade?

I know that these are a quite a lot of noobish questions, but I would love to receive some info on all of those things.

Thank you very much for the help!

The game mode that I focus on is 1v1!
22 Apr 2020, 10:22 AM

Two members of the community have put out great guides with british units

Search "tightrope gaming" or "helping hans" on youtube, both have guides to get you started.
22 Apr 2020, 11:30 AM

Hey, I'm brit main, no MGL but have enough time.

At the start I usually go (this whole thing is pretty generalised):

MG (swapped with UC if fighting OKW)
T
MG
T
T (so 4 tommy squads by end of T1)

then:
Platoon command post
weapon racks
RE instant upgrade to PIATs as my AT. After this muni sink I usually pick my two best tommy squads, give them arty flares and start filling with Brens as the munis comes in. The other two tommies usually get wiped at some point of the game (i use them for the high risk grenades and flare pops) and by that time I'm usually wanting the pop room for tanks anyways.
AT gun
Assault Officer (still not sure but he's seemed great the games I've used him so far)

Company command post
Centuar and a second AT or a cromwell. Depending on the fuel situation (centaur and AT if I'm behind)
RE (Another to get increased repairing capacity
Firefly
Firefly

IMO the AEC is too unreliable and delays the first tank, so I prefer the AT gun + AT engies to serve my AT role. I also only sometimes use bofors in 1v1s so the bofors/AEC upgrades are usually left unupgraded most games I play.
I plan out my pop-cap allocation for late game, so If a begin hitting pop problems late game I look at notes on my phone so we what's my excess really quickly. Late game my planned army is:

Total pop: 100

IS- 8
IS- 8
Medic - 3
HMG - 6

AT - 7
RE - 6
RE - 6
Assault Officer - 8

52 total for T1 & T2, 48 for T3

2x firefly 32
Then either:
Centaur 10 + 2nd AT 7
OR 3rd firefly 16
OR sexton 14

Many games there are obviously adjustments, but my composition is usually about that.

22 Apr 2020, 13:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2020, 11:30 AMTomDRV
Hey, I'm brit main, no MGL but have enough time.

At the start I usually go (this whole thing is pretty generalised):

MG (swapped with UC if fighting OKW)
T
MG
T
T (so 4 tommy squads by end of T1)

then:
Platoon command post
weapon racks
RE instant upgrade to PIATs as my AT. After this muni sink I usually pick my two best tommy squads, give them arty flares and start filling with Brens as the munis comes in. The other two tommies usually get wiped at some point of the game (i use them for the high risk grenades and flare pops) and by that time I'm usually wanting the pop room for tanks anyways.
AT gun
Assault Officer (still not sure but he's seemed great the games I've used him so far)

Company command post
Centuar and a second AT or a cromwell. Depending on the fuel situation (centaur and AT if I'm behind)
RE (Another to get increased repairing capacity
Firefly
Firefly

IMO the AEC is too unreliable and delays the first tank, so I prefer the AT gun + AT engies to serve my AT role. I also only sometimes use bofors in 1v1s so the bofors/AEC upgrades are usually left unupgraded most games I play.
I plan out my pop-cap allocation for late game, so If a begin hitting pop problems late game I look at notes on my phone so we what's my excess really quickly. Late game my planned army is:

Total pop: 100

IS- 8
IS- 8
Medic - 3
HMG - 6

AT - 7
RE - 6
RE - 6
Assault Officer - 8

52 total for T1 & T2, 48 for T3

2x firefly 32
Then either:
Centaur 10 + 2nd AT 7
OR 3rd firefly 16
OR sexton 14

Many games there are obviously adjustments, but my composition is usually about that.

Thank you very much! I will keep it in mind! Might give it a go
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 56
unknown 17
Russian Federation 42

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %