Login

russian armor

2v2s just feel like an upward battle for axis

21 Apr 2020, 20:24 PM

I don't know where to start but the game feels so damn hard in 2v2s for axis. The amount of blobbing from allies and penalty of losing anything early on as axis just makes it so hard to come back from I don't know just feels like a complete upward battle every game now.
21 Apr 2020, 20:34 PM

yeah wehrmacht has such a tough time with the 2v2 map pool :(

What is this faction supposed to do on an open 3-lane camp map where you dont have to worry about flanks and where retreat paths are short awww maaaaaaan :(
21 Apr 2020, 23:06 PM

I'm a main Ostheer 2vs2 players that have numerous fighting against top 10 like Icauna / Ikab and I have the same opinion like you guys.

--------------------------------------

+) I feel like my Grenadier is weaker compare to other mainline because they only have 4 mans: Losing 1 model meaning lost 25% firepower, losing 3 models meaning I have to retreat if I got no reinforced halftrack near me.

=> This can be easily fixed by letting Grenadier having an option of upgrade to 5 man squad non doctrine that also DISABLED the ability to upgrade with LMG42 and DISABLED ALL weapon slots

=> By having 5 man Grenadier squad, I can now have a frontline infantry that take the damage while other 4 man Grenadier with LMG42 can stay behind and shoot

=> Having 5 man Grenadier let me pick up dropped crew weapons ( MG, AT, Mortar, Pack howziter ). Right now with my 4 grenadier? Losing 1 model? Good luck with that.

" But Kyle, there is already a doctrine with 5 man grenadier! You can even get a free G43 and free healing from it too "

- Yes, but we are talking about 2vs2 where almost every game will turn be swarm with M36 Jackson / Firefly / SU85 / Comet and heavy tanks such as IS2 - KV2 - ISU ( mostly ISU with it HE round wiping Axis infantry ). Not picking an Elefant doctrine to counter Allies TD and heavy tanks? Good luck with your Panther mate.

" But Kyle, 5 man Grenadier with LMG42 - 2x G43 is BROKEN "

- No shit, that's why I suggest that let me have 5 man grenadier non-doctrine but PUNISH me by NOT ABLE to upgrade with LMG42 and NOT ABLE to pick up dropped weapon? Make it 5 man grenadier with pure 5x kar98k rifle. What I need from this squad is the ability to live longer, steal crew weapons, not looking for pure firepower from them

With more than 1200 games in 2vs2, 5x 2vs2 replays against top tier players casting by tightrope, my conclusion that all I ever want from this Ostheer faction is to have 5 man grenadier squad NON - doctrine so I can use them as meat shield, I can use them to steal weapon easier. That's my personal opinion about Ostheers in 2vs2, I would love to listen to your critics.

P/S: If OKW faction got sniper, I would switch to 2x OKW in 2vs2 haha
21 Apr 2020, 23:20 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Whenever I play 2s I just feel like no matter what side I play I'm just getting cheesed to death by either bunkers, pack howies, snipers, LMG blobs, MGs on no flanking maps etc. Maybe i'm just washed up and need to take up bird feeding.

But actually though I feel like both sides struggle because of cheese.
21 Apr 2020, 23:22 PM

Whenever I play 2s I just feel like no matter what side I play I'm just getting cheesed to death by either bunkers, pack howies, snipers, LMG blobs, MGs on no flanking maps etc. Maybe i'm just washed up and need to take up bird feeding.

+1
21 Apr 2020, 23:38 PM

you gotta fight cancer with your own cancer, it's always been like that
21 Apr 2020, 23:39 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2020, 23:06 PMKyle
snip

I always thought tha PIOs were the best candidate for been a non doctrinal 5 man squad on late game. You can recrew weapon and improve repairs while you don't foment Gren base spam strats.
21 Apr 2020, 23:52 PM

The amount of blobbing from allies and penalty of losing anything early on as axis

Do you play both sides? Cause when I'm playing losing something early hurts no matter what faction I'm playing

I also see blobbing no matter which side I'm playing
21 Apr 2020, 23:54 PM

I always thought tha PIOs were the best candidate for been a non doctrinal 5 man squad on late game. You can recrew weapon and improve repairs while you don't foment Gren base spam strats.

+1
22 Apr 2020, 00:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2020, 23:06 PMKyle
I'm a main Ostheer 2vs2 players that have numerous fighting against top 10 like Icauna / Ikab and I have the same opinion like you guys.

snip

I just checked your linked player card and you have no active ranking. Shouldn't your opinion be based on playing the current patch?
22 Apr 2020, 00:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2020, 00:13 AMGrumpy

I just checked your linked player card and you have no active ranking. Shouldn't your opinion be based on playing the current patch?

Here's my rank: I use 3,4 smurf accounts to play around rank 100 because I feel top 50 are too stressful for me and tbh I'm not that good with that level yet.

Here's some of my replay in recent casting by tightrope:

As #Stay_home vs Toyvendor and Pineapple: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY9-8VnEJR0

As #Wuhan Health Worker vs Ikab & Incauna: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQID8aGZgk8

As #Pray For Jesus vs 6mb & Noisekick: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n6gS7TlRzI

As Teitoku vs IncaUnaa vs Darkelff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM9jkO2cxJI

1 game I was being bm so I rather not post it.

With my playstyle, I always have halftrack 251, Ostwind and Elefant as 3 vehicles on the field that need constant repair at all time, not to mention repairing AT gun/ halftrack / MG / Mortar / Bunker and OKW base and weapons if need.

Not sure about you but my Pios are like overwork all the time, usually I gotta get 2 so they can do the backline work
22 Apr 2020, 01:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2020, 00:34 AMKyle

Here's my rank: I use 3,4 smurf accounts to play around rank 100 because I feel top 50 are too stressful for me and tbh I'm not that good with that level yet.

My apologies, I assumed that the linked was what you're using. I understand using the other accounts. I sometimes have done the same, just at a worse level than yours.
22 Apr 2020, 01:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2020, 00:34 AMKyle

Here's some of my replay in recent casting by tightrope:

As #Stay_home vs Toyvendor and Pineapple: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY9-8VnEJR0

As #Wuhan Health Worker vs Ikab & Incauna: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQID8aGZgk8

As #Pray For Jesus vs 6mb & Noisekick: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n6gS7TlRzI

As Teitoku vs IncaUnaa vs Darkelff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM9jkO2cxJI

1 game I was being bm so I rather not post it.

With my playstyle, I always have halftrack 251, Ostwind and Elefant as 3 vehicles on the field that need constant repair at all time, not to mention repairing AT gun/ halftrack / MG / Mortar / Bunker and OKW base and weapons if need.

Not sure about you but my Pios are like overwork all the time, usually I gotta get 2 so they can do the backline work

Problem is:
Your team playstyle is completely BORING.
OKW-WEH: Heavy TD with Tiger, Turrle and win the match. It is the same as Alies cheese with blob, LMG to counter it
22 Apr 2020, 02:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2020, 01:43 AMtheekvn

Problem is:
Your team playstyle is completely BORING.
OKW-WEH: Heavy TD with Tiger, Turrle and win the match. It is the same as Alies cheese with blob, LMG to counter it

We find it to be the only viable play in 2vs2 atm: Yeah it's boring but it can do anything from anti-arty, anti-ISU and Allies TD.

Tell me, without elefant how do I expect to counter SU85 with increase sight ability, Jackson with AP round, Coment and Churchill flame? Panther is a joke, Stug can't win against Allies TD.

With most Soviet will go Guard + ISU too :\. Elefant doctrine also grant me Stuka bomb dive to counter Arty build

And it's not about my team playstyle, I'm talking about Grenadier with 4 model atm.

P/S: And not just my team, most replay of 2vs2 on tighrope channel all have Elefant :\, it's 2vs2 meta for Axis at least.

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BiPeMWdJxc

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SckFtbBxNR0

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Hmb9N8dFW4

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6Mq2xa_i3s

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1fx5Q8rvu4

And more if you dig into his channel
22 Apr 2020, 02:47 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2020, 02:45 AMKyle
Tell me, without elefant how do I expect to counter SU85 with increase sight ability, Jackson with AP round, Coment and Churchill flame? Panther is a joke, Stug can't win against Allies TD.

With most Soviet will go Guard + ISU too :\. Elefant doctrine also grant me Stuka bomb dive to counter Arty build

2v2 meta in a nutshell.
22 Apr 2020, 02:50 AM

2v2 meta in a nutshell.

So true: Axis go Elefant + Tiger / King Tiger, Allies going ISU + 1 kind of heavy tanks ( Churchill flame, KV2, IS2 ) OR using Anti-tank Overwatch OR USF Airborne doctrine.

It's not like we want to play boring style but it's more like it's the only way to play, if we don't go turtle style then we die to enemy metal build

Thanks for understanding!
22 Apr 2020, 03:18 AM

+1000

truer words have never been spoken.
22 Apr 2020, 04:28 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2020, 02:50 AMKyle

So true: Axis go Elefant + Tiger / King Tiger, Allies going ISU + 1 kind of heavy tanks ( Churchill flame, KV2, IS2 ) OR using Anti-tank Overwatch OR USF Airborne doctrine.

It's not like we want to play boring style but it's more like it's the only way to play, if we don't go turtle style then we die to enemy metal build

Or you don't care to rank up at some point and you play offmeta knowing you might lose. It all depends on what objectives you have. If you know and understand that you are handicapping yourself you won't be salty if you lose.
22 Apr 2020, 06:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2020, 02:50 AMKyle

You should definitively play Allied side to see new strategies (or watch top50 replays if there are any). I top rank 40/50 in 2vs2 random with USF and the teams I met don't play like that. I barely see elefants to be honest and the peak for Ostheer is definitively around the T2 with mastering the use of the 251 to reinforce units on the field.
Once you master the use of the 251, 4men squad grenadiers are nothing of a problem and you can understand how 5men squad gren or pio would become one here (without a specific dotrine).

Imo, Ostheer in 2vs2 is about building a solid T2 with dual pak, sniper, 251 to reinforce on the field, good micro on your HMG42 and the doctrine you like the most to complete that.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★