Login

russian armor

New Brit player, looking for advice!

21 Apr 2020, 18:24 PM

Hello! I bought The British Forces DLC a few days ago and decided to give the brits a go. I ended up really liking the faction and decided to focus on them for the time being. However, after the 10 placement matches I got thrown into rank 700 and needless to say, I went into a losing streak. So I decided to look for some help. I would love some general advice, some build orders, anything. I am not too familiar with the faction and they are a little overwhelming for me. There are times where I have a lot of manpower and I don't really know what to do with it. How many Infantry Sections should I have? Should I make an MG before or after teching to a Platoon Command Post? Is the Assault officer a unit that is worth having in every game or nah? When should I tech up to Company Command Post or when should I get Bolster/Weapon Rack/Grenade?

I know that these are a quite a lot of noobish questions, but I would love to receive some info on all of those things.

Thank you very much for the help!

EDIT: The game mode that I focus on is 1v1!
21 Apr 2020, 18:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2020, 18:24 PMRaviens
Hello! I bought The British Forces DLC a few days ago and decided to give the brits a go. I ended up really liking the faction and decided to focus on them for the time being. However, after the 10 placement matches I got thrown into rank 700 and needless to say, I went into a losing streak. So I decided to look for some help. I would love some general advice, some build orders, anything. I am not too familiar with the faction and they are a little overwhelming for me. There are times where I have a lot of manpower and I don't really know what to do with it. How many Infantry Sections should I have? Should I make an MG before or after teching to a Platoon Command Post? Is the Assault officer a unit that is worth having in every game or nah? When should I tech up to Company Command Post or when should I get Bolster/Weapon Rack/Grenade?

I know that these are a quite a lot of noobish questions, but I would love to receive some info on all of those things.

We need to know which mode you're playing - 1v1, 2v2 or 3v3/4v4? These will vary - BOs used for 1v1 can get you eaten alive in 4v4 and vice versa.

Airlanding Officer Assault Officer is a situational unit to boost CQC power but IS with 2x Brens will outscale him every time.
21 Apr 2020, 18:31 PM

We need to know which mode you're playing - 1v1, 2v2 or 3v3/4v4? These will vary - BOs used for 1v1 can get you eaten alive in 4v4 and vice versa

1v1
21 Apr 2020, 18:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2020, 18:31 PMRaviens

1v1

I don't play 1v1 any more but you should get replies from 1v1ers soon enough. [4v4 here]
21 Apr 2020, 18:33 PM

I don't play 1v1 any more but you should get replies from 1v1ers soon enough. [4v4 here]

Thank you, regardless. Good luck!
21 Apr 2020, 20:28 PM

Losing streaks do happen, and sometimes its little to do with your fault, bad RNG, tilted etc. Take it from a 4v4er who's gone from cackling maniacally atop a heap of 1000+ FU wrecked Allied TDs and dreams to losing 2 squads in 2 mins in another game.

As no one else has come yet, I'll give you a few pointers.

• IS, HMG, IS, IS is I think a decent opener and gives you options against OKW who will eat you alive without HMGs. Always have an MG before even thinking of teching. It's too good at area denial and killing models to ignore. HMGs are a core weapon in this game
  • 2nd tech up should only be done if you have the fuel to then immediately buy something, otherwise you're setting yourself back needlessly.
  • If you have the bases covered, MG, enough squads out, Brens sorted, AT gun(s),then still too much MP? Consider building a fuel or muni cache depending on the needs of your game and doctrine. Or a mortar pit if it's early game ish, but it's a vulnerable target.
  • Bolster timing's an advanced topic that I can't answer
  • Weapon rack timing.....if you can fit your squads with an Bren each then sure might as well, but Brens do not fire on the move - be aware
  • Some people never use the grenade upgrade, some always get it, really is situational. It's a good grenade, but decent players will dodge....so *shrugs*

EDIT: Silly me, I forgot the big one. Go watch streamers and replay vids on YouTube of UKF! We just had a big 1v1 tournament in the Cohrona Cup and there might be UKF footage in there, didn't see the whole thing
21 Apr 2020, 20:36 PM

Losing streaks do happen, and sometimes its little to do with your fault, bad RNG, tilted etc. Take it from a 4v4er who's gone from cackling maniacally atop a heap of 1000+ FU wrecked Allied TDs and dreams to losing 2 squads in 2 mins in another game.

As no one else has come yet, I'll give you a few pointers.

• IS, HMG, IS, IS is I think a decent opener and gives you options against OKW who will eat you alive without HMGs. Always have an MG before even thinking of teching. It's too good at area denial and killing models to ignore. HMGs are a core weapon in this game
  • 2nd tech up should only be done if you have the fuel to then immediately buy something, otherwise you're setting yourself back needlessly.
  • If you have the bases covered, MG, enough squads out, Brens sorted, AT gun(s),then still too much MP? Consider building a fuel or muni cache depending on the needs of your game and doctrine. Or a mortar pit if it's early game ish, but it's a vulnerable target.
  • Bolster timing's an advanced topic that I can't answer
  • Weapon rack timing.....if you can fit your squads with an Bren each then sure might as well, but Brens do not fire on the move - be aware
  • Some people never use the grenade upgrade, some always get it, really is situational. It's a good grenade, but decent players will dodge....so *shrugs*

Thanks a lot. I will keep this in mind. I know lose streaks are inveitable, I am fully aware of that! I'm not complaining that I lost the match. I'm just confused and a bit overwhelmed because I'm really trying to improve. Thank you so much for the tips!
21 Apr 2020, 20:36 PM

EDIT: Silly me, I forgot the big one. Go watch streamers and replay vids on YouTube of UKF! We just had a big 1v1 tournament in the Cohrona Cup and there might be UKF footage in there, didn't see the whole thing

Sure thing!
21 Apr 2020, 20:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2020, 20:36 PMRaviens

Sure thing!

As a semi-joke, I'll just say to always run from Double LMG Obers ;)
21 Apr 2020, 20:54 PM

As a semi-joke, I'll just say to always run from Double LMG Obers ;)

Got ya :D
22 Apr 2020, 08:23 AM

22 Apr 2020, 08:37 AM

Hi Raviens! You won't believe it. I played OKW yesterday and you were matched with me and talking about rank700. Today I was wondering in this website and saw your thread. Isn't it intresting? So I would give you some advice on how to play this game but not the Brit faction. I played COH1 as a PE player for like 5 years. After COH2 I don't really spend time on it since OKW is just not that intresting as PE. But I believe my experience would be useful for you.
So here it is. Let's just see what happened yesterday. You attacked my oil on first wave which has no effect on me(cause there is only one squad of infantry, and I got two squads and got green cover). Then you set your MG in the building. That is the problem, I think you are not sure to either protect or attack. Simply saying, I guess there is no strategic object to you. When you play against OKW faction, your first object should be cut their fuel. Not placing your MG in a building to attack my infantry in the VP area. I know VP is important but it is less important than fuel in the starting phase of the game. Generally speaking, you should combine your arms as a fist. If you wanna cut my fuel, you should place MG behind your infantry and go with your infantry. You should take the green cover before OKW and your main force should flank my defensive infantry(You know when I play OKW, I used SP to flank your MG and infantry). At the second phase(about 5min) I built luch tank and you built your AEC. You should know that luchs are good against infantry and weak to AEC. Your AEC should be protection of your infantry, not the main thing to attack my volks. Because my volks got panzerfaust but Brits got nothing to do with Luchs(Royal Engeeniers does). So at the second phase you should defend your fuel and VP with your AEC in the war fog. When OKW comes to take your territory, you should get the luchs with your engeenier and AEC. And volks? volks can't do anything with superior brits infantry. That's just a simple describtion of my thought. Maybe you remember my steam name: HKjournalist. Add me if you want a teammate :)
Well, anyhow I registered an account on this website and tried my best with my poor English. Ask me anything if you have any question :)
22 Apr 2020, 08:47 AM

And always remember one thing in 1v1. You have to beat my infantry first to take your territory back(Either eliminate them or let them retreat). You were taking territory before killing my squads. So your squads were scattered all around the map, which is a bad idea. Cause my squads are combined as a strong fist while yours are scattered all over. So it is easy to let you retreat(You have to retreat when there are whole bunch of SP and Volks charging at you, right?) This is a principle to remember in this game. Kill first, capture second.
And I think you were sending your Royal Engeeniers to attack my volks in the building. Which is ineffective, like I said earlier, your RE should be with AEC to fight against my luch.
And don't forget to build the car with trends(sry, I forget the name). The car can upgrade with flam weapon is really a pain in the ass for OKW.
22 Apr 2020, 09:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2020, 08:37 AMsoyonbo
Hi Raviens! You won't believe it. I played OKW yesterday and you were matched with me and talking about rank700. Today I was wondering in this website and saw your thread. Isn't it intresting? So I would give you some advice on how to play this game but not the Brit faction. I played COH1 as a PE player for like 5 years. After COH2 I don't really spend time on it since OKW is just not that intresting as PE. But I believe my experience would be useful for you.
So here it is. Let's just see what happened yesterday. You attacked my oil on first wave which has no effect on me(cause there is only one squad of infantry, and I got two squads and got green cover). Then you set your MG in the building. That is the problem, I think you are not sure to either protect or attack. Simply saying, I guess there is no strategic object to you. When you play against OKW faction, your first object should be cut their fuel. Not placing your MG in a building to attack my infantry in the VP area. I know VP is important but it is less important than fuel in the starting phase of the game. Generally speaking, you should combine your arms as a fist. If you wanna cut my fuel, you should place MG behind your infantry and go with your infantry. You should take the green cover before OKW and your main force should flank my defensive infantry(You know when I play OKW, I used SP to flank your MG and infantry). At the second phase(about 5min) I built luch tank and you built your AEC. You should know that luchs are good against infantry and weak to AEC. Your AEC should be protection of your infantry, not the main thing to attack my volks. Because my volks got panzerfaust but Brits got nothing to do with Luchs(Royal Engeeniers does). So at the second phase you should defend your fuel and VP with your AEC in the war fog. When OKW comes to take your territory, you should get the luchs with your engeenier and AEC. And volks? volks can't do anything with superior brits infantry. That's just a simple describtion of my thought. Maybe you remember my steam name: HKjournalist. Add me if you want a teammate :)
Well, anyhow I registered an account on this website and tried my best with my poor English. Ask me anything if you have any question :)

Yooo, I remember you! I added you as well! Dude, thank you so much for your feedback! I'm looking forward to playing you again and to improve my 1v1 play with this faction! I will keep in mind what you told me! Thanks a lot!
28 Apr 2020, 00:05 AM

Make 8 sections, that's all you need.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak